18.18%
2 18.18%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.17 The Friendship Turbulence
(03-06-2014, 10:47 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: LOL That line was funny but at the same time he really should stop messing around with Howard, sure he's not as big as a theoretical physicist but I still find his job really impressive.

Could he have possibly been backing Penny up a bit there or am I just thinking too hard? He didn't seem to be taking it as a laughing matter.

I think he was, at the very least, acknowledging that Leonard said something offensive. Very Sheldon-esque to state the obvious in an awkward situation. Could we have a vintage sheldon moment at our hands? Hmmmmmm

(the dig at Howard was funny, although i believe old Sheldon didn't think Howard was a failure so much as not as high ranking as the rest of the guys, so that maybe a new Sheldon deal)
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-06-2014, 10:54 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I think he was, at the very least, acknowledging that Leonard said something offensive. Very Sheldon-esque to state the obvious in an awkward situation. Could we have a vintage sheldon moment at our hands? Hmmmmmm

(the dig at Howard was funny, although i believe old Sheldon didn't think Howard was a failure so much as not as high ranking as the rest of the guys, so that maybe a new Sheldon deal)

Sheldon never thought that Howard was bad at what he did. he just gelt that what he did wasn't important.

(03-06-2014, 10:54 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I think he was, at the very least, acknowledging that Leonard said something offensive. Very Sheldon-esque to state the obvious in an awkward situation. Could we have a vintage sheldon moment at our hands? Hmmmmmm

Sheldon never thought that Howard was bad at what he did. he just felt that what Howard did wasn't important.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, Nutz
I'm still waiting for the long-suppressed and festering resentment at what they did to Sheldon's career to come boiling out at some point. Part of me really hopes that that beautiful mind has been concocting a long and elaborate revenge plan that will suddenly come to fruition.
The following 7 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Wisp, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Nutz, FranEssi, Toad
(03-06-2014, 03:51 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I'm still waiting for the long-suppressed and festering resentment at what they did to Sheldon's career to come boiling out at some point. Part of me really hopes that that beautiful mind has been concocting a long and elaborate revenge plan that will suddenly come to fruition.

If he can wait seven years over a non-returned video...
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, Toad
Go through her savings? Really? I was unaware that a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory made so much money that she had a savings account. I guess I just assumed after all the episodes of it being mentioned that she owed money to someone for food and rent that she was living paycheck to paycheck. Silly me. Go writers.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Jislane35, CassandraElise
(03-07-2014, 07:04 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Go through her savings? Really? I was unaware that a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory made so much money that she had a savings account. I guess I just assumed after all the episodes of it being mentioned that she owed money to someone for food and rent that she was living paycheck to paycheck. Silly me. Go writers.

Right?? I grew up in SoCal and my sister still lives there and you can't tell me that her waitress job is holding down a sweet apartment like that. But tv magic makes it all possible.

Either way, its good to hear that she was responsible enough to save what little money she does have. (Id like to think the situation with borrowing money from Sheldon would have influenced thatBig Grin) All she needs to do now is get rid of the bi-spectical garbage and start over.
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Nutz, Jislane35, CassandraElise
I live I SoCal so I'm telling you right now her 1bedroom, 1bath apartment in Pasadena would run a between $1200-$1350 a month, especially since Pasadena is only 15 -30 minutes away from the studios. Now you take a waitress at a chain food restaurant, even working 40 hours a week she would bring home around $1,350 a month after taxes (and I was generous giving her $9.50 an hour). I know that she would be making tips, but come on.

That said, really glad Leonard isn't paying for everything like I thought he was.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Trust No One
Holy lame sex jokes, Batman!!

The whole damn episode was like a crappy stand up show full of lame ass sex jokes. Really tptb? That is the best you can do?? The only scene that was devoid of the crappy sex lines where the Sheldon/Howard scenes, which were just ok for me. I really really miss Homo Novus; I am not a fan of this Sheldon, sorry not buying it. Sleepy

Raj and Amy had potential to be funny, but yet again it was killed with ill timed sex jokes. Geez, let Raj get in with somebody! Amy was doing a good job at hanging out with him, maybe thats a hint to have her spend more time with him so we can end the destruction of Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

And per usual, the Lenny problem is passed over. Uh, he was an uber asshole to her, how is that funny?? Kudos to Penny for storming out though. Don't just sit there while Leonard acts like dick...tator. But I guess a beater car heals all wounds Dodgy

neutral is where I'm at right now. No Shamy garbage, Leonard's asshole comments were acknowledged (even though it wasn't resolved), and AFF complaining was at a minimum so dirty socks are not needed
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz, taffinabean
(03-07-2014, 07:44 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I live I SoCal so I'm telling you right now her 1bedroom, 1bath apartment in Pasadena would run a between $1200-$1350 a month, especially since Pasadena is only 15 -30 minutes away from the studios. Now you take a waitress at a chain food restaurant, even working 40 hours a week she would bring home around $1,350 a month after taxes (and I was generous giving her $9.50 an hour). I know that she would be making tips, but come on.

That said, really glad Leonard isn't paying for everything like I thought he was.

I'm still trying to figure out how Kramer was able to afford his apartment on Seinfeld. Tongue
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, queenoftheDales
O JESUS PENNY YOU SAD BASTARD!

Criminy! Who the devil ARE these people we watch every week.....They've all morphed into a clutch of unremittingly awful, mean-spirited lickspittals....Or were they always, and we were just distracted by the brilliance of Vintage Sheldon?

Who in reality sits around every evening with all their (embittered, jealous) "friends" in a little technicolour psychological clusterfuck, where you rake each other's dreams over the coals for the brief warmth the flare up brings that serves in lieu of any love in your godawful contrived relationships….NOT RHETORICAL. Does anyone?

Psychological clusterfuck/Contrived godawful relationship is probably just the basic structure of a Sitcom, in which event I don’t think people like us (er, cranky "intellectuals", artists, and other unfortunate species) should be watching the damn things at all (why are we again?). But wasn’t this show DIFFERENT in the beginning? (It was, it bloody was!)

And if this is not Reality but Art, then what is illuminating about it? Or redeeming, honourable, provoking, memorable?
I suppose it’s meant to be Entertainment, but it’s a very nasty kind, and I’d feel less morally dubious cheering on a leper kicking contest than barracking for this group of flaky little-minded backstabbers….

Sheldon you prize eejit....What is he, just a vending machine of various forms of malice now?

Airplane scene garners two Penny Blossoms from Gripe (I’d be happy if the whole show was just Howard and Sheldon from now on), but the rest of the spite, faux-caring and unremitting tedium of sex jokes garners a feckin avalanche of Dirty Socks. So I'm conflicted.

I'm going to go away and sit in the corner for a while.
Putting myself in Time Out for watching this bloody thing...
Also I’m evidently a trifle cranky.

And on that note, here’s a pudding cranky. O ha ha! Perhaps I should write for television...
No.
[Image: themagic1__jpg_368x206_crop_q85.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 10 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One, devilbk, queenoftheDales, Gamma, FranEssi, Berliner, Wisp, taffinabean, Toad