2 18.18%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.17 The Friendship Turbulence
(03-09-2014, 01:39 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I gave this SockSock

The only reason I didn't give it three was I thought the Howard/Sheldon hand holding was rather cool.

The insult Howard was supposed to have made about Sheldon 10 years ago calling him "Pee Wee Herman" is an observation Sheldon fans are making about the character NOW. I convinced the writers are sourcing the fans for material to counterpoint what they complain about. Morlock

This Leonard and Penny scenes were painful to watch, it's the same argument over and over with them. Leonard buying Penny a car was a nice gesture but still no laughs.

The Raj and Amy scenes had so much wasted potential and could have been hilarious but the writers have made Amy TOO NORMAl. Raj wasn't funny and Amy neither was she, so what was the bleedin point? Imagine if Amy had been quirky like season 4 and was giving Raj all the WRONG advise and he was believing it. It could have been soooo funny. They just don't care about humour anymore, they are too busy trying to make Amy relatable.

And how the hell is it that Amy is now the most emotionally mature person in the group?
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-09-2014, 02:12 AM)devilbk Wrote: And how the hell is it that Amy is now the most emotionally mature person in the group?

It's a complete U-turn on the character. MB may as well be playing herself now.

And Raj? he's NOT funny, they have tried to make him such a loser that I can't even laugh at it anymore. The sad thing is Amy and Raj have chemistry onscreen. These two would make a great match.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-09-2014, 02:12 AM)devilbk Wrote: And how the hell is it that Amy is now the most emotionally mature person in the group?

In order to make Sheldon, Penny, and how even Raj(!) look like the ones who are socially uneducated or irresponsible in Penny's case at least. Her and Leonard are the 'perfect' ones in the show therefore they have to make it seem as if they know everything about everything and know what's 'right' for both themselves and everyone else.

If Amy is such an 'expert' with relationships and emotions now then why does she continue to bother with a guy who has none of that? She most likely doesn't want to quit on Sheldon just yet until she gets what she wants from him first.

(03-09-2014, 02:18 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: It's a complete U-turn on the character. MB may as well be playing herself now.

And Raj? he's NOT funny, they have tried to make him such a loser that I can't even laugh at it anymore. The sad thing is Amy and Raj have chemistry onscreen. These two would make a great match.

Amy and Raj would've balanced each other out just like Sheldon and Penny do. They do have great chemistrySmile

MB has become another Kristen Stewart. Playing herself in every role she gets. Dodgy
The following 2 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales, devilbk
If Amy was introduced on the show now, there is no way Sheldon and her would get together. It's like she's baby sitting her nephew. Here she is, supposedly this mature, successful woman in a relationship with a child, who won't give her the sex she now craves. It makes no sense. Any woman in her position would walk, it's not like she's getting anything from the relationship.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, devilbk, Gamma, Nutz
More to the point I don't think Sheldon would have been interested in her. There would be change in Sheldon as having social interactions with his friends will provide but not as much change as we've seen over the last two and a half seasons to find an overly horny woman desirable. *rolls eyes* Of course with TPTB in charge if they decided he'd fall for her like a suicide from a bridge poor Shelly wouldn't have a chance.
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One
(03-09-2014, 02:24 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: If Amy was introduced on the show now, there is no way Sheldon and her would get together. It's like she's baby sitting her nephew. Here she is, supposedly this mature, successful woman in a relationship with a child, who won't give her the sex she now craves. It makes no sense. Any woman in her position would walk, it's not like she's getting anything from the relationship.

That's very true Tuesday, I don't even think she cares all that much about his intelligence anymore just his body. If she really was as confident as we think she is then she wouldn't have bothered into manipulating Sheldon into not breaking up with her therefore she thinks she can't do any better than him (for obvious reasons), Sheldon is easy for her to manipulate and doesn't think she'll find anyone else would be easy for her to control, probably just wants him because he's hot but I guess she wants to do it with someone who's just as inexperienced as she is that way they won't judge her bedroom skills and feel all embarrassed about it or maybe doesn't want to lose it to just anyone but with someone she knows well and can trust regardless if she can't stand Sheldon's behavior or not. Either way it's still POINTLESS because I don't feel any real love coming from her for him and I'm scared for Sheldon to be one even more emotionally attached to someone who doesn't even fully like or accept who he is.
(03-09-2014, 02:32 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: More to the point I don't think Sheldon would have been interested in her. There would be change in Sheldon as having social interactions with his friends will provide but not as much change as we've seen over the last two and a half seasons to find an overly horny woman desirable. *rolls eyes* Of course with TPTB in charge if they decided he'd fall for her like a suicide from a bridge poor Shelly wouldn't have a chance.

He glared at her when she asked to borrow the imaginary book "Lies I tell to get sex".
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-09-2014, 02:41 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: He glared at her when she asked to borrow the imaginary book "Lies I tell to get sex".

WTF?! Was she trying to be funny or just plain sarcastic with him? I would glare back at her too because just what kind of LIES is she telling him in order to get in his pants?! My god this woman! This guy needs to run. Like NOW before he still has a chance! She's obviously doing it for herself not because she wants to move forward with him out of love. I'm shocked that she had the nerve to say that to his face too.
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(03-09-2014, 02:32 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: More to the point I don't think Sheldon would have been interested in her. There would be change in Sheldon as having social interactions with his friends will provide but not as much change as we've seen over the last two and a half seasons to find an overly horny woman desirable. *rolls eyes* Of course with TPTB in charge if they decided he'd fall for her like a suicide from a bridge poor Shelly wouldn't have a chance.

I agree wellplayed. If Sheldon was interested in anyone I could see see someone like Alex or Bernadette before Howard of course. It should have been a women that would have caused some interesting conflicts among the friends and not someone that would bore everyone.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
Martha had potential. She was properly interested in comics and sci-fi, and obviously attracted to Sheldon. The showrunners would presumably have made her a creepy, clinging nightmare in short order, but... I think watching Penny watching her with narrowed eyes might have been interesting.

Sheldon has the most appalling role models around him. How the hell is he supposed to ever work out what a healthy loving relationship or a decent friendship looks like, with what he has to go on?
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One, spuffyfan, queenoftheDales