50.00%
6 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.16 The Table Polarization
Going beyond the symbolism, which is annoying, couldn't they just have put Penny on the floor just so she'd have a really good reason to push for the table? Since we know they haven't been thinking very far beyond the script in front of their faces...
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, taffinabean
Oh, I get the reasons for it, but, as I say, it just seems symbolic of all the crap the show does.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
(02-17-2014, 12:53 AM)devilbk Wrote: Going beyond the symbolism, which is annoying, couldn't they just have put Penny on the floor just so she'd have a really good reason to push for the table? Since we know they haven't been thinking very far beyond the script in front of their faces...

Yes, I didn't read the report for this one. So that means they are getting a dining table, no more dinner on laps. That's a big change.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(02-17-2014, 12:53 AM)devilbk Wrote: Going beyond the symbolism, which is annoying, couldn't they just have put Penny on the floor just so she'd have a really good reason to push for the table? Since we know they haven't been thinking very far beyond the script in front of their faces...

See my previous post , we are on the same track and posted the same time.Wink
The following 2 users Like taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk
(02-17-2014, 12:56 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Oh, I get the reasons for it, but, as I say, it just seems symbolic of all the crap the show does.

I'm with Space on this one. This maybe the first time that Penny is made to eat on the floor to further the plot of the episode, I still think its some type of subliminal symbolism of Penny's character. All season she has been constantly getting looked down on by the group. I could be reading too much into it, but the constant digs on Penny character/status/morality are garbage. Has Fowler not been acting the same??Dodgy

Sure the group has gotten bigger, but Penny has always sat in a chair (if not on the couch); face level with the rest of the group. She couldn't sit in a chair and bitch about getting a table? Undecided
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(02-17-2014, 02:25 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I'm with Space on this one. This maybe the first time that Penny is made to eat on the floor to further the plot of the episode, I still think its some type of subliminal symbolism of Penny's character. All season she has been constantly getting looked down on by the group. I could be reading too much into it, but the constant digs on Penny character/status/morality are garbage. Has Fowler not been acting the same??Dodgy

Sure the group has gotten bigger, but Penny has always sat in a chair (if not on the couch); face level with the rest of the group. She couldn't sit in a chair and bitch about getting a table? Undecided

I don't disagree that the symbolism is endemic of the ongoing maltreatment of Penny as a character and a person. And AFF has always been eager to replace her on the couch.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Berliner
(02-17-2014, 02:49 AM)devilbk Wrote: I don't disagree that the symbolism is endemic of the ongoing maltreatment of Penny as a character and a person. And AFF has always been eager to replace her on the couch.

True. IMO, the couch spots are a big deal and Fowler ousting Penny off it is just a testament to her (Fowler's) status in the group now.
Penny could have just as easily complained about getting a table sitting in a chair, as per usual. Now suddenly there is no place for her but on the floor?

Also, I hope the writers don't turn this thing with Howardette into a Bernedette bashfest. I don't think she is wrong with having doubts about the whole space thing....
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk
And why isn't Leonard offering Penny his seat? lol
Maybe someone who has read the TR can tell me how Penny wound up on the floor other than tptb needed her there in order to get a dinner table into S/L apartment to show "growth" or whatever crap that runs through their heads.
The following 2 users Like taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One
(02-17-2014, 07:02 AM)taffinabean Wrote: And why isn't Leonard offering Penny his seat? lol
Maybe someone who has read the TR can tell me how Penny wound up on the floor other than tptb needed her there in order to get a dinner table into S/L apartment to show "growth" or whatever crap that runs through their heads.

TPTB can bring in the Round Table from the Knight of the Round table and it would not show "Growth" with this group.
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, taffinabean
(02-17-2014, 07:02 AM)taffinabean Wrote: And why isn't Leonard offering Penny his seat? lol

To save you scrambling through our hideously lengthy Spoilers and Speculation thread, here's an external link to the TR.
The Table Polarization - Part 1

What is quite amusing (and depressing), is that I know you've already read the damn thing, because you commented....
It's just such an underwhelming episode, or rather, similar to a lot we've seen lately, that it's apparently slipped your memory. AND mine. I had to re-read it as well. I understand it's "serious" and "important", all these poxy realist decisions the inhabitants of Nerdvana have to make now, as they cast away the core of their identities and become REAL PEOPLE....it's just very depressing to watch.

It might turn out better than it looks....I don't know what I'm basing that on, actually. But it MIGHT!

I'm personally just impatiently awaiting the Dagobah Swamp and Lightsabers of the next vaguely allegorical episode. TBBT is at its best when it's surreal or dealing with friendships, and when it stays the fuck away from relationships and "adult concepts".....and I don't mean sex, I mean Dining Tables.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One, taffinabean, Nutz