Young Sheldon Eps 1-4
I really enjoy the lightness of it, with hints to more in depth issues. I'm glad the second season is here, I was just starting to ration myself.

Someone mentioned it was like The Wonder Years, which I checked out, and maybe that show is a favourite of Lorre, Molaro,etc. I like the way modern comedies reference a sort of cultural flow.

I like the way YS depicts the family. A group of quite different people who obviously love each other despite their differences. Meewaw comes across as a mischievous character, who seems to side with who ever, just for the sake of her own entertainment. Of course older Sheldon's recollections would be biased(or not complete). I'm slightly amazed that Sheldon was popular enough(generally) as a character to prompt this prequel. So in another perspective, maybe YS is the true story of Sheldon's early life. I think his father does the best he can, considering he's a football coach, who rode a Harley. But Mary dominates the family, backed up by god.

That ep 1.15 you mention slightly bugs me. Sheldon is 'babied' by Mary. Which bring him benefits, but also concerns him. I thought Libby was introduced to examine race issue(George and Georgie's conversation, when George is spying on Libby and Sheldon). What bugged me was that Libby was just trying to prove she was responsible, and the words 'baby sit', was unfortunate and ruined the friendship.

We do seem to over analyse these shows(and I'm just as bad!). When I watch them I just enjoy them for what they are, but my mind starts clicking afterwards. They must be having lots of fun making them. It's like a comedy factory down there(and a new role for Jim as coach and producer). I wonder how far they will take young Sheldon, maybe all the way until he leaves for Pasadena, and joins his new family where Penny becomes the female in his life. Actually I preferred Penny's 'soft kitty', to Mary's in YS.

Messages In This Thread
Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 08-31-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-07-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 09-08-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 09-26-2018, 09:53 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-26-2018, 11:32 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 10-03-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nostalgia - 10-04-2018, 04:43 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-23-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-23-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 03-29-2019, 05:35 AM