0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence
The opening with S/P/L was almost vintage. The snark, the pacing, (Kaley trying not to smile at Jim's lines)... Almost brings me back to season 2. The Asian Fusion dinner scene with Shenny was funny and again, almost perfection, and Howard and Raj having scenes between just the two of them is always a good thing. Unfortunately, for me the bad from this episode took everything good and drowned it in a big old tub of toxic waste. Here are what I consider the major flubs of tonight's episode

1. B/AFF/L- not one of these three idiots had a single thing to say to Sheldon when he was trying to decide if he should give up on String Theory, but now they have LOTS to say about his whining about what to choose next. Likewise these three all pushed Penny to take this job as an actress (even though she said it was a terrible job), but now they don't want to hear her complain about it? Gee so sorry guys, maybe if you were better friends to begin with and I don't know, maybe actually supported them when they needed it, you wouldn't have to hear them complain now.

2. Leonard the good guy- So Bernadette and Amy think that Leonard is completely honest in the relationship? What a complete joke! There has been years of canon to support (including his own statements) that Leonard will say anything to get sex from Penny and honesty be damned. That they tried to play this card was just another way this episode tried to tell us how to feel instead of actually writing a good episode, or hell even a scene and showing us. And speaking of this habit...

3. The physic- having them basically say that all Sheldon's problems will be solved if he would just fuck Amy, goes against every fiber of my being. (Although Sheldon's first thought that Penny's hair was originally dark was interesting). This isn't funny, it's not some focus of the comedic lens about the absurdity of certain relationships! It's just an idiotic statement that a person can "fix" you if you would just love them. It's a 12 year old girls philosophy that school won't suck anymore, you're mom will get off the booze, and your father will stop banging the babysitter if the guy you "love" would just love you back.

4. Emily- I had such hopes for her but between "I was a Nanny, so I can change your diaper if you get scared" and her being turned on by a guy killing his girlfriends father, cutting off his face and then wearing it while he makes out with the girl, I realized that if she sticks around she'll just end up another woman fatality in TBBT world. We have the drunk loser (Penny), the shrew (Bernadette), the manipulative bitch (Amy), and now we get the psychotic bitch. Oh boy!
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
There's been a few complaints that they really made our girl look awful in this episode. They scrapped her hair back in an unflattering way, and put her in a horrible sack like top. Can't have them looking cute together, can they?

Sock they still did though.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35, queenoftheDales
(04-26-2014, 04:35 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: There's been a few complaints that they really made our girl look awful in this episode. They scrapped her hair back in an unflattering way, and put her in a horrible sack like top. Can't have them looking cute together, can they?

Sock they still did though.

Well, except for all the blatant audience mind-meddling set-ups like...

[Image: 9170703dfab25eedbca.jpg]

They do the pink and green combo a lot actually...I rather like it.

[Image: Scav14.jpg]

Or pink and purple. Why the fuck am I talking about clothes? Get a grip, Gripe...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
...Husband and I do jigsaws together. Or, rather, I start them, he comes to 'help' and it all ends in elbows. (And sneaky finishing off of the easy bits whilst I'm cooking dinner.) Total couple thing.
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Jislane35
The moment when Penny said "You know what? Maybe I need a break from all of you. Come on Sheldon” said everything I have been thinking. I wanted them to just leave town together and get away from Leonard and Amy.

[Image: tumblr_n4luxn7WVm1qlix6mo1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n4luxn7WVm1qlix6mo4_r1_250.gif]
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, queenoftheDales, Jomi25, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
(04-26-2014, 05:15 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Or pink and purple. Why the fuck am I talking about clothes? Get a grip, Gripe...

[Image: tumblr_n4lggc5hry1qgwaixo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_n4lggc5hry1qgwaixo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_n4lggc5hry1qgwaixo3_500.gif]

Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35, queenoftheDales
[Image: tumblr_inline_mqil4cj0Sw1qz4rgp.gif]
PAYBACK'S A BASTARD SON OF A BITCH EH PENNY?
Big Grin
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Trust No One, Jomi25, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35, queenoftheDales
(04-26-2014, 05:45 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: [Image: tumblr_inline_mqil4cj0Sw1qz4rgp.gif]
Big Grin

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

If these two were together the cynicism would be hilarious. Neither has a fragile ego and it would just work. They could drop these insecure pairings and write a couple that actually made us laugh, and the show could stop taking itself so seriously. It could get back to being about a comedy again.
The following 7 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, spuffyfan, queenoftheDales, Gamma, Jomi25, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
(04-26-2014, 05:45 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: [Image: tumblr_inline_mqil4cj0Sw1qz4rgp.gif]
Big Grin

That line by Sheldon to Penny in the restaurant was pure gold. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A PICTURE OF MY WOMAN SES!

Out the bloody back mate, pronto! We'll settle this the old fashioned way...

[Image: tumblr_m5z76syVST1ryt3yso1_500.gif]
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Trust No One, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35