The Kwipke Kwippwuh
Oh, the characters don't mock, but the fact that the defining element of his character is a speech impediment is just horrible. It just underpins the whole 'cartoons, not people' feeling I get off the show, that if they are made as ridiculous as possible, the cruelty doesn't matter.
(03-20-2014, 08:57 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: Except they really don't. It was only remarked upon when Raj asked where that accent was from.

It's like honor among thieves. They never mock each for the surface things that past bullies zeroed in on. Glasses, nerd hobbies, wardrobe....you know, glass houses and all that. Kripke speech impediment is a defining fact about him as much as Howard's height. He is completely not self-conscious about it and it doesn't prevent him being loquacious asshole.

Sheldon takes a rather half-arsed stab at mocking him here, but it dwindles off because the chap has a conscience...

I like your new alliterative title by the way! [The Jibbering Gibbon]
I presume it's kin to the Babbling Baboon, Muttering Monkey, Haranging Howler, Loquacious Loris, Chattering Chimp, Grumbling Gorilla, Orating Orangutang....
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, lewstonewar, queenoftheDales, Nutz
I realise that alot of fun is to be had when Sheldon is in conflict with someone; whether it's low level power struggles with Penny, revenge against Wil Wheaton, or all out prank war with Barry!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's interesting:

The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant
[Image: Bx0DwdzCcAA-tgt.jpg]

I don't think I'm using this online milliner site the way it was intended...
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales
You forgot 7.10 The Discovery Dissipation, where they did cross the line. Sheldon mocked Kripke's impediment and it was SO UNFUNNY. And they made a point of it being a 'lesson'. The whole thing was damn awful and should have ended up on the cutting floor. I literally cringed.
I've been looking back at films like Monty Python's to discover how I inadvertently absorbed Postmodernist ideas. Now I find this thesis(way to enjoy your degree!) http://www.scribd.com/doc/104723573/Mont...rn-Thought But this is seperate, this is where I think Barry's rhotacism comes from.

The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz

So having just read about PM films. I think these scenes are examples; man's relationship with tech, and the dream within the dream, time travel, Time Machine by H.G.Wells, reference. [Image: sheldon-and-the-morlocks-o.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m5ls4g3qHV1qm7gflo1_500.gif] What is Barry doing? Is that a dance move?
[Image: tumblr_lh71l9QbjO1qcd7cjo1_500.jpg]

I bloody love Kripke...
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise