The Normal Heart
(05-04-2014, 01:31 AM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: This better bring back my faith in Jim's acting.

[Image: HARG1546.jpg]

Looking forward to this film, as well. That's a great photo of Jim. Heart

Here's his solo interview for TNH. Can't wait to see more of his scenes. Big Grin

And a few more pics...

[Image: 2m3r47n.jpg][Image: 2prz33s.jpg]

[Image: raauz6.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • Toad, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
More on the Normal Heart.

Disappointed by his extracurricular hiatus work offers—“Which in some ways sounds greedy, considering the work I was being able to do”—he moved to New York City for the summer. “I told my agents, ‘I don’t care if I just do unpaid readings for nonprofits all summer. I need to get back to theater,’ ” he says.

Sounds like a bored actor to me...

http://www.backstage.com/interview/jim-p...mal-heart/
(05-26-2014, 06:03 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: More on the Normal Heart.

Disappointed by his extracurricular hiatus work offers—“Which in some ways sounds greedy, considering the work I was being able to do”—he moved to New York City for the summer. “I told my agents, ‘I don’t care if I just do unpaid readings for nonprofits all summer. I need to get back to theater,’ ” he says.

Sounds like a bored actor to me...

http://www.backstage.com/interview/jim-p...mal-heart/

This is so interesting to read. I think there was a point on the show where JP wasn't 100 percent into playing Sheldon. At that point, he should have let it go to do the other roles he is interested in, rather than this half-assed performance we got to witness for the last few seasons.

He has the range and talent to be great in other roles and I'm sure those who watch The Normal Heart tonight will see.
(05-26-2014, 06:18 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: This is so interesting to read. I think there was a point on the show where JP wasn't 100 percent into playing Sheldon. At that point, he should have let it go to do the other roles he is interested in, rather than this half-assed performance we got to witness for the last few seasons.

He has the range and talent to be great in other roles and I'm sure those who watch The Normal Heart tonight will see.

TONIGHT? is it opening...?
(05-26-2014, 06:28 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: TONIGHT? is it opening...?

Yup yup, it airs tonight. I won't be watching Sad I cancelled my HBO and showtime months ago and my husband just reminded me. I'll have to do the downloading thing later this week.
I watched 'The Normal Heart' tonight and I thought all the performances were outstanding... except Jim's. Sad I was a little disappointed in his performance, sadly. The character Billy was very camp but in my opinion, Jim failed to add warmth to him. He was too icy and there was just something missing, I think he was simply outclassed by the other actors.

This makes me think that Sheldon S1-3 may just be his finest hour. His deadpan performance of early Sheldon, is the best thing he's ever done as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately The Normal Heart didn't change my view on that. Not yet anyway.