0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.18 The Mommy Observation
I don't know about you guys but I'm still pissed over the fact that Amy thought it was a good idea to have Leonard win the Nobel Prize buy all of the merchandise from Stuart's store with some of the prize money that way it'd lead to Sheldon paying more attention to her. I REALLY would've loved to see Sheldon's reaction to that, it probably could've been worse than when he glared at her as she sarcastically asked Raj if she could borrow the imaginary book titled 'Lies I Tell For Sex'. If he didn't break up with her after those two moments then he really must have no more respect for himself. Angry
That's kind of all the offensive garbage rolled into one package, isn't it? A screw you to Sheldon's career dreams, selfish pity-me whining and some blatant manipulation.

Neither Penny nor Sheldon have any dignity or self-respect left.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35
Well I’ve only seen the bastard once, but I’ll hurl a handful of peanuts down from the gallery nonetheless. (Incidentally, did any of you chaps roll jaffas down the aisle at the old wooden theatres in ye olden days? Larks! Doubtlessly annoying larks…I did it yesterday.)

Very happy to see a version of Vintage Sheldon (the version that also appeared in Discovery Dissipation this year, which is a somewhat slower, heavier shade of Electric Can Opener Sheldon), complete with the old poise, voice and even a few Vintage mannerisms. So happy actually that it swiftly veers off into deep depression, because he’s bound to be gone again by next episode.

So far we’ve only seen him properly re-emerge in Scavenger Vortex, thus far…

Laurie Metcalf was wonderful, as always. She’s a masterfully precise actor and I thought her and Parsons interplayed rather intricately. I also liked the talk about hypocrisy, although given the topic it’s a trifle RICH coming from Sheldon “Date Night” Cooper, the man who’s done a full spin on his principles.

But again, it’s not a real person developing, it’s a fictional character being rewritten for plot purposes, like something out of an Orwellian nightmare. So he’s not REALLY a hypocrite, he’s just been overwritten. Like some sort of luridly coloured palimpsest.

Helberg was his usual understated, UNDERAPPRECIATED self. Give the fucker an award you Emmy schmucks!

Stuart’s Dead Man Talking schtick was quite amusing, save for what he was actually saying, which was an example of “Captioning the Canon”. I’d be very interested to hear Mr Bloom’s opinions on Lenny if they were actually his opinions and not merely what the show is trying to say to the audience. I can form my own opinions about whether Leonard and Penny work as a couple….and whether they form “One awesome person” (*cough* they don’t *cough*) If they form any sort of One Person, it’d be a self-pitying lactose intolerant sex-obsessed alcoholic who can’t utilise a glue-gun.
Anymore.

I very much liked Rauch’s “Kerching! You blinky chumps!” Gleeful and wanton diabolicalness is always amusing in my book…

If only they’d keep this flashback version of Sheldon instead of Toad’s AssClown Sheldon, and miraculously break up the incredibly unfunny and unpleasant schoolgirl romance that they’re subjecting Sheldon to, I think I’d actually start to enjoy the show again.

Perhaps it’s just late…
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Toad
(03-14-2014, 10:35 PM)Jislane35 Wrote: I don't know about you guys but I'm still pissed over the fact that Amy thought it was a good idea to have Leonard win the Nobel Prize buy all of the merchandise from Stuart's store with some of the prize money that way it'd lead to Sheldon paying more attention to her. I REALLY would've loved to see Sheldon's reaction to that, it probably could've been worse than when he glared at her as she sarcastically asked Raj if she could borrow the imaginary book titled 'Lies I Tell For Sex'. If he didn't break up with her after those two moments then he really must have no more respect for himself. Angry

Actually Raj's scenario had Amy winning a Nobel Prize and using the money to buy out Stuart so that Sheldon would pay attention to her. Amy thought this was a good idea.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
(03-15-2014, 12:38 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: Actually Raj's scenario had Amy winning a Nobel Prize.and.using the money to buy out Stuart so that Sheldon would.pay attention to her. Amy thought this was a good idea.

Holy shit......that's even WORSE!! She'd take away his one dream and be proud over it, she might even brag non-stop about how she won it, Stuart's store will be closing down because of her, and Sheldon will just sit there like a good boy applauding with a fake smile plastered on his face while he's screaming bloody murder in his own head. Morlock Can you imagine how heartbroken he'd be if he lost his one goal in life to his own girlfriend?! That's just a DISGRACE. Of course the Amy-ites will say some stupid crap about him having to marry her now more than ever if she were to 'impress' him with wining a Nobel. IDIOTS! Angry Seriously I feel as though the writers are seriously foreshadowing something here. My god Amy is discreetly more evil than Winkle, Kripke, Wil, or Ramona put together by backstabbing Sheldon in the back like that! If that were to happen it'd be almost as horrifying as Hofstader betraying Sheldon in the Arctic!
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • Trust No One
(03-15-2014, 12:55 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Holy shit......that's even WORSE!! She'd take away his one dream and be proud over it, she might even brag non-stop about how she won it, Stuart's store will be closing down because of her, and Sheldon will just sit there like a good boy applauding with a fake smile plastered on his face while he's screaming bloody murder in his own head. Morlock Can you imagine how heartbroken he'd be if he lost his one goal in life to his own girlfriend?! That's just a DISGRACE. Of course the Amy-ites will say some stupid crap about having to marry her now more than ever if she were to 'impress' him with wining a Nobel. IDIOTS! Angry Seriously I feel as though the writers are for shadowing something here. My god Amy is more evil than Winkle, Kripke, Wil, or Ramona put together by backstabbing Sheldon in the back like that! If that were to happen it'd be almost as horrifying as Hofstader betraying Sheldon in the Arctic!

So Amy does not care who has to be taken down to get what she wants? Morlock
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-15-2014, 01:13 AM)ses1515 Wrote: So Amy does not care who has to be taken down to get what she wants? Morlock

Nope. She'll even take away everything and anything her own boyfriend has ever loved or dreamed of if she has to! She DESERVES some romance in her life Ses can't you see?!

In all seriousness though that is a WHOLE other level of manipulation right there.
The following 3 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • Trust No One, FranEssi, Berliner
(03-15-2014, 01:19 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Nope. She'll even take away everything and anything her own boyfriend has ever loved or dreamed of if she has to! She DESERVES some romance in her life Ses can't you see?!

In all seriousness though that is a WHOLE other level of manipulation right there.

I guess we all cannot understand romance like Amy Jislane. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-15-2014, 03:46 AM)ses1515 Wrote: I guess we all cannot understand romance like Amy Jislane. Tongue

What did poor Sheldon do to deserve her?
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-15-2014, 04:30 AM)devilbk Wrote: What did poor Sheldon do to deserve her?

Something cosmically awful in a past life, like destroy an entire galactic civilisation? He didn't do anything, did he, poor bugger. Raj and Howard cooked up the profile and dating info, then lied to him to get him to the meeting. There was absolutely no way that should have led to anything more, except he was too socially inept to find a way to tell the creepy little leech to go away once she latched onto the whole group. Like a toxic remora.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales