50.00%
6 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.16 The Table Polarization
(02-16-2014, 04:56 AM)devilbk Wrote: What I'd love to see is Penny getting a film gig far away, say Europe, and Leonard giving her a proposal ultimatum. She goes anyway and returns in the fall with a hot, tall, dairy tolerant boyfriend (or girlfriend because that would annoy Leonard AND Amy), sort of Penny's version of Priya. Even if only the first part happens I see a lot of fun summer fanfic.

It is, however, about time for Penny to have something good happen for her. Everyone else has had their shot.

Though I'd be okay with spinning Amy off into her own series. That I'd never watch.

Brilliant. That would be a happy alternative for me. Penny/Career is one of my favorite other ships and she is due some success without the condescension from Leonard or the rest others that are looking down from their pedestals at her.
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, Toad
(02-16-2014, 04:56 AM)devilbk Wrote: What I'd love to see is Penny getting a film gig far away, say Europe, and Leonard giving her a proposal ultimatum. She goes anyway and returns in the fall with a hot, tall, dairy tolerant boyfriend (or girlfriend because that would annoy Leonard AND Amy), sort of Penny's version of Priya. Even if only the first part happens I see a lot of fun summer fanfic.

It is, however, about time for Penny to have something good happen for her. Everyone else has had their shot.

Though I'd be okay with spinning Amy off into her own series. That I'd never watch.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mayim is angling for her own series. I wouldn't watch it either.
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35
(02-16-2014, 05:16 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Mayim is angling for her own series. I wouldn't watch it either.

Wonder how long it would last or how far the ratings would go LOL.
THIS is a nice table....

[Image: vt-1421b.jpeg]

Or this one. Although it looks a bit painful to run into when you're drunk...

[Image: Classic-Batman-Coffee-Table-499x377.jpg]

I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact that The Table Polarization is literally about a Table polarizing some people. An actual table.
I mean, sure, the Killer Robot Instability WAS about a Killer Robot (in MONTE's dreams anyway...) and the Adhesive Duck Deficiency WAS about a lack of adhesive ducks (initially)....but this just seems a trifle LITERAL....
Or is it just me?
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
You're not the only one. Maybe after this one airs we can suggest some alternative titles for it.
[Image: tbbt-7x16-1.jpg]

[Image: tbbt-7x16-4.jpg]

The promos shots.

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-12.jpg]

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-21.jpg]

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-5.jpg]

The rest can be found here...

http://www.spoilersguide.com/big-bang-th...-photos/#/
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
...I'm sorry, I'm kind of outraged at the group shot. I understand technical blocking for camera shots, yadda yadda, but there's still something about the positioning of the characters that really bugs me. Penny has been most definitely ousted from the central seat, (focal point of shot) and made to sit on the floor. It just seems to outline her positioning within the group now.

Penny always sat beside Sheldon on the sofa, it reinforced the fact that the central focus of the show, was the Sheldon-Penny-Leonard grouping. Now, she's been dethroned. And making her sit on the floor, putting her head below the level of the other characters, is a visual shorthand. Leonard can literally talk down to her.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Trust No One, Toad, Nutz
Yes I've noticed that too. Penny, who sat next to Sheldon for at least 4 seasons is now never pictured next to him, within a group setting not in the promos at any rate. They are always shown in couples. It's so sad. They sometimes sat Raj on the floor but never Penny before this (as far as I recall).
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, FranEssi, Trust No One
(02-16-2014, 05:42 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: ...I'm sorry, I'm kind of outraged at the group shot. I understand technical blocking for camera shots, yadda yadda, but there's still something about the positioning of the characters that really bugs me. Penny has been most definitely ousted from the central seat, (focal point of shot) and made to sit on the floor. It just seems to outline her positioning within the group now.

Penny always sat beside Sheldon on the sofa, it reinforced the fact that the central focus of the show, was the Sheldon-Penny-Leonard grouping. Now, she's been dethroned. And making her sit on the floor, putting her head below the level of the other characters, is a visual shorthand. Leonard can literally talk down to her.

More ammo for not watching this episode.

(02-16-2014, 05:58 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yes I've noticed that too. Penny, who sat next to Sheldon for at least 4 seasons is now never pictured next to him, within a group setting not in the promos at any rate. They are always shown in couples. It's so sad. They sometimes sat Raj on the floor but never Penny before this (as far as I recall).

I also remember Raj always sitting on the floor. I look at this picture and think there are way too many cast members. Sad

(02-16-2014, 05:21 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: [Image: tbbt-7x16-1.jpg]

[Image: tbbt-7x16-4.jpg]

The promos shots.

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-12.jpg]

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-21.jpg]

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-7x16-5.jpg]

The rest can be found here...

http://www.spoilersguide.com/big-bang-th...-photos/#/

The only thing missing is the clown car. That picture with everyone sitting around is like a punch in the face. Just does not fit for me.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
(02-16-2014, 05:42 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: ...I'm sorry, I'm kind of outraged at the group shot. I understand technical blocking for camera shots, yadda yadda, but there's still something about the positioning of the characters that really bugs me. Penny has been most definitely ousted from the central seat, (focal point of shot) and made to sit on the floor. It just seems to outline her positioning within the group now.

Is this the first time she was on the floor like that eating? If so, it's probably done for the purpose of the plot of the show. You know, Penny is pissed she has to sit on the floor because so many people are there now eating so "Hey lets get a dinner table like adults" kind of crap. TPTB do random shit with these characters to advance whatever storyline is that week, regardless of continuity. The fact this is the first time Penny is on the floor eating with the group is done just for the point of getting a dinner table. This show is not character driven it's "this week's story" driven and they bend and twist the characters to push whatever story or point they want to sell on the show that week.
The following 3 users Like taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, Nutz