0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence
(04-26-2014, 10:04 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A PICTURE OF MY WOMAN SES!

Out the bloody back mate, pronto! We'll settle this the old fashioned way...

[Image: tumblr_m5z76syVST1ryt3yso1_500.gif]

Ha-ha! You know I called dibs. Damn, now I sound like that lousy Leonard. PukePuke
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35
(04-26-2014, 04:35 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: There's been a few complaints that they really made our girl look awful in this episode. They scrapped her hair back in an unflattering way, and put her in a horrible sack like top. Can't have them looking cute together, can they?

Sock they still did though.

I've wondered if they've been told to make her look uglier this season to make Amy look better or if Lorre has a plan to deal with the fact they've turned her into an alcoholic and having her "let herself go" is part of it.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 10:58 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I've wondered if they've been told to make her look uglier this season to make Amy look better or if Lorre has a plan to deal with the fact they've turned her into an alcoholic and having her "let herself go" is part of it.

Hmmm those are good points; I think it could be more of the first one. Either way, Penny with a grandma bun and table cloth shirt is still leaps and bounds ahead of AFF. Any attempt to make AFF look less nerdy or whatever, will be seen as a desperate move on the character's part. It'll be pegged as "growth" anyhow Dodgy .
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 07:13 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Hmmm those are good points; I think it could be more of the first one. Either way, Penny with a grandma bun and table cloth shirt is still leaps and bounds ahead of AFF. Any attempt to make AFF look less nerdy or whatever, will be seen as a desperate move on the character's part. It'll be pegged as "growth" anyhow Dodgy .

I tend to agree. They did the same thing in that episode where Amy was sleeping beauty asking Sheldon for a kiss. Penny looked like a wreak. Confused She usually looks great but you can bet if there's a 'dress up' scene for Amy in the same episode, then she will look bad! They have never done that damn awful thing with her hair before. S
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 07:29 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I tend to agree. They did the same thing in that episode where Amy was sleeping beauty asking Sheldon for a kiss. Penny looked like a wreak. Confused She usually looks great but you can bet if there's a 'dress up' scene for Amy in the same episode, then she will look bad! They have never done that damn awful thing with her hair before. S

I find it weird that in any other show AFF would not have stayed in the grandma clothes this long. The girlfriends would have taken her in hand and done a complete makeover and then she would speak up and say "I just gotta be me". Then she would settle into a style that was half-way in between the two extremes. But not TBBT, she is static like the clown characters in a Tyler Perry show (Mr. Brown, Patrice Lovely, Madea)
The following 3 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Toad, Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 10:13 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: I find it weird that in any other show AFF would not have stayed in the grandma clothes this long. The girlfriends would have taken her in hand and done a complete makeover and then she would speak up and say "I just gotta be me". Then she would settle into a style that was half-way in between the two extremes. But not TBBT, she is static like the clown characters in a Tyler Perry show (Mr. Brown, Patrice Lovely, Madea)

Because the character is meant to be physically weird and unappealing, and thus anybody finding her attractive is meant to be odd, within the context of show. The trope of 'seeing the inner beauty' has been rather derailed by her bizarre behaviour and lack of social skills. Physical appearance and wardrobe is the very blunt shorthand in the show for character indicators. Also, I believe there are personal reasons MB doesn't want to appear in anything revealing, though that doesn't prevent the dialogue being risque.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35
I found this on Rotten Tomato:
This episode was watched by 16.44 million people with a rating of 4.5 (adults 18-49)

That's really bad for a Shenny centric episode. Although a lot of people may have been turned off by the promo and we are dealing with baseball season, plus the playoffs for both Basketball and Hockey.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
(04-28-2014, 11:17 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I found this on Rotten Tomato:
This episode was watched by 16.44 million people with a rating of 4.5 (adults 18-49)

That's really bad for a Shenny centric episode. Although a lot of people may have been turned off by the promo and we are dealing with baseball season, plus the playoffs for both Basketball and Hockey.

Yeah, don't the end of season rating usually drop because of sports? Maybe this the beginning to the end of the ratings wave...
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-28-2014, 10:59 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Because the character is meant to be physically weird and unappealing, and thus anybody finding her attractive is meant to be odd, within the context of show. The trope of 'seeing the inner beauty' has been rather derailed by her bizarre behaviour and lack of social skills. Physical appearance and wardrobe is the very blunt shorthand in the show for character indicators. Also, I believe there are personal reasons MB doesn't want to appear in anything revealing, though that doesn't prevent the dialogue being risque.

okay i found out the hard way... Just because they're ugly on the inside doesn't make them beautiful on the outside. Hollywood tries to say go for the ugly one, he's really nice. Like ugly people can't be jerks! I'm not saying ugly people are jerks. I'm saying people are people and regardless of physical appearance some are jerks. I have nothing against people who are ugly. (which is like automatically insulting. But i'm really tired of the catch-22 that is western beauty)
In fact, it's a little mean to pretty people ...
(not that i have some cheerleader wagon passing out complete season dvd's of America's Next Top Model because I am just in love with beauty.
1. I went to a stuffy all-girls prep school. There were no cheerleaders
2. I was the cofounder and vice president of the chess club and quiz bowl...nuff said ).
I just think it's a little prejudiced to assume that because someone is good looking or charming, it must mean that they are mean.
Another thing, it's just a part of this world where they make fun of you for not trying to be gorgeous and call you a slut if you do try. And prady and lorre have some freaking issues with cheerleader and pretty girls that they need to deal with STAT.
Also I believe MB has a religious reason for why she doesn't show skin, so there will NEVER be a bikini episode!
I think it was better when it wasn't about physical appearance but about you know content of their character and you know other ... gandhi like things...
okay let me get off of this soapbox.... where is the ladder? i could have sworn I put it....
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 4 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Nutz, Jislane35
(04-29-2014, 01:10 AM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: okay i found out the hard way... Just because they're ugly on the inside doesn't make them beautiful on the outside. Hollywood tries to say go for the ugly one, he's really nice. Like ugly people can't be jerks!
In fact, it's a little mean to pretty people ...
(not that i have some cheerleader wagon passing out complete season dvd's of America's Next Top Model because I am just in love with beauty.
1. I went to a stuffy all-girls prep school. There were no cheerleaders
2. I was the cofounder and vice president of the chess club and quiz bowl...nuff said ).
I just think it's a little prejudiced to assume that because someone is good looking or charming, it must mean that they are mean.
Another thing, it's just a part of this world where they make fun of you for not trying to be gorgeous and call you a slut if you do try. And prady and lorre have some freaking issues with cheerleader and pretty girls that they need to deal with STAT.
Also I believe MB has a religious reason for why she doesn't show skin, so there will NEVER be a bikini episode!

okay let me get off of this soapbox.... where is the ladder? i could have sworn I put it....

The tropes get you coming and going with this one. I think Penny has fallen for the idea that Leonard is a nice guy, when in fact he's a 'Nice Guy'. The problem is both Leonard and Amy are convinced they are ugly ducklings who will blossom, when in fact they are nasty people regardless of the packaging.

The writers' issues with women are legion. Pretty is prey, ugly is funny, all of them are scary, controlling and desperate for a man. Sigh.
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Jislane35