Rowling got it wrong - Harry Potter
(02-03-2014, 10:35 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: *grins* And it is the same type of 'shippers, too. The Weasleys basically forced themselves on Harry and refused to fuck off (and I'm not completely against the school of thought re love potions either) and somehow a disturbing pre-teen crush with a good dash of Oedipal creepery is 'tru wuv', and a smart, ambitious, pretty girl ends up with a whiny, jealous deadweight.

I've never liked Ron that much (he reminds me a LOT of Leonard) there wasn't much appeal to his character and always acted like a jittery, insecure, and whiny wuss. I've always felt a spark between Harry and Hermoine. But I'm glad to hear that even a great author such as Rowling would admit about making an error with the pairings of her saga after it ended.

But sadly TPTB have got their heads so far up their asses that they can't even smell their own shit no more or admit over how sickly and disturbing the canon pairings are, too busy smelling the dough and bragging on about the inaccurate ratings (thanks to syndication) and how excited they are to hear how much their fans love the 'new' material (who are actually the Shamy's that are the only vocal fan group for the show and automatically believe that they speak for everyone). Sometimes I really do think that it's due to favoritism or something they have against us non-canon shippers as if it should be 'personal' to them.
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • CassandraElise

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rowling got it wrong - Harry Potter - by Jislane35 - 02-06-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Rowling got it wrong - Harry Potter - by Wisp - 02-04-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: Rowling got it wrong - Harry Potter - by Nutz - 04-12-2014, 09:17 AM