0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.20 - The Relationship Diremption
(04-02-2014, 10:04 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: It is a big slap in the face to hear Penny telling Sheldon to move on from his one and only passion in life and to find a new career since he hasn't gotten any new results to present while he told her to continue on with her dreams even though she wasn't going anywhere special with her auditions either and waitressing was the only thing keeping the light and water running in her place. When in actuality it's Penny who should be MOVING ON from her acting career and look for something that she has so much more of a chance at succeeding at and doesn't make her look like a ditzy blonde in online B movies.

That's real fucking FRESH Penny, if I were Sheldon I'd have been disappointed with the fact that she couldn't return the favor by pushing him to work harder and forget about what others think/say or if they've succeeded before him. I could expect Penny to put up excuses for quitting, especially this current one who is insecure as hell, but Sheldon? No way. But I have to remember that they're decreasing all of his admirable qualities for the sake of making Lamy look as if they're the 'only solutions' to their problems in life. Penny was drinking like crazy after she found out that her small part in NCIS got cut off and now Sheldon is doing the same after hearing about some other scientist making it big and not him. Do they not understand that success takes time? Especially if they're being sidetracked by unwanted stressful drama in their lives?

With this Penny being such an apathetic drunk she doesn't understand that no other job will ever be the same for Sheldon, physics has been in his life since the beginning and it's not as easy as her finding a different side job which she should REALLY consider that way she won't be in debt with Leonard because I know he'll constantly remind her about all the money he's given to her every time they argue just to make her feel like shit for going against him. It's going to be hard for Sheldon to just let go of theoretical physics so easily. Hopefully this is just a short phase and sooner or later he'll walk it off and get back to his whiteboard but I doubt it since this plot will probably never be mentioned again along with a thousand others before that.

And my gosh Amy looks like a legit middle-aged women in everyone of those pics, she looks as if she was Sheldon's second mother.

Someone should seriously create a before and after diagram of the early season Sheldon with this current one. I bet the transformation will be jaw-dropping-ly tragic.
I think its par for the course. They won't stop until they have completely stripped these characters to the core. I honestly think that someone on the show has a distinct gripe against them. It could be a way that they say "hey wanna be successful outside the show... well now we give you sucky storylines!"
And in penny's defense, they have spent a long time and most of this season removing any trace of penny's self-confidence ... almost like passive agressive emotional abuse... oops did say the A-word?

(04-11-2014, 11:16 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Yeah, he was. A whole load of us have called the resemblance from early on, and I guess we weren't the only ones to notice. But it remains to be seen if JP will get any more decent roles offered, or if he's typecast himself as a prancing moron.

As for describing the relationships - I don't think they allow that kind of language on a public forum.
i apologize... i had a poor potty training experience and i never got over it. sad face... single tear running artistically down one cheek... can we play some emo music in the background?
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 3 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales
(04-11-2014, 11:17 PM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: I think its par for the course. They won't stop until they have completely stripped these characters to the core. I honestly think that someone on the show has a distinct gripe against them. It could be a way that they say "hey wanna be successful outside the show... well now we give you sucky storylines!"
And in penny's defense, they have spent a long time and most of this season removing any trace of penny's self-confidence ... almost like passive agressive emotional abuse... oops did say the A-word?

Yes, I agree. I think Penny has always been someone's vengeance for some slight in high school. The pretty cheerleader who wouldn't date the nerd. She's never been given the dignity of a surname, let alone any agency that doesn't consist of 'Leonard's prize for being a Nice Guy'.

If this were a serious drama, if you had a guy who fixated immediately to the point of imagining your future children, stole your mail, sabotaged your other dates and friendships, and then used alcohol and financial and emotional manipulation to further a relationship - you would expect to end up with a drunken, apathetic mess who was too scared to leave because she was now entirely dependent on the guy who was controlling her.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, devilbk, Jislane35, Nutz, CassandraElise
(04-11-2014, 11:27 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Yes, I agree. I think Penny has always been someone's vengeance for some slight in high school. The pretty cheerleader who wouldn't date the nerd. She's never been given the dignity of a surname, let alone any agency that doesn't consist of 'Leonard's prize for being a Nice Guy'.

If this were a serious drama, if you had a guy who fixated immediately to the point of imagining your future children, stole your mail, sabotaged your other dates and friendships, and then used alcohol and financial and emotional manipulation to further a relationship - you would expect to end up with a drunken, apathetic mess who was too scared to leave because she was now entirely dependent on the guy who was controlling her.

i never realized its like if greys anatomy ... were a sitcom?

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 1 user Likes Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35
Ooh! a NOOO MEMBER. Hello.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(04-11-2014, 11:33 PM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: i never realized its like if greys anatomy ... were a sitcom?

Bloody hell. I think we should just be grateful they AREN'T doctors. Sheldon as a surgeon is all kinds of terrifying to contemplate. And I would not like to wake up in hospital and find Howard or Leonard anywhere near me. I wouldn't trust either of the little bastards with an unconscious woman. Shock
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
hi, i'm new here... can i sit with you... i have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with fluffer nutter if you want to switch?(i have no idea what fluffer nutter is but i've heard it mentioned around...)

The following 2 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
(04-11-2014, 11:39 PM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: hi, i'm new here... can i sit with you... i have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with fluffer nutter if you want to switch?(i have no idea what fluffer nutter is but i've heard it mentioned around...)

A fluffernutter is a peanut butter with marshmallow sandwich.
ah... well my lifelong curiosity is satisfied...

(04-11-2014, 09:21 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: By No Shamy, I meant no romance. (I shoulda clarified that, oopsy Blush )

AFF's ass is still there but it wasn't spotlight stealing; almost an after thought. The episode was pretty much about Sheldon. They did minimize the career crisis, but I expected that. I think its gonna be some drawn out story arc for the finale.

I tell you what, if I hadn't read the TR, I'm sure my head would have exploded thinking that Sheldon had had drunk sex with Fowler. SOOOOO glad that wasn't the case. SOOOO glad.

honestly i thought just saying the word "shamy" automatically implied there was no romance or positive feelings of any sort...

The following 1 user Likes Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35
The episode only had a couple of good things for me. One was the fact Sheldon took and respected Penny's advice of allowing his a new field of study/career interest to come to him instead of working to find one, while shutting down Amy and Leonard's ideas.

I hated the fact that Sheldon is just now realizing that string theory may never be proven. Well no shit. How did he make it to that level of education and level of his career without knowing that! So, the entire epiphany at lunch was just fucking stupid.

I don't think the morning after wake up scene with Sheldon and the Geology book would piss off the Shamyites, but make them even more excited and wet their appetite for Shamy sex. It was done as a tease of what will come and that's just gross.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-11-2014, 07:05 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: HALF Blossom?? we be having no half blossoms 'ere.

Blossom Poll is on...

It deserved more then 1, but less then 2. I stand by my rating. (I'm a rebel, deal with it)Big Grin

Sigh, but for the polls sake I'll give it two.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Tuesday Pajamas