It's official - 3 more seasons
Judging by some of the grumbing on Tumblr, FB and so forth, the announcement of 3 more season isn't exactly great news. Most want this season to be the end. It seems like Big Bang may be wearing out its welcome (thank god). I wonder what else these writers can come up with in terms of any type of storyline...Bet tptb are going to be wishing they saved the shark jumping for now. I guarantee, if and when marriage and babies get introduced, whatever fans the show had that are not Lenny and shamy fans, will dry up.

Maybe, just maybe, season 8-9 ratings will go off a damn cliff and to save their asses from being cancelled late in the game, tptb bring back some of the vintage season themes. I expect for there to be some timeslot jumping too.

Good luck TBBT, you are going to need it. Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-13-2014, 05:38 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Judging by some of the grumbing on Tumblr, FB and so forth, the announcement of 3 more season isn't exactly great news. Most want this season to be the end. It seems like Big Bang is wearing out its welcome (thank god). I wonder what else these writers can come up with in terms of any type of storyline...Bet tptb are going to be wishing they saved the shark jumping for now. I guarantee, if and when marriage and babies get introduced, whatever fans the show had that are not Lenny and shamy fans, will dry up.

Maybe, just maybe, season 8-9 ratings will go off a damn cliff and to save their asses from being cancelled late in the game, tptb bring back some of the vintage season themes. I expect for there to be some timeslot jumping too.

Good luck TBBT, you are going to need it. Dodgy

Well that is interesting. Move over Qers may need more places on the bench. There is probably a contingent of the canons who worry about their ship surviving another 3 years and they have cause too. The shows almost dry as a bone as it is.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
TBBT never seems to be in a timeslot I can watch live. So I have always watched it well after it aired. This will probably be similar a situation for me like when X-files jumped the shark. Where I say I watch the show but I actually just read recaps to keep abreast canon and enjoy the fanfic instead. Love the World, hate the episodes.
The following 2 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35
(03-13-2014, 01:45 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Isn't that a little like putting the cart before the horse? I haven't heard anything yet that the big three have signed a new contract (or did I miss it). CBS is going to be very sorry they did this if someone (especially Jim) decides they've had enough of this show.

I was just talking with my coworker about that last night. After I finished rant #2,629 about yesterdays news of the seasons extension, she brought up that the trio hasn't finished negotiating. Of course, she couldn't find the article where she read it (she says some link on FB), so I'm not 100% on whats going on about that. Confused
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-14-2014, 12:23 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I was just talking with my coworker about that last night. After I finished rant #2,629 about yesterdays news of the seasons extension, she brought up that the trio hasn't finished negotiating. Of course, she couldn't find the article where she read it (she says some link on FB), so I'm not 100% on whats going on about that. Confused

The trio are still negotiating. As a trio. With Warner Bros. TV.

When shows get into trouble they can do a number of things. One is to add new blood. However, with the cast fairly bloated as is, that's unlikely. Another thing is to cut cast and go back to basics. Since I believe MB and MR are already under contract and those contracts expire next year, they would be the likely victims to be either cut entirely or cut back. An entirely financial decision. If the show gets into trouble. They could also attempt to spin off Howardette.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-14-2014, 01:12 AM)devilbk Wrote: The trio are still negotiating. As a trio. With Warner Bros. TV.

When shows get into trouble they can do a number of things. One is to add new blood. However, with the cast fairly bloated as is, that's unlikely. Another thing is to cut cast and go back to basics. Since I believe MB and MR are already under contract and those contracts expire next year, they would be the likely victims to be either cut entirely or cut back. An entirely financial decision. If the show gets into trouble. They could also attempt to spin off Howardette.

Unfortunately the show isn't in trouble, at least ratings-wise. And ratings is all that matters to tptb..
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35
I'm pretty sure a Howardette spin off would bomb in the first week. Few people would be interested but if they had the courage to put Howard and Raj together. This might have been a possible spin off idea. The first ever gay couple sitcom? If done well it could work. It's a shame this show thinks inside a ever decreasing box.
(03-14-2014, 02:06 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I'm pretty sure a Howardette spin off would bomb in the first week. Few people would be interested but if they had the courage to put Howard and Raj together. This might have been a possible spin off idea. The first ever gay couple sitcom? If done well it could work. It's a shame this show thinks inside a ever decreasing box.

Count me out for a Howardette spin off. I think they a lousy couple now and I cannot see their own show helping.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
Eh. *shrugs* We could set up a bet on which particular 'Friends' plot they aim to recycle next. And after that, 'The Honeymooners' and 'I Love Lucy'. I think the scripts are already assembled by some kind of sitcom cliche randomiser. Or possibly a bunch of monkeys with typewriters. Eventually, you might get Shakespeare, but until then... keep flinging the poop, guys.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • lewstonewar, Jislane35
(03-14-2014, 03:54 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Eh. *shrugs* We could set up a bet on which particular 'Friends' plot they aim to recycle next. And after that, 'The Honeymooners' and 'I Love Lucy'. I think the scripts are already assembled by some kind of sitcom cliche randomiser. Or possibly a bunch of monkeys with typewriters. Eventually, you might get Shakespeare, but until then... keep flinging the poop, guys.

It used to be that the scripts were written to fit the characters. Now the characters are changed to fit the scripts. It's just a cookie-cutter romcom now. What happened to the four brilliant scientists who were socially inept? Now they're just four buffoons with relationship problems. They could just as well be stockboys at Walmart. Science is rarely mentioned anymore. Where did the intelligent, clever, witty dialogue go? How long before Cousin Oliver shows up? The show is just shell of its former self. Except of course to the giddy fangirls who it caters to now.
The following 4 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, FranEssi, spuffyfan