18.18%
2 18.18%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.17 The Friendship Turbulence
(03-09-2014, 03:07 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Martha had potential. She was properly interested in comics and sci-fi, and obviously attracted to Sheldon. The showrunners would presumably have made her a creepy, clinging nightmare in short order, but... I think watching Penny watching her with narrowed eyes might have been interesting.

Sheldon has the most appalling role models around him. How the hell is he supposed to ever work out what a healthy loving relationship or a decent friendship looks like, with what he has to go on?

Great point on Martha Space. You need someone that will make Penny take notice and have the guys look at Sheldon in another way. You need characters that will shake things up and not make them more stale.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk
(03-09-2014, 02:32 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: More to the point I don't think Sheldon would have been interested in her. There would be change in Sheldon as having social interactions with his friends will provide but not as much change as we've seen over the last two and a half seasons to find an overly horny woman desirable. *rolls eyes* Of course with TPTB in charge if they decided he'd fall for her like a suicide from a bridge poor Shelly wouldn't have a chance.

From what I've seen Sheldon STILL isn't interested in Amy. Everything they do is from a contractual standpoint. He is absolutely disrespectful to her and it shows in his actions that he has little respect for her. Maybe I'm spinning the SIK, but I believe that his appeal wasn't because he was kissing Fowler and that maybe it was the fact that he was intrigued by the act itself. Scenes post-SIK show that (to me at least).

He seems completely put off by her constant hounding of him, and damn it if I ain't tired of hearing about it too. Dodgy It does seem like the writers are toning her down bit though, probably to make her appear like a more socially healthy person. I think thats probably why there was little to no Shamy in this episode. Don't want to wear out her popularity just yet so when she seals the deal it won't be Sheldon giving in to her aggressive ass advances; it will be some mutual agreement. MorlockMorlock

(03-09-2014, 02:50 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: WTF?! Was she trying to be funny or just plain sarcastic with him? I would glare back at her too because just what kind of LIES is she telling him in order to get in his pants?! My god this woman! This guy needs to run. Like NOW before he still has a chance! She's obviously doing it for herself not because she wants to move forward with him out of love. I'm shocked that she had the nerve to say that to his face too.

Its the price for a cheap laugh in this show now. Bad sex jokes are getting the laughs apparently and they are bountiful.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk
(03-09-2014, 06:10 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: From what I've seen Sheldon STILL isn't interested in Amy. Everything they do is from a contractual standpoint. He is absolutely disrespectful to her and it shows in his actions that he has little respect for her. Maybe I'm spinning the SIK, but I believe that his appeal wasn't because he was kissing Fowler and that maybe it was the fact that he was intrigued by the act itself. Scenes post-SIK show that (to me at least).

He seems completely put off by her constant hounding of him, and damn it if I ain't tired of hearing about it too. Dodgy It does seem like the writers are toning her down bit though, probably to make her appear like a more socially healthy person. I think thats probably why there was little to no Shamy in this episode. Don't want to wear out her popularity just yet so when she seals the deal it won't be Sheldon giving in to her aggressive ass advances; it will be some mutual agreement. MorlockMorlock

It the price for a cheap laugh in this show now. Bad sex jokes are getting the laughs apparently and they are bountiful.

Bad sex jokes are the bread and butter of Chuck Lorre productions.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
Ian going to be breaking down my posts for this show, since I really feel there was greatness (in a tiny little dose) mixed with just crap. So here it goes.

The greatest growth moment of the show:
Forget the kiss, the greatest moment of growth for Sheldon Cooper was he saying Howard not being in his life would leave a hole like Fox canceling Firefly. Yes, they had to say it wasn't as big to make a joke out of it, but this is Was a BIG moment. The fact that Sheldon compared the loss to Firefly (a show which canon has more then once had him bemoan) was so important and the fact that it garnered little audience reaction just made me sad.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
(03-10-2014, 09:06 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Ian going to be breaking down my posts for this show, since I really feel there was greatness (in a tiny little dose) mixed with just crap. So here it goes.

The greatest growth moment of the show:
Forget the kiss, the greatest moment of growth for Sheldon Cooper was he saying Howard not being in his life would leave a hole like Fox canceling Firefly. Yes, they had to say it wasn't as big to make a joke out of it, but this is Was a BIG moment. The fact that Sheldon compared the loss to Firefly (a show which canon has more then once had him bemoan) was so important and the fact that it garnered little audience reaction just made me sad.

It was a big deal and it was overshadowed by everything going on in this episode. Even though it was written off as a joke, the sentiment behind the comment was an important moment, touching even. Its too bad it became a fleeting joke that the audience laughed at, marginally.

I wasn't too surprised that Sheldon held Howard's friendship is such high regards; even with at the teasing and such . From past actions and comments, I believe its the same for all of group. (Except AFF, which is a different topic)

Maybe the audience is full of new viewers that really haven't been following the show since the beginning and just don't get what Sheldon meant. There is probably some hype guy telling the people when to laugh.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz
What was completely asinine: Serial Apeist 2

This premise was so bad, that I can't believe the writers (even with the low opinion I have of them) had the balls to put this crap on the air. So let's go deeper into what made this idea stupid.

1. Serial Apeist was never released, therefore a sequel of a movie so bad that it wasn't released would NEVER happen. (Even people with absolutely no entertainment savvy know this).

2. So they took Penny's most embarrassing and humiliating secret in 7.1 and made it not only open for all to know about (even the girls), but apparently Sheldon (who knows how she felt about doing this role hurt her) continues to twist the knife in "am I missing something here, or isn't that the part she was born to play" (brother my ass). This is troubling in itself, but add into that Penny seems to have forgotten about the humiliation is just sad and wrong. (Continuity on this show sucks!)

3. Leonard's OOC moment- so we're supposed to buy that Leonard who was so jealous that The role she took in a prime time television show would have had more than flirting in it, but he's not concerned at all that the type of move like serial Apeist (one who Raj helpfully told us that not only had a naked shower scene, but a barely covered sorority sister pillow fight) always has gratuitous nudity and sex. Sorry, not believable. To be in character, here's how the scene really would have gone:

Leonard: are you really not going to take this job?
Penny: It's not the kind of part that would give somebody their break and I didn't think you would want me to take it.
Leonard: not want you to take it! Penny I'm excited that someone offered you a part and I'm a little surprised you would rather sit at home and do nothing then take a part that adds to your resume.
Penny: I just don't think this is a good part for me to take Leonard, plus the sex scene made me uncomfortable.
Leonard: Wait, sex scene, but your half ape!
Penny: Well yes, but the professor that does the cloning loved me and there's a flashback scene of us having sex in his office.
Leonard: On second thought, you're so much better then taking off your clothes and having sex with handsome want to be actors. I'm sure something else will come up.

Side note: is it just me or does anyone else feel like Raj's line of Penny showering naked and having pillow fights with her sorority sisters would have been funnier coming from Amy? Plus you add Sheldon's come back line and just the thought makes me laugh.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Trust No One
(03-10-2014, 12:24 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: What was completely asinine: Serial Apeist 2

This premise was so bad, that I can't believe the writers (even with the low opinion I have of them) had the balls to put this crap on the air. So let's go deeper into what made this idea stupid.

1. Serial Apeist was never released, therefore a sequel of a movie so bad that it wasn't released would NEVER happen. (Even people with absolutely no entertainment savvy know this).

2. So they took Penny's most embarrassing and humiliating secret in 7.1 and made it not only open for all to know about (even the girls), but apparently Sheldon (who knows how she felt about doing this role hurt her) continues to twist the knife in "am I missing something here, or isn't that the part she was born to play" (brother my ass). This is troubling in itself, but add into that Penny seems to have forgotten about the humiliation is just sad and wrong. (Continuity on this show sucks!)

3. Leonard's OOC moment- so we're supposed to buy that Leonard who was so jealous that The role she took in a prime time television show would have had more than flirting in it, but he's not concerned at all that the type of move like serial Apeist (one who Raj helpfully told us that not only had a naked shower scene, but a barely covered sorority sister pillow fight) always has gratuitous nudity and sex. Sorry, not believable. To be in character, here's how the scene really would have gone:

Leonard: are you really not going to take this job?
Penny: It's not the kind of part that would give somebody their break and I didn't think you would want me to take it.
Leonard: not want you to take it! Penny I'm excited that someone offered you a part and I'm a little surprised you would rather sit at home and do nothing then take a part that adds to your resume.
Penny: I just don't think this is a good part for me to take Leonard, plus the sex scene made me uncomfortable.
Leonard: Wait, sex scene, but your half ape!
Penny: Well yes, but the professor that does the cloning loved me and there's a flashback scene of us having sex in his office.
Leonard: On second thought, you're so much better then taking off your clothes and having sex with handsome want to be actors. I'm sure something else will come up.

Side note: is it just me or does anyone else feel like Raj's line of Penny showering naked and having pillow fights with her sorority sisters would have been funnier coming from Amy? Plus you add Sheldon's come back line and just the thought makes me laugh.

While I did not see this episode, I wonder if Sheldon is still hurt from Penny's betrayal when Leonard returns early? Great point on 1. How can you do a sequel when the 1st was not released? More examples of the TPTB not doing their homework on the simple things. Leonard really is all over the place. Leonard would make a great politican with all his different views on one subject.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
The Lenny:

Oh God, I've seen high school couples with more maturity then these two. Why anyone still wants them together I just don't understand, but let's deal with the latest episode.

I can only imagine that this was supposed to be the do over episode for Leonard. The one where he supported Penny instead of Sheldon, but it was done in such an inorganic way that even some Lenny's are going WTF.

The way Leonard talks to Penny is beyond stupid. I mean really after 7 years of being in this girls life you don't know what is going to set her off. By the middle of the episode when he said "well at least they're talking about you" I was screaming someone please gag this idiot! They had a chance for real growth from this couple by Leonard standing up and being a man and telling Penny he loves and supports her but if she didn't take the part she needs to get a part time job as a bartender at a club 2 days a week (cause they make way more Tips) that way she's supplementing her income in a way that won't interfere with any auditions. But no, we got I'm afraid she might leave me Leonard, so he buys his way back into her good graces with a car.

On the other side, Penny's running back to Leonard with he was right she never should have quit the Cheesecake Factory as soon as the first thing goes wrong just shows once again how much she's changed. She's no longer the socially smart girl that takes life by the horns and will go Jr. rodeo on your ass if you treat her wrong. Now she's just a sad, pathetic drunken loser that stays in a relationship that she's called safe and boring in canon just so she has a sugar daddy when she needs it.
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, Trust No One
(03-11-2014, 03:15 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: The Lenny:

Oh God, I've seen high school couples with more maturity then these two. Why anyone still wants them together I just don't understand, but let's deal with the latest episode.

I can only imagine that this was supposed to be the do over episode for Leonard. The one where he supported Penny instead of Sheldon, but it was done in such an inorganic way that even some Lenny's are going WTF.

The way Leonard talks to Penny is beyond stupid. I mean really after 7 years of being in this girls life you don't know what is going to set her off. By the middle of the episode when he said "well at least they're talking about you" I was screaming someone please gag this idiot! They had a chance for real growth from this couple by Leonard standing up and being a man and telling Penny he loves and supports her but if she didn't take the part she needs to get a part time job as a bartender at a club 2 days a week (cause they make way more Tips) that way she's supplementing her income in a way that won't interfere with any auditions. But no, we got I'm afraid she might leave me Leonard, so he buys his way back into her good graces with a car.

On the other side, Penny's running back to Leonard with he was right she never should have quit the Cheesecake Factory as soon as the first thing goes wrong just shows once again how much she's changed. She's no longer the socially smart girl that takes life by the horns and will go Jr. rodeo on your ass if you treat her wrong. Now she's just a sad, pathetic drunken loser that stays in a relationship that she's called safe and boring in canon just so she has a sugar daddy when she needs it.

Only James Bond Leonard would still be clueless about women. How many more Penny's and Priya's and Stephanie's does he have to date to get a clue?
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
And I'm quite sure in the Lenny mindset their relationship will be a one-sided give and take as Leonard the understanding buys Penny a car and will go on to loan her money for rent and have to put up with her drinking and sarcasm. Sadly it almost writes itself. Sock
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz