50.00%
6 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.16 The Table Polarization
(02-17-2014, 08:04 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: To save you scrambling through our hideously lengthy Spoilers and Speculation thread, here's an external link to the TR.
The Table Polarization - Part 1

What is quite amusing (and depressing), is that I know you've already read the damn thing, because you commented....
It's just such an underwhelming episode, or rather, similar to a lot we've seen lately, that it's apparently slipped your memory. AND mine. I had to re-read it as well. I understand it's "serious" and "important", all these poxy realist decisions the inhabitants of Nerdvana have to make now, as they cast away the core of their identities and become REAL PEOPLE....it's just very depressing to watch.

It might turn out better than it looks....I don't know what I'm basing that on, actually. But it MIGHT!

I'm personally just impatiently awaiting the Dagobah Swamp and Lightsabers of the next vaguely allegorical episode. TBBT is at its best when it's surreal or dealing with friendships, and when it stays the fuck away from relationships and "adult concepts".....and I don't mean sex, I mean Dining Tables.

No matter how hard they push, this show does not fit as a heavy relationship or adult concepts show. Many of the characters are just not wired like that. I'm going to stick to the tapping reports for now. Just does not seem right to watch as a Shenny fan especially after last week.
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, queenoftheDales
(02-17-2014, 08:34 AM)ses1515 Wrote: No matter how hard they push, this show does not fit as a heavy relationship or adult concepts show. Many of the characters are just not wired like that. I'm going to stick to the tapping reports for now. Just does not seem right to watch as a Shenny fan especially after last week.

I still haven't watched the Loco Manipulation. My brain doesn't deal well with abrupt shifts and swerves (indeed, about-faces) in character continuity, particularly within a single episode. It also doesn't deal well with crowbarred-in "romance" and fan-service.

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for Star Wars. And I haven't disliked a Sheldonic dream yet. As for suffering through the "adult" episodes...did I mention I used to go to bullfights in Spain? I felt someone needed to stand (unsteadily) witness to the ignominious death of a noble animal....(Sheldon in this case) I suppose on the other hand, my presence might have been mistaken for support....so perhaps I shouldn't have gone at all...You might be right.
I must ponder this....
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Trust No One, Jislane35
(02-17-2014, 08:49 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: I still haven't watched the Loco Manipulation. My brain doesn't deal well with abrupt shifts and swerves (indeed, about-faces) in character continuity, particularly within a single episode. It also doesn't deal well with crowbarred-in "romance" and fan-service.

Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for Star Wars. And I haven't disliked a Sheldonic dream yet. As for suffering through the "adult" episodes...did I mention I used to go to bullfights in Spain? I felt someone needed to stand (unsteadily) witness to the ignominious death of a noble animal....(Sheldon in this case) I suppose on the other hand, my presence might have been mistaken for support....so perhaps I shouldn't have gone at all...You might be right.
I must ponder this....

I'm beyond a sucker for Star Wars. I watched last week and wish I did not. I dream about the ratings taking a big enough hit to affect change on this show. I'll try to do my very very small part. I have to take this show in very small doses now. Just too much wrong with the show to tune in every week. There is no sense of real conflict with these characters and any problem that does pop up is taken care of with a big reset button. Everything seems soo scripted and safely planned out. That does not make for good TV to me. I need some drama and surprises.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
(02-17-2014, 12:51 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Is this the first time she was on the floor like that eating? If so, it's probably done for the purpose of the plot of the show. You know, Penny is pissed she has to sit on the floor because so many people are there now eating so "Hey lets get a dinner table like adults" kind of crap. TPTB do random shit with these characters to advance whatever storyline is that week, regardless of continuity. The fact this is the first time Penny is on the floor eating with the group is done just for the point of getting a dinner table. This show is not character driven it's "this week's story" driven and they bend and twist the characters to push whatever story or point they want to sell on the show that week.

Is it sad that we can figure out the plot from pictures alone?

(02-17-2014, 07:02 AM)taffinabean Wrote: And why isn't Leonard offering Penny his seat? lol
Maybe someone who has read the TR can tell me how Penny wound up on the floor other than tptb needed her there in order to get a dinner table into S/L apartment to show "growth" or whatever crap that runs through their heads.

Yes, why isn't the "nice guy" giving up his seat for his girlfriend? Writers another epic failMorlock
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
Yippeee! Another episode to ignore.

I'm grieving, though.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35
And you still have another week before you get to ignore it Tongue
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Trust No One, Wisp
(02-19-2014, 06:28 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: And you still have another week before you get to ignore it Tongue

I'm counting down the days for skipping this episode and the next one.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
Great, so we'll all not watch it together then. And because we've still got a ways off before it airs, here's another table, borne aloft by...tentacles?

[Image: 2ez4f7l.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 3 users Like Toad's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, Trust No One
That is a disturbing piece of furniture right out of Edward Gorey.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Toad
I love that table. It's so creepy and beautiful at the same time.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35