Jim Parsons to host SNL
(03-02-2014, 01:46 PM)FranEssi Wrote: I haven't watched SNL, but I'd love to see Jim in a different and dark role too.
And I think Jim's portrayal of Sheldon in the early seasons of the show proves that he has the ability to play the English gent type, so it would be great to see him in a Sherlock Holmes, Mr. Darcy, those types of roles some day.
For some reason, I guess he can do well as one of those strange, Tim Burton characters too!

Oh God, not fuckin' Tim "hackneyed goth-chic" Burton. That would probably bugger up his acting range... If Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are anything to go by, he'd be mugging awkwardly, looking sideways and wearing heavy eyeliner in EVERYTHING in 15 years time. (How clear is it that I don't like CURRENT Tim Burton?)

(03-03-2014, 03:28 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I missed SNL (the one time I want to stay up, I pass out during the Hockey overtime). Poor Jimmy Sad I don't think I want to see the clips on YouTube now.

No worries, I thought it was funny Big Grin And yes it seems like it's always the way, damn outies

It seems like everything poor Jim is being put in is going to shit... Undecided
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-03-2014, 03:54 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Oh God, not fuckin' Tim "hackneyed goth-chic" Burton. That would probably bugger up his acting range... If Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are anything to go by, he'd be mugging awkwardly, looking sideways and wearing heavy eyeliner in EVERYTHING in 15 years time. (How clear is it that I don't like CURRENT Tim Burton?)

LOL! You are probably right.

The funny thing is I am not a big fan of Tim Burton OR Johnny Depp. They both are...alright I guess, but whenever I watch a Tim Burton movie, I see the interesting characters and atmosphere, but I can't help feel that something is missing. I can't put my finger on what that missing thing is, that doesn't let his movies be great instead of just alright, in my opinion of course. I feel the same about Johnny Depp's acting.

I still think Jim can do well as one of those strange characters Tim Burton comes up with! I think he can do much better than Depp actually.
The following 2 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Wisp, Jislane35
There's a superb fanfic series by Chris Dee, 'Cat-Tales', a Batman/Catwoman AU. And Jim is exactly who I see as Jonathan Crane, aka The Scarecrow. I think he could do that part brilliantly. I just worry that he IS going to get typecast as a camp cartoon, if he doesn't get a decent role with greater exposure at some point. (His stage work is apparently great, but he runs the risk of not getting meaty roles if all he's known for is titting about as a fey man-child.)
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FranEssi, Jislane35
(03-03-2014, 04:13 PM)FranEssi Wrote: LOL! You are probably right.

The funny thing is I am not a big fan of Tim Burton OR Johnny Depp. They both are...alright I guess, but whenever I watch a Tim Burton movie, I see the interesting characters and atmosphere, but I can't help feeling that something is missing. I can't put my finger on what that missing thing is, that doesn't let his movies to be great insteat of just alright, in my opinion of course. I feel the same about Johnny Depp's acting.

I still think Jim can do well as one of those strange characters Tim Burton comes up with! I think he probably can do better than Depp actually.

It's the gratuitous quirkiness. There are rarely any characters underneath it all. I did like some of the earlier Tim Burton films, like Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice etc. but I think it's painfully clear that both Burton and Depp are very limited.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • FranEssi, Jislane35
Tim Burton to Make Beetlejuice Sequel;

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb...uel-burton

[Image: tumblr_mn49sh1gEb1s51zjyo1_250.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-03-2014, 04:32 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Tim Burton to Make Beetlejuice Sequel;

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb...uel-burton

[Image: tumblr_mn49sh1gEb1s51zjyo1_250.gif]

Oh for fuck's sake. Dodgy

The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-03-2014, 04:29 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: It's the gratuitous quirkiness. There are rarely any characters underneath it all. I did like some of the earlier Tim Burton films, like Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice etc. but I think it's painfully clear that both Burton and Depp are very limited.

I agree. It must be the lack of depth when it comes to both the characters and the stories. It seems that Tim Burton is good at coming up with some general, vague ideas for a movie and with some interesting (looking) atmosphere and characters but has a hard time expanding them and giving them depth. Maybe it comes from the fact that he was/is a drawer and an artist first, if I am not mistaken, and a storyteller second. So maybe he gets too caught up in and carried away by the 'appearance' and the 'quirkiness' of the world(s) created by himself!
The following 2 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Wisp, Jislane35
(03-03-2014, 04:37 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Oh for fuck's sake. Dodgy

Should actually read as "Tim Burton Needs Money."
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Wisp
(03-03-2014, 04:21 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: There's a superb fanfic series by Chris Dee, 'Cat-Tales', a Batman/Catwoman AU. And Jim is exactly who I see as Jonathan Crane, aka The Scarecrow. I think he could do that part brilliantly. I just worry that he IS going to get typecast as a camp cartoon, if he doesn't get a decent role with greater exposure at some point. (His stage work is apparently great, but he runs the risk of not getting meaty roles if all he's known for is titting about as a fey man-child.)

I think he would be completely content to work on the stage after this show is over. He hasn't shown any real concern at making sure he's taking TV or Movie roles when not filming.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
Oh, I imagine he'd be quite happy to just be a stage actor. But I'm still worried that his screen image and history will reflect there. If he's known as basically a twit, nobody is going to want to cast him as anything serious, because the audience won't accept it. Work like 'The Normal Heart' is okay at the moment, but after a while, he could find that sort of thing getting a bit thin on the ground, and only getting offered comic idiot roles.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35