Jim News
Just 7 days away from this animated release with voiceovers from Jim and Christine Baranski.

The usually 'sweet as pie' Jim Parsons, flipped off an audience member at the latest taping (11.08).

[Image: finger.gif.123538891cd02dd8936c274194eb4dac.gif]
Jim Parsons and Claire Danes on the set of Jim's new film, A kid like Jake. Jim plays the husband of Alex Wheeler, [Danes], he also produces this movie.

Release date is sometime in 2018. 

[Image: 41B1C84E00000578-4635910-Happy_family_Cl...854014.jpg]
[Image: 41B1C88A00000578-4635910-Trio_The_onscre...853283.jpg]
[Image: 41B1C8AA00000578-4635910-Encouraging_par...853409.jpg]
Jim being suave and gorgeous.

[Image: tumblr_pchgz6Wip41w4tij6o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_pchgz6Wip41w4tij6o5_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_pchgz6Wip41w4tij6o7_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_pchgz6Wip41w4tij6o8_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_pchgz6Wip41w4tij6o3_1280.jpg]
Why Jim Parsons was ready to leave The Big Bang Theory
Entertainment Weekly: Lynette Rice

[Image: 2h5pd9u.jpg][Image: r8vvy8.jpg] 
Parting will be sweet sorrow for Jim Parsons, but a guy can only play Dr. Sheldon Cooper for so long on The Big Bang Theory.

CBS and Warner Bros. TV made the decision to end The Big Bang Theory in 2019 because star Parsons was ready to walk away. Since there is no show without Sheldon, this spring’s 12th season finale of TBBT will mark the end of the longest-running multi-camera series in TV history.

For EW’s latest cover story, we asked Parsons why he was ready to bid farewell to the show that made him a household name.

“It’s both as complex and as simple as just feeling innately that it was time. It speaks to a lot of things, none of them bad. There is no negative reason to stop doing Big Bang. It felt like we have been able to do this for so many years now, it doesn’t feel like there is anything left on the table. Not that we couldn’t keep doing it, but it feels like we’ve chewed all the meat off this bone. I guess at a personal level, it feels like the right time in my life. I don’t know what’s next for me. It’s not like there is something specific I am aiming for. I’m firmly in my middle age now. I don’t know how much longer I can wear [the T-shirts] without looking really long in the tooth. In a way, it’s exciting. What is this next chapter of life? What is this next chapter for all of us? It will be very, very sad when it does end, even knowing [I am] okay with it. People are okay when they graduate but there are frequently tears at graduation. It’s hard to say goodbye to people that you have worked with for so long.”
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(01-04-2019, 06:29 AM)Nutz Wrote: Why Jim Parsons was ready to leave The Big Bang Theory
Entertainment Weekly: Lynette Rice

[Image: 2h5pd9u.jpg][Image: r8vvy8.jpg] 
Parting will be sweet sorrow for Jim Parsons, but a guy can only play Dr. Sheldon Cooper for so long on The Big Bang Theory.

CBS and Warner Bros. TV made the decision to end The Big Bang Theory in 2019 because star Parsons was ready to walk away. Since there is no show without Sheldon, this spring’s 12th season finale of TBBT will mark the end of the longest-running multi-camera series in TV history.

For EW’s latest cover story, we asked Parsons why he was ready to bid farewell to the show that made him a household name.

“It’s both as complex and as simple as just feeling innately that it was time. It speaks to a lot of things, none of them bad. There is no negative reason to stop doing Big Bang. It felt like we have been able to do this for so many years now, it doesn’t feel like there is anything left on the table. Not that we couldn’t keep doing it, but it feels like we’ve chewed all the meat off this bone. I guess at a personal level, it feels like the right time in my life. I don’t know what’s next for me. It’s not like there is something specific I am aiming for. I’m firmly in my middle age now. I don’t know how much longer I can wear [the T-shirts] without looking really long in the tooth. In a way, it’s exciting. What is this next chapter of life? What is this next chapter for all of us? It will be very, very sad when it does end, even knowing [I am] okay with it. People are okay when they graduate but there are frequently tears at graduation. It’s hard to say goodbye to people that you have worked with for so long.”

I like the image - so shenny!

And yes, we have Jim Parsons to thank. I'm glad the show is ending, I want it over, and I couldn't agree more that it was done. The canon on BB will always suck and send the wrong message about reward/wish fulfilment/manipulation. I don't think they had the skill to make Shenny work.
(01-04-2019, 08:53 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: And yes, we have Jim Parsons to thank.

I'm just so glad that Parsons recognized that they're /all/ getting older and that "TV Magic" and makeup can only go so far before they look really out of place. And that he finally realized they were more or less treading water episode/material wise. That said, I also wish he'd realized this a /lot/ earlier, because it could've saved us from all the Shamy and some of the later Lenny b.s. that kept occuring. It's a shame the show never went anywhere other than peddling Lenny over and over because it had potential, even IF Shenny was never a thing. It's died years ago in my heart, but at the same time, I will mourn all the same when it's done. Because, it really /really/ could've been great.
The following 2 users Like Nostalgia's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz
(01-22-2019, 11:27 AM)Nostalgia Wrote: I'm just so glad that Parsons recognized that they're /all/ getting older and that "TV Magic" and makeup can only go so far before they look really out of place. And that he finally realized they were more or less treading water episode/material wise. That said, I also wish he'd realized this a /lot/ earlier, because it could've saved us from all the Shamy and some of the later Lenny b.s. that kept occuring. It's a shame the show never went anywhere other than peddling Lenny over and over because it had potential, even IF Shenny was never a thing. It's died years ago in my heart, but at the same time, I will mourn all the same when it's done. Because, it really /really/ could've been great.

Such a great post. I mourn the show already. Never been affected by a show as I was by early BBT. Sheldon just woke something in me, the attraction to intellect without guile. Leonard never had a thing I wanted. But they threw it away for money and longevity. As artists, they have to know it was a commercial decision. Jim Parsons/Kaley Cuoco combo were pure magic and may not happen on TV again for a very long time, they could have been a real modern classic. They kind of were, before they hung Sheldon out to dry. I'll never forget that it was Moralo, the absolute Leonardite who took the biggest stab at Sheldon with Monopolar and then led to the years of mocking, sometimes subtly but always with a view to keep the character away from Lenny. Sheldon was supposed to make Leonard look good but nothing could really do that once Sheldon was in frame. Not trying to win Penny, yet being the only one to treat her with honestly. Stuff them I say.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz
This show ending because Jim had enough basically tells me Jim could have gotten the Shenny if he really wanted it. Such a missed opportunity for the show and for Jim and Kaley to really show something.
(01-23-2019, 11:21 AM)Trust No One Wrote: This show ending because Jim had enough basically tells me Jim could have gotten the Shenny if he really wanted it. Such a missed opportunity for the show and for Jim and Kaley to really show something.

I just can't see Jim fronting up to Lorre & Prady and saying "I want Sheldon to get the girl". The cast are friends and Johnny was the first one Lorre got in. He was offered Sheldon's role but turned it down, saying he wanted to play the main romantic interest and get the girl. Jim just doesn't seem like the type of person to go to the boss and try to take it from him. It would have to be a creative from TPTB. Or it would create really bad feelings between the cast.