It's official - 3 more seasons
We have the word HQers, The Big Bang Theory will be with us three more years.

http://tvline.com/2014/03/12/big-bang-th...season-10/
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One
(03-13-2014, 12:30 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: We have the word HQers, The Big Bang Theory will be with us three more years.

At least.
(03-13-2014, 12:30 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: We have the word HQers, The Big Bang Theory will be with us three more years.

If it means 3 more years of hanging out with my Shenny HQ friends than fine. Smile
The following 6 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Wisp, Berliner, Jomi25
Isn't that a little like putting the cart before the horse? I haven't heard anything yet that the big three have signed a new contract (or did I miss it). CBS is going to be very sorry they did this if someone (especially Jim) decides they've had enough of this show.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi, Jomi25
(03-13-2014, 01:45 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Isn't that a little like putting the cart before the horse? I haven't heard anything yet that the big three have signed a new contract (or did I miss it). CBS is going to be very sorry they did this if someone (especially Jim) decides they've had enough of this show.

They could always change the big three characters into something almost unrecognizable........wait, they already did that to two of them.
The following 7 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Wisp, Berliner, Jomi25
They could replace Jim with any standard Sitcom actor with the way they've been writing Sheldon for the past three years...he's not doing anything extraordinary with the role...How could he, when the role itself has been normalised? What "quirks" remain of the original Sheldon have been exaggerated into caricature, which even Parsons can't make believable.

Jim combined with the writing for Vintage Sheldon was a damn near alchemical interaction, producing as close to televisual gold as we're ever likely to see.

It was an extraordinary performance, and now we have to watch three more years of its parody.

Or rather, we don't have to watch, as we've been discussing....It all causes too much heartache...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Wisp, Nutz
Good grief...I keep brooding over this news...

Personally there's not a Snowball's chance in a CAT Scanner that I'll be able to hack three more years if it's going to continue in the same relationship-heavy vein. If they were relationships that I could either believe in or found endearing in some way, then sure, perhaps I could learn to tolerate it. But they're not. They're terrible, tawdry, guilt-based, needy and manipulative relationships, artificially structured to fit a seasonal time-frame.
Anyroad, even in "real life" I do not wish to hear about my dear friends' relationship troubles constantly, nor be inflicted with a couple when I wish to talk to an INDIVIDUAL. This is what watching the show is like now, instead of spending time in the company of a group of charming independents, we are forced to witness the dirty-laundry of THREE separate groups of marital arguments/lovey-doveyness, with NO RESPITE and at the cost of the individual characters' nature and integrity.

I am not interested in "Sheldon the Boyfriend Goes Shopping With His Girlfriend". I am interested in Sheldon the unique and detached Observer of Mankind navigating his way alone through an alien landscape, in pursuit of the mysteries of the universe. Which is essentially what the first 3 seasons were for me. I did not buy into his current, wildly different persona, which directly contradicts his previous self, and makes that character look like a hypocrite. It's a classic bait and switch though, because having watched all of the first 4 seasons obsessively on DVD, before being aware of what was happening in Season 5, I feel I have been hooked into something I can not now escape from, even though I desperately wish to. They have no right to create a very specific character like Sheldon, wait till people are emotionally or intellectually attached to him, then change him utterly with no warning. And BAM! here's an utterly unlikeable Girlfriend for him as well. And fuck you asexuals, intentional singletons, and people who value intellect above all, who felt they'd found a Representative. Because NO ONE'S COMPLETE WITHOUT A PARTNER.

So infuriating...

Space's caption is obviously applicable here as well....

[Image: 11078_900.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, FranEssi, SpaceAnJL, Wisp, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingMonkey, Berliner, Jomi25
I can't even stand the trailers let alone three more seasons and I can't get my head around how Jim is okay with producing this trash. Its all for fame and money and I hoped he was better than that. The guys a total disappointment.

Sheldon is gone. He has been dismantled to make way for Amy and I don't think I have ever despised a fictional character more. She's destroyed the best character on television. It's a travesty and no one in the TV media has the integrity to come out and say it. The show is already limping to the finish line and three more years will obliterate it completely. No self respecting cult TV fan watches it anymore as it is. There's no jokes left in these writers and they have slaughtered their golden goose. I just wish the show would die!
The following 5 users Like Moonbase's post:
  • Jislane35, SpaceAnJL, queenoftheDales, FlyingMonkey, Berliner

OH, FUCK OFF. (Not you, Pajamas.) Are these actors masochists or something? Should I remove my Sheldon poster, or keep it up, as a reminder of a once delightful character? (Dammit Jim, your eyes are too pretty to roll into a tube and put under my bed...)

(03-13-2014, 12:53 AM)ses1515 Wrote: If it means 3 more years of hanging out with my Shenny HQ friends than fine. Smile

That's what I'm using to cope with this news.

Time to watch Community...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
(03-13-2014, 05:00 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: OH, FUCK OFF. (Not you, Pajamas.) Are these actors masochists or something? Should I remove my Sheldon poster, or keep it up, as a reminder of a once delightful character? (Dammit Jim, your eyes are too pretty to roll into a tube and put under my bed...)

The cheek! Tongue I don't know how to feel about three more years. I know in my heart it means Shamy becoming the focus and every horrifying thing that entails but we also have a chance to make our case AGAINST it. In whatever small way we can.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp, Jislane35