External Email Blasts
I think most of the comments are making her case. These people identify way to much with fictional characters. Kaley is NOT "the hot prize" Penny, Johnny is NOT "the good guy, underdog nerd" They are NOT the characters they play. So they dated, big deal so do a lot of actors who find themselves on a set 12-14 hours a day. It's called transference and it rarely ends in "happily ever after" once the actors themselves realize the other person is not the character they are playing. Kaley and Johnny finally realized after two years of secretly dating (which meant no public displays or interaction) that in real life Johnny didn't want to be out at a tennis matches, riding horses, or taking care of dogs, and Kaley realized she wasn't into Johnnys pastimes either. All they had was on the set. So they ended it. Period. Are they friends? Of course, but only after this show is over will we know for sure if this a friendship out of convenience (again long days on the set) or a real friendship that last beyond them getting together for dinner the night before some award or BBT thing.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Kimk26
(10-17-2015, 08:10 AM)Nutz Wrote: I think most of the comments are making her case. These people identify way to much with fictional characters. Kaley is NOT "the hot prize" Penny, Johnny is NOT "the good guy, underdog nerd" They are NOT the characters they play. So they dated, big deal so do a lot of actors who find themselves on a set 12-14 hours a day. It's called transference and it rarely ends in "happily ever after" once the actors themselves realize the other person is not the character they are playing. Kaley and Johnny finally realized after two years of secretly dating (which meant no public displays or interaction) that in real life Johnny didn't want to be out at a tennis matches, riding horses, or taking care of dogs, and Kaley realized she wasn't into Johnnys pastimes either. All they had was on the set. So they ended it. Period. Are they friends? Of course, but only after this show is over will we know for sure if this a friendship out of convenience (again long days on the set) or a real friendship that last beyond them getting together for dinner the night before some award or BBT thing.

I get that they work long hours together, but they seem a little too close outside of this show. I can easily understand people thinking they might be back together. I still think KC and JG personal relationship whatever it is has affected this show. They are both biased against anything not the Lenny for their characters.
Most of the photos of them together outside the show have been PR pics including this fist bumping nonsense. Nobody was squealing about the pics of Jim and Kaley at various tennis or other events. Only the Lenny's see romance in Kaley/Johnny pics and only Shamy's see romance in Jim/Mayim pics "look, they're out together outside of the set" "that MUST mean they WUV each other. (BTW, those pics of Kaley and Johnny were taken at the studio)

As for coming out to the audience and thanking them for loving Lenny, all I can say as a person who has gone to 19 live tapings for this show (until mid season 5) they NEVER used to do this. I have a feeling them begging the audience to not give up and thanking them comes more from fear that they were getting less lines, things to do on the show.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26, Toad, devilbk
(10-17-2015, 08:37 AM)Nutz Wrote: As for coming out to the audience and thanking them for loving Lenny, all I can say as a person who has gone to 19 live tapings for this show (until mid season 5) they NEVER used to do this. I have a feeling them begging the audience to not give up and thanking them comes more from fear that they were getting less lines, things to do on the show.

Very interesting Nutz and I also think its very likely the cast have told to play ball on couple-promotion. Although I will say J and K seem to genuinely be friends outside of work.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
Particularly like this part:

"Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting was in a relationship with her colleague quite a number of years ago, and says now they are just co-workers and friends, and we should take her at her word on that. She married another man less than two years ago with, one must presume, all of the hope for a bright and long future together, and now, because she’s the kind of celebrity who commands $1 million per episode of her long-running network sitcom, she has to plaster on a good-sport smile and sit for a stupid Instagram shoot with her ex-boyfriend, in between mourning the end of her marriage and taking care of the endless pain in the ass details, personal and financial, that come with a divorce, not to mention going to work every day like the professional she is."

"The romantic lives of Penny and Leonard belong to the fans, but the private lives of Kaley and Johnny — not to mention Ryan, who presumably is a real human person, too — only belong to themselves. It shouldn’t matter if one of Cuoco’s exes plays the role of a desperate nerd on TV and the other plays the role of the confident alpha male on the court — her divorce isn’t a bonus reel, and it shouldn’t be an opportunity for overzealous fans to project a bunch of their own emotional baggage (still not over Andie ditching Duckie for Blaine, are we?) onto perfect strangers. The Nice Guy™ we’ve imagined Johnny Galecki to be (poor guy!) isn’t inherently more deserving than the professional tennis player is, and a woman — even a beautiful, accomplished, talented, wealthy woman like Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting — is a human being, not a prize to be won."
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, devilbk, Kimk26
(10-17-2015, 02:53 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Very interesting Nutz and I also think its very likely the cast have told to play ball on couple-promotion. Although I will say J and K seem to genuinely be friends outside of work.

In the first couple of seasons, I thought Jim and Kaley were too by the pics. But now, we hardly see anything about them having any contact outside of work, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Face it, a picture from the press with a known gay man and a girl means nothing, however, ANY picture for ANY reason with Kaley and Johnny are NEWS "Are they getting back together" $$ "Have they been having an affair" $$ "Is there more then just Friendship between them" $$ "Big Bang real Romance" $$ There is Big money to be made from these pics. I'm not saying they aren't "real" friends, just I wonder how the friendship will hold up (in the long term) once they move on from the show.

I'm sure there is a big part of them "playing ball" none of the actors have shown much backbone. Otherwise Kaley/Jim and even Johnny would have put their foot down. Seriously, Johnny read that they had his character not supporting Penny, that he was showing naked pictures of the girl he supposedly loves, and then cheating on Penny (during the same time) and not once did Johnny go "My character wouldn't do that". I think at first there was a part that realized they needed the public to want them together, and see more scenes from them. Now I believe they know their "story" is over. Things didn't go as planned. The Wedding was a bust (even by the Lenny's standards) Half of the ShAmy's and all Shenny's can't stand them and even the General Public seems to be ambivalent about Penny/Leonard as a married couple. I think they know they need to fight for every bit of audience goodwill now hoping it will translate into the writers giving them more than reactionary scenes since they will spend most of their time writing Sheldon/Amy and Raj/Emily "romance/fight/make up/will they wont they" scenes.
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Toad, Kimk26, devilbk
(10-17-2015, 03:48 PM)Nutz Wrote: In the first couple of seasons, I thought Jim and Kaley were too by the pics. But now, we hardly see anything about them having any contact outside of work, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Face it, a picture from the press with a known gay man and a girl means nothing, however, ANY picture for ANY reason with Kaley and Johnny are NEWS "Are they getting back together" $$ "Have they been having an affair" $$ "Is there more then just Friendship between them" $$ "Big Bang real Romance" $$ There is Big money to be made from these pics. I'm not saying they aren't "real" friends, just I wonder how the friendship will hold up (in the long term) once they move on from the show.

I'm sure there is a big part of them "playing ball" none of the actors have shown much backbone. Otherwise Kaley/Jim and even Johnny would have put their foot down. Seriously, Johnny read that they had his character not supporting Penny, that he was showing naked pictures of the girl he supposedly loves, and then cheating on Penny (during the same time) and not once did Johnny go "My character wouldn't do that". I think at first there was a part that realized they needed the public to want them together, and see more scenes from them. Now I believe they know their "story" is over. Things didn't go as planned. The Wedding was a bust (even by the Lenny's standards) Half of the ShAmy's and all Shenny's can't stand them and even the General Public seems to be ambivalent about Penny/Leonard as a married couple. I think they know they need to fight for every bit of audience goodwill now hoping it will translate into the writers giving them more than reactionary scenes since they will spend most of their time writing Sheldon/Amy and Raj/Emily "romance/fight/make up/will they wont they" scenes.
I remember the early season cons and I thought Jim and Kaley seemed like a couple. I was probably not the only one. I'm sure this really helped to drive the Shenny. Johnny was an afterthought at these cons when Jim and Kaley turned on the charm. 

You make great points Nutz. Pictures of Johnny and Kaley would be big since they dated and everything that happened with Kaley's marriage. TPTB probably did tell them to play ball, but I think Kaley and Johnny really enjoy playing up the Lenny and KC and JG friendship. KC and JG can come out together to the crowd after tapings and it will not help much. The Lenny is married now and like the Howardette they have nowhere interesting to go. Huge mistake marrying off the Lenny.  TPTB were better off breaking up the Lenny. You have the Lenny and Shamy broken up and it opens all sort of great possibilities with the show. The show blew a great chance to breath new life back into the show.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Kimk26
Kind of interesting them "enjoying" playing up the Lenny when they look so painfully uncomfortable together during most of their scenes, especially the kissing ones. To me they always look like Johnny's trying to take out her tonsils with his tongue, and Kaley's looking like she's trying to leave room for God between them.
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26
The actors are comfortable with each other but the onscreen visuals aren’t. Kaley always needs to either slink down or slouch, otherwise she’s too tall. It’s all about the shape of their bodies and it looks weird because she has to make a lot of effort to get into the space, if you know what I mean. Also, Kaley kisses very well but all Johnny does it suck his cheek in and pucker really hard. Which looks a bit strange as well. There’s just something not ‘there’ in a Lenny kiss. I think it’s Jim… Wink especially after seeing Kaley and Jim kiss, the way they move is so fluid. Jim can deliver a kiss and so can Kaley, so even though it was overplayed for comedy it visually looked great.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
(10-18-2015, 02:09 AM)Nutz Wrote: Kind of interesting them "enjoying" playing up the Lenny when they look so painfully uncomfortable together during most of their scenes, especially the kissing ones. To me they always look like Johnny's trying to take out her tonsils with his tongue, and Kaley's looking like she's trying to leave room for God between them.
"Leave enough room for the Holy Spirit"..   Wink
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer