0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.20 - The Relationship Diremption
On the positive, Penny and Sheldon's scene wasn't the total disaster I was expecting from the TR, Yes, she gave him horrible advise by comparing his relationship to String Theory to her boyfriend relationships, but it was in the spirit of old Penny and I have to admit laughing really hard and long at Sheldon's "Shake hands, say good bye" in regards to having her take her own advise. I wish this scene could have gone on longer since they obviously had time considering the Tag. I also thought she also gave him the best advise telling him instead of forcing himself to find a new thing to study, to take a step back and let it find him (hopefully after a brief breather he'll rediscover his love of Sting Theory)

Also, Sheldon's story about the ring to Howard was really touching and even though they again had to make sure it ended with a joke, it was very Sheldon.

Now the things that could have been better:
Clogzilla- I thought it was a funny story (like Bernie's last week) cause you could see it happening to a person, and it was written better then the crapfest they ended up turning last weeks scene into, but I can't help feel it went a little longer then it needed.

Sheldon - It saddens me that not one of the people he considers friends (that are Scientists) especially his girlfriend, had his back at all.

Why was Sheldon confused that Amy wasn't there the next morning (does she sleep over on the couch a lot, or a God forbid, do they sleep together?) the line didn't make any sense.

His drinking is also starting to get out of hand if he truly "drank" as much as Penny. Where the hell was Amy? Why would she let him drink that much? It's almost like they planned to have her stay with him (see above line rant) and then chickened out since they know that Sheldon waking up to a Geometry book= funny, but Sheldon waking up to an equally naked Amy who was in no way shape or form drunk the night before= non consensual sex.

The Tag- God that thing went forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever..........

Because this episode had little to no Shamy/Lenny relationship crap and the Shenny scene was ALMOST vintage, I give this episode 1 and a half Penny Blossoms.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, queenoftheDales, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
(04-11-2014, 12:19 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I give this episode 1 and a half Penny Blossoms.

HALF Blossom?? we be having no half blossoms 'ere.

Blossom Poll is on...
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
Christ on a bike….I scarcely know what to do with myself when I actually LIKE an episode…I’m just bemusedly jittering all over the place…Even the depressive fact that in a few episodes they’ll be back to giving me the boak, won’t dampen my enjoyment of this one. To hell with them! I’ll just pretend the season ended now. Well, after the Degobah swamp one…

After being bored to tears of bleeding APATHY by last week’s episode, I’m rather amazed to suddenly find myself on the other end of the appreciative spectrum.

The plot itself was unspectacular (if you discount the wholly shocking and luridly-painted elephant in the goddamn room of Sheldon abandoning String Theory), but there were so many fine little acting moments, and Parsons was in fine fettle. He seemed INSPIRED again.

Sheldon’s demented morning-after Geology horror face, the strange slithering arm, the code milky green walk…Ach!

I agree with Queen that he was being a trifle too “Parsons” rather than Vintage Sheldon, but at least he wasn’t being New!Sheldon…there was none of that gormless berk.

Emily’s grand, have no problem with her at all. Although her subtle style of black-humoured performance seems more suited to a more cynical and sophisticated show, but hey, if they want to go that way, brilliant! I always like Bernadette. And poor bastard Howard! The dear fellow! Raj is handling himself well. It must be a relief to Kunal to play a character with a little more dignity.

I found Penny interfering with Sheldon’s hair delightful, like the chaotic, wilful yet caring character she is. Etc. And that he still listens to her social/emotional advice after seven years, since the first instance of her proffering it in Season One with “love trumps hate” rather lovely. We have a list of Penny’s advice to Sheldon, that he follows, somewhere…it numbers WELL into the double digits…Everything with Sheldon and Penny is delightful, they are the fucking heart and soul of the series.

But Jim’s voice wins all the awards for this episode…who the hell is he channelling, Roger Rabbit?

And what the FUCK was that Duchess bit? Actually, I don't care WHY, just provide MORE. I knew that chap had a panoply of characters inside his sconce...Let them roam sir, let them roam!

I don't think I've said this before in the Seventh Season, but....I'm going to watch it again. Now. Let's hope my joy doesn't collapse like a flimsy house of marked cards...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 9 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Gamma, Jislane35, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Nutz, Toad, Berliner, CassandraElise
Jeez, Gripe. you're almost making me give a shit again.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
(04-11-2014, 08:13 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Jeez, Gripe. you're almost making me give a shit again.

I'm so sorry. As I was just failing to explain in the Grumblebox, in the current TBBT fandom, one has been left abandoned on a forgotten isle of quality for so long, that one endeavours to manufacture companions of either past remembrance or of vaguely Sheldonic quality out of whatever washes up from the lost wreckage.

[Image: wilson.jpeg]

[Image: castaway_1850515i.jpg]

"VINTAGE SHELDON?"
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Wisp, queenoftheDales, Tuesday Pajamas
Don't fall for it.

The following 4 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, FranEssi, Berliner
(03-31-2014, 07:56 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yes, they HAVE to show the Shenny scenes in the promo, anything remotely Sheldon and Penny gets jumped on by the company who creates the shows trailers.

MORE funny business, not less Big Grin
My opinion of big bang trailers now are like strange weirdos with candy... They say they have more in their creepy unlit van... perhaps they even say they will take you to a house made of candy... but instead they will take you to the woods, do unspeakable things to you and leave you for dead... Which is how watching big bang season 7 makes me feel most of the time. ( i would insert a smiley of me giving a half sarcastic/saucy wink but i'm bad at recognizing facial expressions...)
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 5 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35, SpaceAnJL, queenoftheDales, Toad, Gamma
(04-11-2014, 10:46 PM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: My opinion of big bang trailers now are like strange weirdos with candy... They say they have more in their creepy unlit van... perhaps they even say they will take you to a house made of candy... but instead they will take you to the woods, do unspeakable things to you and leave you for dead... Which is how watching big bang season 7 makes me feel most of the time. ( i would insert a smiley of me giving a half sarcastic/saucy wink but i'm bad at recognizing facial expressions...)

That's a spot on description of them and welcome to the forums, Will_I_Bgraded. Blossom
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
(04-11-2014, 10:36 AM)devilbk Wrote: He opened the door. They went in and he woke up with the geology book. Comedic bait and switch. Probably really pissed the shAMYs off.

They should be used to disappointment... we sure as hell are. I don't know how best to describe most of these relationships (barring cute fuzzy wuzzy howard and bernie) as anything but disappointment. A little bit of " You should be honored I'm settling for you" mixed in with "we both know eventually you'll be screwing your fitness instructor". And the best part is it's on BOTH sides of the relationship!

(04-05-2014, 05:25 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: That plaid suit was straight out of the heyday of screwball comedy. Gary Cooper or James Stewart.

wasn't jim parsons in harvey which was initially james stewart or did i accidently drink too much cooking sherry while making... pancakes.

(04-02-2014, 03:01 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: They can't do that! I need that alcohol to get through the shows. (The drinking game is destroying my savings, not to mention my liver)

The Big Bang Theory ... sponsored in part by Smirnoff Vodka. Official Drink of Charlie Sheen!
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 2 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
Yeah, he was. A whole load of us have called the resemblance from early on, and I guess we weren't the only ones to notice. But it remains to be seen if JP will get any more decent roles offered, or if he's typecast himself as a prancing moron.

As for describing the relationships - I don't think they allow that kind of language on a public forum.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis