Poll: Redeeming (even vaguely) Season 7 Eps.
This poll is closed.
Hofstadter
15.85%
13 15.85%
Deception
7.32%
6 7.32%
Scavenger
19.51%
16 19.51%
Raiders
2.44%
2 2.44%
Workplace
0%
0 0%
Romance
0%
0 0%
Proton
1.22%
1 1.22%
Itchy
8.54%
7 8.54%
Thanksgiving
2.44%
2 2.44%
Discovery
2.44%
2 2.44%
Cooper
4.88%
4 4.88%
Hesitation
3.66%
3 3.66%
Occupation
10.98%
9 10.98%
Convention
14.63%
12 14.63%
Locomotive
0%
0 0%
Table
0%
0 0%
Friendship
1.22%
1 1.22%
Mommy
4.88%
4 4.88%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Season 7 Redemption - (Episode Poll)
Like Shawshank Redemption, but instead of ingratiating yourself with the warden and instigating a cannily orchestrated money laundering operation spanning 19 years, swimming through half a mile of sewage, and being narrated by Morgan Freeman, you just have to click some episodes you thought were reasonable…So nothing like Shawshank Redemption actually. Just pick some goddamn episodes.

I realise that for most of us this is like picking which shards are prettiest out of the bottle which was just smashed over our sconce, but let’s give it a shot regardless.

For example, some of the ones I rather liked I know are quite unpopular, even around here, so it’d be interesting if there turned out to be some sort of HQ consensus, despite these personal discrepancies.

I’m going for;

Hofstadter
Scavenger
Discovery
Occupation
Convention (despite balloon-animal Sheldon)

I’d also like to give an honourable mention to Itchy Brain, which EVERYONE seems to dislike. I thought it was rather surreal and black-humoured…

Anyroad.

You will note there are only 15 options on the Poll by default. I hope you won’t all mind, but I’ve taken the liberty of removing three episodes that I’m sure will be bitterly missed. Namely; Locomotive, Romance and Table. Because they were so wildly popular here that I feared they might overshadow all the rest. Leonard’s sarcasm sign isn’t really necessary here is it…

And yes the season’s not over yet. But I wanted to make a Poll. Pajamas makes it look so easy, dammit...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
Err, that was me with the 15 limits, I've upped it.
(03-15-2014, 08:48 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Err, that was me with the 15 limits, I've upped it.

But I still don't want to add them....

ACH! Alright, how do I add the extraneous episodes...that no-one will vote for...but the cricket on my shoulder is demanding I add. Pajamas, hand me that rolled up newspaper...
Add em', don't add em'...it's your call. As you wrote no ones ganna vote for them anyway.

You can edit you polls, there's a link under the percentage total. You could just add the new episodes as they arrive.
RIGHT!
Thanks to the techno-wizardry of Pajamas, we now have a fully functioning POLL.
And yes that sounds incredibly dodgy.

Please undo and REDO your votes, ye who have previously voted, for the totals have been scratched.

This has been an imbecilic broadcast...Thank you.
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Trust No One
(03-15-2014, 09:49 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: RIGHT!
Thanks to the techno-wizardry of Pajamas, we now have a fully functioning POLL.
And yes that sounds incredibly dodgy.

Please undo and REDO your votes, ye who have previously voted, for the totals have been scratched.

This has been an imbecilic broadcast...Thank you.

This will be a tough vote. I will do my best MG and Pajamas. Great job. Smile
VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE, FOLKS.
Let's see what deviant variations emerge....
I think what might be a troubling sign as to my view of the current season is my inability to remember what a lot of the episodes were about. Considering how well I know the first four seasons and even some of the fifth (ick) this absolute void really speaks volumes to me. I mean I WATCHED them for goodness sake and yet it's like I've been mind-wiped. Perhaps it's a defense mechanism....
Let's go exploring!
The following 5 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Gamma, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant
I "defence-wiped" all of Season 5 because of how Jim was playing Sheldon. Whenever my consciousness skirts close to that portion of my brain, all it encounters is something akin to The Nothing from The Neverending Story.
Season 6 I didn't have to bother defence-wiping because it was largely so unmemorable to me that it left no impression to begin with.
Most of the episodes anyway. I remember distinctly The 43 Peculiarity, Monster Isolation and a few others (although disturbingly I can't remember them NOW...that could just be early senility though...about 50 years too early...)

Season 7 began so excellently that I paid a hell of a lot of attention. The first three, particularly Scavenger Vortex, seemed right out of the old seasons. And Vintage Sheldon was back.
THEN, mother of god, we had three relationship-bollocks ones, and a humiliate Sheldon one, to remind us of the direction chosen. Then the polarising Itchy Brain episode, then "Sheldon Smack-Ass Cooper and the Casual Redneckism".....so it's been an odd season so far.

If I was feeling niminy-piminy, which I am, the list of favourite seasons would go;

2,3,1,4,7,6,[howling wind]
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
As wellplayedpenny said, is it sad that I have to look up the episodes some of the episodes this season because I honestly cannot remember them outside of the “Favorite Four” (i.e Hofstadter Insufficiency, Scavenger, Occupation & Convention Conundrum).

But outside of those I chose: The Deception Verification, The Raiders Minimization, and The Discovery Dissipation.

Honorable Mention: Proton Displacement, Thanksgiving Simulation, and Friendship Turbulence.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35