9.09%
1 9.09%
3 Dirty Socks
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.12 The Hesitation Ramification
(01-04-2014, 01:43 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: The only part I liked was the opening smartphone bit. Very true. But it was instantly ruined by yet ANOTHER sex-starved-Amy quip. And I've gotten so tired of Bernadette's voice that I just have to mute her. Nails on a chalkboard, for those who remember what a chalkboard is.

I agree about this quote, used it as the highlight for this episode.

http://www.shennyhq.com/#!episodes-709-to-716/c1f97
(01-04-2014, 04:40 AM)taffinabean Wrote: I do agree with your other post about Sheldon caring enough about Penny to get up to go comfort her. Yes, he was trying to learn comedy and saw an opportunity to put the timing theory to work but, he at least connected with the fact she was hurting and needed a laugh.

It showed that he took notice of Penny's distress and tried to do something about it. I also found it interesting that in the Thanksgiving episode, Sheldon was the one that recognized the fact that Penny needed space after her fight with Leonard, and he told Leonard that while he (Sheldon) didn't know much about women, he wouldn't go after her if he were Leonard. And I think Sheldon was right and at that moment being away from Leonard was exactly what Penny needed. That was another instance of Sheldon noticing Penny's emotional state and doing something about it, albeit in his own little, awkward way.
(01-04-2014, 11:36 PM)FranEssi Wrote: It showed that he took notice of Penny's distress and tried to do something about it. I also found it interesting that in the Thanksgiving episode, Sheldon was the one that recognized the fact that Penny needed space after her fight with Leonard, and he told Leonard that while he (Sheldon) didn't know much about women, he wouldn't go after her if he were Leonard. And I think Sheldon was right and at that moment being away from Leonard was exactly what Penny needed. That was another instance of Sheldon noticing Penny's emotional state and doing something about it, albeit in his own little, awkward way.

Sheldon makes no excuses for who he is and genuinely believes that Penny is a mystery to him and that he doesn't get her. But he kind of does.
(12-21-2013, 02:00 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote:
(12-19-2013, 08:49 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: People who sit in couples all the time are terrifying. Are they sharing their soul like chewing gum? They’re like a dog with two heads. Or two dogs with two heads wearing matching t-shirts. Anyroad, it’s a ghastly business. I once fired someone from my bookshop, when I was a young(er) prat, because they kept turning up with their SO. We’ll have no romance on MY watch, thank you very much! Perhaps I was just a git…

Ugh! Those couples are the WORST! It's like they're permanently tethered to each other. How do they manage to go to the loo, I wonder? The separation must be sheer agony.

Funnily enough I'm acquainted with a married couple who ALWAYS dress identically. One day they'll both be wearing the exact same western shirt, the next day might be tie-dyed t-shirt day, etc. It's so bizarre to me.

But, erm, yeah, Sheldon attempting to learn comedy. Perhaps I should reserve judgement, but it sounds like another attempt by TPTB to loosen his mantis carapace.

Hm. Might agree with you there.

(01-03-2014, 05:34 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 05:23 AM)Berliner Wrote: Oh dear, another "sit in couples episode". Undecided TBBT really has become a romcom:

- too many couples
- too many relationship based storylines
- too much Amy and Bernadette in general
- too many Ladies' nights (with pathetic Raj in it)
- too boring marriage. Howard's character is destroyed for good.

The funniest thing about those images is that they looked so set-up. The show was more natural before they tried to make such a point of these couples. I waiting for them to get bored. Tick tock, tick tock.

Yes, the shoehorned females sit about as well in the group as a brick in a salad. Topped with wax.

(01-03-2014, 11:12 PM)Gamma12 Wrote: I don't know why they insist on shoving so much into an episode that is only 20 some minutes long. Most hour dramas don't have this many subplots. The Sheldon plot was.weak but did we really.need.to see Bernadette reinact the diner scene from When Harry Met Sally with ? Talk about pointless.

The thing is, weirdly enough, that the more stuff they try to cram in, the flatter and weaker the dialogue. It's been hideously diluted. I used to watch a new episode, thoroughly enjoy it and remember big chunks of quote that I could bother people with that hadn't seen the episode yet. I haven't yet seen these new episodes (hiatus) but I'm not even bothered about the new ones anymore. I'll watch them still out of pure morbid curiosity, but it just ends up depressing me. I genuinely cannot remember what happened in any of the first half of season 7. That is not a good sign, as I completely discard anything that I don't like or care about, for example long division, disappointing films or the difference between Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon. If there even is one. I don't care.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Brr, what a bad episode this was. Too much drama and no real laughs. Raj and Stewart were pretty pathetic, once again. I mean talking to a security guy at the mall is being portrayed as a big step - give me a break.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
I've forgotten this episode already.