Discounted Group Therapy
(03-03-2014, 08:13 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: I somehow suspect that we'll never get more than a little "in-house" therapy now and then. Apart from the above clip none of the characters seem to be particularly given to introspection, that we can see anyway.

I have to say though that I always loved Jane Lynch as the sassy therapist on TAAHM.

I'm not really a fan of adding more characters to the show (even just reoccurring) but if it was a character like Lynch's brilliant, sarcastic therapist I'd be the first one cheering her on.

(03-03-2014, 07:57 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: If every there were a group of people that needed some professional intervention its the Big Bang group. My theory on your question is that Lorre probably believes there is some treasure trove of comedic in the gross dyfuntion of these people. Leonard is probably the worst off because he grew up the child of a sterile psychiatrist. I believe in TPA Leonard said he been to therapy, so we know he and Raj are no strangers.

Maybe Lorre and whoever else comes up with these plot lines figure the characters are more relatable since they are so "damaged."

Look at Penny. She is the pretty blond ditz with a rocky education and failed acting career. From what I saw on Mom, this is a common character for Lorre shows. I guess making her the brunt of the jokes from her accomplished friends is funny. He slowly morphed her for a sparkly confident 20 something with some aspiration to a morose drunk. Having her go to a therapist could make Penny have an epiphany about her shitty life and that her friends and boyfriend are not helping. As SpaceAnJl said, "time to detox and deprogram."
How funny can Penny be if she is happy and successful? Dodgy

Amy's character was like the gal on Two and a Half men that stalked Charlie. She was nerdy and homely and obsessed with being in a relationship with him. At first I figured AFF to be pretty harmless interms of the group but she turned into some man hungry manipulator. She too has "daddy issues" (this is what i remember bout her not knowing who her dad is, correct me if I'm wrong Blush) She could do with talking to someone about the deception and manipulation and the need for approval from Penny....

I know the guys are a topic to be touched upon too, but my first instinct is to address the women first.

I have yet to see Mike and Molly, but I've seen a couple of episodes of Mom (was not a fan Dodgy ) and 2 1/2 men fizzed out for me a while ago. BUT from what I seen Lorre is part of the "He-man woman haters club" and its not funny.
Just what i think, I'm not an expert Blush

Well either he's lying to himself or to us. In the notes of the Emmy speech he showed on his vanity card didn't he call the characters extraordinary or something like that? I agree, TPTB do seem to hate women. It makes you wonder how three smart actresses have allowed themselves to be part of this hatred. What kind of message are they sending out to young girls and how will they explain to their daughters that the money they made was more important then what the role was saying.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi

Messages In This Thread
Discounted Group Therapy - by Nutz - 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by queenoftheDales - 03-03-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by Toad - 03-03-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by queenoftheDales - 03-03-2014, 08:00 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by Toad - 03-03-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by Nutz - 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by devilbk - 03-03-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by SpaceAnJL - 03-03-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Discounted Group Therapy - by devilbk - 03-04-2014, 02:29 AM