23.08%
3 23.08%
3 Dirty Socks
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.19 The Indecision Amalgamation

Don't really understand the promo for this episode. What the hell is the Shenny hug from the 7.1 doing in this? And why the cut from the kiss to Penny's shocked face? Are they trying to make this seem like the decision is between Amy and Penny and not this stupid game system dilemma (which really is just a dumb plot device since a real gamer like Sheldon would've just bought both). It's like they want Shennys to think another hug or intimate moment is going to happen (and by intimate I mean sticking up for each other or having them have a talk that is cute or endearing) so they'll watch.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
We were just discussing this cynical use of Shenny in this promo on the 7.20 thread. The hug has no place in that episode, neither does the shocked expression of Penny. *sigh*

And on that note the caption comp was won by a maine coon whisker, by Space once again.

The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
The writers just try to fill 18 minutes a week. That is what I get watching this show. I wish the tptb had a vision for these characters. I know it's a Lorre sitcom (it's not suppose to be good in other words), but it would be nice to have some clever dialog for the so-called "maturing and growing" adult characters. Dodgy
Another pointless dumb episode.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35
Bernadette is a bitch. Amy patronizes Sheldon. Leonard lies. Wil gets depressed. Penny is confused. Pretty much sums it up. Any inferred deepening of a relationship is delusional. The was not a kiss. That was talking with lips touching.
The following 6 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Toad, Gamma, Nutz, Berliner
And the SIK was laughable and awkward. Poor Sheldon looks as if he's forced to kiss his stinky old great aunt.
First Amy has to remind him to kiss her, then he talks about what gaming box to buy while kissing her.
She really excites him, huh?
They just starting kissing as a "step" in their relationship, and he's already bored of it. Of course we're gonna be told this is just Sheldon being Sheldon, and underneath it all he's all hot over Amy and madly in love.
The following 5 users Like taffinabean's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Trust No One, devilbk, Berliner
The final beginning of the end of Sheldon. This week we got he always made the wrong decision regarding technology and by the end he couldn't make up his mind what to eat for dinner (just one more schedule down the drain). Next up the total breakdown of his professional life, followed by being told he will never achieve anything again until he gives it up to Amy.

The kiss- painful to watch. Lips smashed together, not moving (unless talking about the game system) and completely passionless. I've seen friends kiss each other good bye with more passion then they had.

Wil- God man, I seriously wept for you (I hope the paycheck was worth it)

Some good news from this episode:
My husband and I have an understanding that I don't get to bad mouth the show while it's on. (Since he still likes it) Anyway, He actually paused the show and went what the fuck was that after the kiss. Then after the episode aired and we were laughing hysterically at Lorre's Vanity Card, he said "that was the funniest part of the episode... I think I'm beginning to understand now. (One of us, One of us)Big Grin

The only time I laughed during this episode

Bernie: I like the Wii
Sheldon: Thank you Grandma
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, Gamma, queenoftheDales, FranEssi
The sad thing about this episode is that there isn't too much to say about it. It was filler episode. Besides the built up ACK and decentergration of Sheldon, the episode will be largely forgettable.

The show opens to Sheldon whining about having to pee and Leonard asking Sheldon why he is being stupid. Finally, someone points it out. Why do tptb have Sheldon behaving like this? All the whining is not funny. And to have Leonard point it out is like salt in the wound.

The Ladies hang out and out comes the bad jokes, queue laughter.

Does anyone notice how snarky and impatient Fowler has become? It seems like everyone in this bloated group is beneath her now. She is full of snide remarks about everyone. Please don't tell me its some remarkable character transformation that she went through all of a sudden; Bull . Dodgy
If Sheldon is so annoying to her, why does she put up with it? There is no comedy in nagging and whining. Swing and miss, TPTB.

After the initial ick of the exaggerated kiss, my reaction:
[Image: tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_500.gif] (thanks, RDJ)

Nothing spells romance like talking on someone's face. Dodgy This is kiss #2 and still nothing. Sheldon attacks the cheeseburger at TCHF in S1 with more gusto.

A small reprieve was Wil Wheaton. I chuckled at his lines; sad that they portrayed him as a loser though. I laughed at the Gorilla suit too. (Penny, Penny, Penny...way to settle, btw) Supervillian Wil is still my favorite.

Raj gets yet another opportunity for a romantic interest only to have Lucy show back up...figuratively. We all know it won't be successful; the cast is bloated as it is, but it was nice to not have to hear him bitch about being lonely.

Lenny was minimal and Howard looked as bored as I felt watching this.

Devilbk summed up the episode quite nice.

(04-04-2014, 11:50 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: The only time I laughed during this episode

Bernie: I like the Wii
Sheldon: Thank you Grandma

I laughed at this too Big Grin
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Gamma, Nutz
(04-04-2014, 12:44 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: The sad thing about this episode is that there isn't too much to say about it. It was filler episode. Besides the built up ACK and decentergration of Sheldon, the episode will be largely forgettable.

The show opens to Sheldon whining about having to pee and Leonard asking Sheldon why he is being stupid. Finally, someone points it out. Why do tptb have Sheldon behaving like this? All the whining is not funny. And to have Leonard point it out is like salt in the wound.

The Ladies hang out and out comes the bad jokes, queue laughter.

Does anyone notice how snarky and impatient Fowler has become? It seems like everyone in this bloated group is beneath her now. She is full of snide remarks about everyone. Please don't tell me its some remarkable character transformation that she went through all of a sudden; Bull . Dodgy
If Sheldon is so annoying to her, why does she put up with it? There is no comedy in nagging and whining. Swing and miss, TPTB.

After the initial ick of the overeaggerated kiss, my reaction:
[Image: tumblr_m9bs0icLXf1qajc4eo1_500.gif] (thanks, RDJ)

Nothing spells romance like talking on someone's face. Dodgy This is kiss #2 and still nothing. Sheldon attacks the cheeseburger at TCHF in S1 with more gusto.

A small reprieve was Will Weaton. I chuckled at his lines; sad that they portrayed him as a loser though. I laughed at the Gorilla suit too. (Penny, Penny, Penny...way to settle, btw) Supervillian Wil is still my favorite.

Raj gets yet another opportunity for a romantic interest only to have Lucy show back up...figuratively. We all know it won't be successful, the cast is bloated as it is, but it was nice to not have to hear him bitch about being lonely.

Lenny was minimal and Howard looked as bored as I felt watching this.

Devilbk summed up the episode quite nice.

*applause*

Very VERY well said Queen. It was most definitely a filler episode because everything was so simple and no one was doing anything exciting or new (not that they ever do anyway). For once I agree with Leonard, why IS Sheldon acting like an idiot? He's also complaining about the littlest and most pathetic issues now, there are other more important things he should focus on that doesn't involve urine and feces.

I heard that Amy made a rude comment to both Bernie and Penny. The first was something about a card Bernie was writing and the next was of Penny dying in a car crash. And they're friends with her becaaauuusseee-WHAT?! Cause she has no other friends to hang out with and is Sheldon's GF? First off this episode showed a very good reason as to why she can't make any other friends and second just because she's the GF of her so called best friend doesn't mean it's manditory for Penny to be buddy buddy with her.

I swear Penny must either have a very high tolerance for those who openly insult her or the wine is helping her from getting up and beating Amy's face with her own purse. I'm going with the latter since she didn't do anything when Leonard insulted her about being a drunk during the Valentine's Day episode with a bottle in her hand no less. Again Amy would end up getting bitch slapped or pranked if she were to act that way with others in reality. No normal person would want to associate themselves with that stuck up bitch. Did she whine again over her being frustrated with Sheldon or was it shown during the scene when they were both at the store along with the butter scene? I don't know what that tragic man sees in her if she's always bitching at him to hurry up and choose like a mother would to her son.

I honestly don't care for Raj anymore because nothing good ever happens to him and it will continue to be that way because I doubt that theyll being in another full time character, which some fans are getting annoyed over. That RDJ icon resembles our exact reactions to every single 'romantic' moment between Shamy. Everyone, sans the shAMY's, will forget about this episode by next week.

(04-04-2014, 01:01 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Raj holding penny's hand and the story he told was the most sexually excited I've seen Penny in years. God it's really sad when I think Raj would be a better boyfriend

Leonard doesn't do anything for Penny, I don't see how he excites her in anyway. He better watch out if Raj is doing the job for him. Wouldn't it be crazy of they had Penny and Raj end up together instead? LOL I'd love to see the look on Leonard's face if they ever made that happen. If things don't work out with Emily or Lucy and another Lenny break up occurs then I could see it happen. What'd he tell her anyway?

(04-04-2014, 11:50 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: The final beginning of the end of Sheldon. This week we got he always made the wrong decision regarding technology and by the end he couldn't make up his mind what to eat for dinner (just one more schedule down the drain). Next up the total breakdown of his professional life, followed by being told he will never achieve anything again until he gives it up to Amy.

The kiss- painful to watch. Lips smashed together, not moving (unless talking about the game system) and completely passionless. I've seen friends kiss each other good bye with more passion then they had.

Wil- God man, I seriously wept for you (was the paycheck worth the embarrassment)

The physics 'solution' to Sheldon's career crises makes very little sense, was offensive given who he is IMO, and was of NO help at all, it's no wonder he flew off in anger. The original Sheldon would've not only left the shop angry but also would've cancelled the relationship agreement with Amy for good and never look back. More OOC traits to add to the list from this episode.

I obviously haven't watched the episode but even by the way others here have described it the kiss sounded bland. I've seen some pretty powerful on-screen kisses before and they don't compare at all to the Shamy 'kisses' that show awkwardly smashed lips staying in the same place. I doubt they'll ever make it to French kissing and I wonder if the next kisses will have to be commanded by Amy or manipulated out of Sheldon yet again. Talking while in the middle of a kiss not only kills the mood but it's pretty damn rude. And I hear that Sheldon's expression looked as if he was sucking on a lemon? Seriously now?! He sounded more interested on the XBOX and PS4 than Amy. Did she look a bit upset? I know I would've been but she's just SO desperate for any type of contact with Sheldon that it probably didn't matter.
The following 2 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales, taffinabean
I thought the girls scene had potential. Bernie's story was amusing (in a horrifying way) since you could see it happening to someone. But the way they had Penny and Amy respond just made what could have been a great scene ....well MorlockSockMorlockSock

It's funny that Sheldon has no problem telling Penny that she's not taking his concerns seriously or has hurt him, (which of course has her apologizing and making it up to him) but When it comes to Amy, nothing, nada, zip.

PLEASE PASS THE BUTTER! (Just Horrifying)
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
(04-04-2014, 01:19 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I thought the girls scene had potential. Bernie's story was amusing (in a horrifying way) since you could see it happening to someone. But the way they had Penny and Amy respond just made what could have been a great scene ....well MorlockSockMorlockSock

It was amusing because you don't expect that from Bernadette. The "hope you die in a car crash, LOL, Right?" from Fowler murdered the scene. they were so close to having a good scene outta that. tsk tsk
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35