TBBT Fanvideos
That Buster Keaton/Radiohead video is lovely. He's got such a sweet face...

The best comedy has a sadness to it.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Just for laughs! (Smart is the new sexy, or TBBT is Bringing Sexy Back!)

The following 5 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Louise
He's a really romantic slushy one but it's lovely.. Heart

The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales
This is a new fanvid from the Shenny tag on Tumblr...

[Shenny/Let Her Go]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJ0NkxEH3s
or
http://jenlovessherlock.tumblr.com/post/...dnt-resist
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • devilbk
Fun moment:

And another super-fun moment:

A great scene from a sh*tty, sh*tty season. Howard's facial expression is adorable. Oh, the pleasure of it all! Big Grin I gotta say that the red plaid is one of my faves, from amongst his colorful outfits...

One saving grace of the later seasons is that good scenes like this one can be watched with no context at all, separated from the rest of the episode, and they still work just fine. So, you don't have to watch the whole episode, to enjoy the few good scenes. That's why Youtube is a blessing...

(09-04-2014, 03:57 PM)Louise Wrote: One saving grace of the later seasons is that good scenes like this one can be watched with no context at all, separated from the rest of the episode, and they still work just fine.

I think this is what the show is aiming for. Scenes that can be watched without context, so the horrific lack of continuity or character consistency don't register. They can just churn out variations on a theme year after year.
(09-04-2014, 03:59 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I think this is what the show is aiming for. Scenes that can be watched without context, so the horrific lack of continuity or character consistency don't register. They can just churn out variations on a theme year after year.

That's possible, but if that's really what they wanted, wouldn't each episode be completely self-contained, with no "arcs"? I mean, a casual viewer might get a little puzzled as to why Raj can't talk in one episode, and in the next one he can, if they're watching syndicated episodes completely out of chronological order. Stuff like that.

If you wanted maximum "recyclable-ness", I'd imagine that you'd want to avoid any major changes at all, and there *are* changes which are major enough to be noticed even by a casual viewer: characters like Priya appear and disappear, Howard is either married or he's not, Penny either works at the CCF or she doesn't, etc.

Personally, I believe "arcs" aren't suitable for a sitcom and I'd be totally happy with most episodes being self-contained. That's a very unpopular viewpoint nowadays, because the nature of TV has changed. Back in the day, you had shows like Hogan's Heroes or Gilligan's Island where each episode literally has the same plot and nothing ever, ever changes. (I'm not necessarily knocking those shows, it's just an example.)

*shrug* I dunno. Maybe TPTB want to have it both ways: simplistic low-brow entertainment that can be watched endlessly in syndication, but with enough "dramatic plot-twists" that they can pretend to be aspiring to something better...

Anyways, I just love this particular scene Heart What I mean is, I'm glad that some of these scenes from recent seasons are more-or-less context-free so that I can enjoy them and I don't have to watch the rest of the episode, with the shippy stuff and whatever the ostensible story is.

Incidentally, the CCF is a very yummy restaurant, and slightly more upscale than what's portrayed on the show.
is there a video with all Shenny hugs?
LOVE/HATE that Shenny