Discounted Group Therapy
Was originally posted in Green Lantern's Buttocks but Dsnynutz wanted to me to share it somewhere publicly for our guests to have a laugh on so I chose here.

"Sally has a strong crush on Charlie Brown's friend Linus. She calls him her "Sweet Babboo" and when Linus says something Sally finds especially witty or intelligent, she expresses her admiration by asking, 'Isn't he the cutest thing?' Her crush is a frequent source of embarrassment to Linus, but he endures it stoically for the most part, although he is sometimes driven to yell in exasperation, 'I'm not your sweet baboo!'. As Schroeder does with Lucy, Linus often attempts to fend Sally off with a sarcastic remark. No matter how vigorously he protests, though, her devotion remains unwavering."

Okay so am I the only one here who is able to see the irony in this?! COME ON!
The following 3 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Nutz, Kimk26
It's interesting that each of the characters has a minor breakdown at some point. It's mostly the moment that they realise their childhood dreams are just that; Sheldon is always on the verge of breakdown, whenever he's reminded of his childhood, or if his carefully planned routines to ward off reality are interrupted. Raj, usually after he's been rejected.[Image: resizedimage600295-Raj-lobster.png] Howard, when he's away from his support group incl: the guys, they always pull together to help him(space toilet, Mars Rover), and mother/ Berny, plus being confined in a limited space with no gravity.

Penny, when she finally starts to realise she isn't going to be a movie actress, hasn't had sex, and eats a fly!

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
So I think I'm still in the 'bargaining' phase. [Image: rhWsQ.jpg]
The following 4 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Gamma, queenoftheDales, Berliner, Nutz
Love it! That's a repeating cycle each tr day for me.
I'm in stage 4 to 5. I'm still depressed about the direction this show is heading but at the same time I already watch other shows which are pretty good. So yeah ...
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
[Image: tumblr_nda1w6Qmv31sv4tqho1_400.gif]Somehow reminds me of watching BB, deluded into believing it will get better. It is like watching them destroy your favourite characters.
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
When Emotional Abuse Looks A Lot Like Love

1. Frequent hanging out, right from the jump - This intense togetherness is probably the hardest one to identify as a key sign of abuse, and I’ll tell you why. In an age where we can deposit a check, order a burger, listen to the latest tracks and swipe through photos of potential matches all at once, it is safe to say that instant gratification has become the modus operandi. We subconsciously apply this to relationships, too, where hookup culture is expected and anything else is too old-fashioned.

Abusers, who tend to be extremely charismatic and complementary in the beginning, capitalize on this idea, convincing their partners that they need to be together all the time, and anything less is insincere. In this intense period abusers quickly establish a pattern of dependency whereby the partner begins to rely on the abuser’s opinions and habits to affirm their character and sense of worthiness as a match.

It is also common for the abuser to suggest “big steps” like moving in, taking trips alone or sharing financial resources. Because of the preexisting fast pace of everything else, in the moment it’s easy to go along with these big steps. These “suggestions” from my abuser were attempts to further control my actions, decisions and whereabouts, so that when the abuse started, my options for leaving would be more limited. Every time I voiced hesitation about moving too fast, I felt guilty.

2. Creation of isolation - Because abusers need to maintain a strong power imbalance in the relationship in order to carry out the abuse, a prerequisite is making the partner feel isolated in every way.

Beyond physical isolation, this can manifest as threats of being alone if you ever leave him/her, verbal manipulation regarding those in your network and how they feel about you and reprimanding you for speaking to close friends and family about problems in the relationship.

3. Extreme jealousy - This is another hard one because I see so many people—myself included—mistake jealously for exclusivity. When we first got together, I thought “Oh, he must be really jealous because he really likes me and wants to make sure nothing comes in the way of that.” I was unable to see the jealousy as the deep-seated insecurity that it was.

Toxic habits became the new normal. Things like looking through my phone every day, demanding that I answer if I had slept with any man we encountered who he didn’t know.

4. Lack of respect for your property, aspirations, and values - Because abusers see their partner merely as an extension of themselves rather than their own person with every right to their own opinions and limitations, boundaries are often blurred.

5. Self-victimization - Abusers very rarely see themselves as abusers, which is why they almost never stop abusing. My abuser said things like, “I only attract crazy people” or “They made me do x, y, and z,” always looking through the lens of a victim when discussing exes, family members, friends, etc.

6. Uninterested in self-help - Abusers tend to find people with bleeding hearts or a savior complex, and they will allow their partner to “fix” them in order to 1) make their partner feel like she or he is different and the only one who truly understands the abuser, and 2) (usually towards the end of the relationship) use this as a threat for why the partner needs to stay (i.e. “you’re supposed to be there for me no matter what”).

Sound familiar? (You can click on the Title for the full article)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Liking what you wrote seems somehow wrong, but I see every point and I absolutely see them in the behaviors on TBBT.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Louise
Oops. You can click on the Title for the full article.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons