Shenny's Cognitive Theory of Dreaming!
I'd like to start a thread on dreams we've had that involve characters from the show. Specifically Sheldon and/or Penny (though other character appearances are always welcome!) Sheldon might dismiss it all as hokum, but according to behavioral psychologist Calvin Hall (1909-1985), who drew worldwide attention for his cognitive theory of dreaming--which was among the first scientific theories of dream interpretation based on quantitative analysis..rather than wishful thinking--dreams are like maps to our actions, and "with these maps we are able to follow the course of man's behavior, to understand why he selects one road rather than another, to anticipate the difficulties and obstacles he will encounter, and to predict his destinations."

The idea for this thread came to me as I've recently recalled a therapy session from about a year ago, in which I described a dream I had to my therapist (yes, I have a therapist. I'm a writer, aren't I?)--God bless her--took it seriously enough to interpret. Even after I mentioned that tv characters seemed to help me solve my plight! 

So, yeah, I'll tell you guys that story. Feel free to offer any analysis of your own (if you're into that kind of thing). And maybe some of you have had the BBT characters make appearances in your own dreams. Could be interesting!
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 1 user Likes Kimk26's post:
  • Toad

Messages In This Thread
Shenny's Cognitive Theory of Dreaming! - by Kimk26 - 10-20-2015, 12:35 PM