Rowling got it wrong - Harry Potter
Did anyone see JK Rowling recent admittance that she should have put Harry and Hermione together after all? I knew it! I wasn't involved in this non canon ship but I heard it was even more vicious than the TBBT ships.

In my mind, those two were plainly obvious and the ships she went for were a bit so-so. Bit late now Rowling but brave of her to come out and say now. I feel she did get it wrong. And I know a lot of shennys were also shippers of Hermione and Harry.

What was their ship name?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26007732

http://news.sky.com/story/1205222/harry-...ce-mistake
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
Harmony, I think. I stayed well out of it.

I was all for the idea she had of killing of MoRon in bk 5, waste of bloody space that he was. Playing 'Pair the Spare' just so she could have Harry end up with the whole Oedipal wreckage that was Ginny the cardboard fangirl...just awful.

I have very very many Opinions about Harry Potter and will share them ad nauseum, be warned. Smile
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • CassandraElise, Jislane35
BB is my first ever online shipping community. I had no idea this sort of thing existed prior to being dragged in by S/P vibes. But if I had known, I would have come down on the side of the Harmony's for sure. Harry and Ginny made no sense, it was weak. Ron and Hermione were just awkward. What a shame that the author worked this out so late. From what I'm seeing some fans, are not amused by her change of heart.

If TPTB say this about shenny years from now I'll feel the same. Not amused. Tongue
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
I think Rowling was just writing for herself to begin with, working issues out on paper, and then the books snowballed faster than her ability to adapt. The execrable epilogue was written very early, and then she just had to bend everything to fit. There was a far darker and more adult narrative struggling to get out by the later books, and the tone got uneven. Frankly, you can't make child abuse amusing, once you move out of a Dahl-esque suspension of reality and try for something more complex. And whilst she aimed for a Merlin/Gandalf type in Dumbledore, he just came over as a closet sociopath.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • CassandraElise
(02-03-2014, 07:59 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: BB is my first ever online shipping community. I had no idea this sort of thing existed prior to being dragged in by S/P vibes. But if I had known, I would have come down on the side of the Harmony's for sure. Harry and Ginny made no sense, it was weak. Ron and Hermione were just awkward. What a shame that the author worked this out so late. From what I'm seeing some fans, are not amused by her change of heart.

If TPTB say this about shenny years from now I'll feel the same. Not amused. Tongue

I think I love you. Big Grin I was (and to a lesser degree, still am) a massive Harmony fan. Mainly for the reasons you pointed out, though I could write a diatribe on the beauty of Harry and Hermione's friendship, which I shall not bore you with here. Tongue

Suffice to say, when the news broke, I literally fell off my chair cackling madly. I must have laughed for a good hour afterwards. It was very vindicating to have been "right" for all those years. Anyways, doesn't change what's been written in the books, but it makes me feel a smidgen better.

Honestly, I said the exact same thing to my sister about Shenny, "If only TPTB would own up to their mistakes about the couples on Big Bang Theory." Granted, I would like them to admit their wrongdoings BEFORE the series finale...

(02-03-2014, 07:50 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Harmony, I think. I stayed well out of it.

I was all for the idea she had of killing of MoRon in bk 5, waste of bloody space that he was. Playing 'Pair the Spare' just so she could have Harry end up with the whole Oedipal wreckage that was Ginny the cardboard fangirl...just awful.

I have very very many Opinions about Harry Potter and will share them ad nauseum, be warned. Smile

Hahaha. You are awesome. I think we could both go on ad nauseum about the series and its shortcomings. Wink
The following 1 user Likes CassandraElise's post:
  • Jislane35
(02-03-2014, 08:45 PM)CassandraElise Wrote: I think I love you. Big Grin I was (and to a lesser degree, still am) a massive Harmony fan. Mainly for the reasons you pointed out, though I could write a diatribe on the beauty of Harry and Hermione's friendship, which I shall not bore you with here. Tongue

Suffice to say, when the news broke, I literally fell off my chair cackling madly. I must have laughed for a good hour afterwards. It was very vindicating to have been "right" for all those years. Anyways, doesn't change what's been written in the books, but it makes me feel a smidgen better.

Emma Watson also agreed, it should have been Harry. When I found out they wouldn't end up together I was like... Undecided

Had a look at the comments after all the news articles (it's everywhere) and the canons are all piling in on her "I never saw anything romantic between them" and the like. Funny! how similar shippers are everywhere. Hermione fancied Harry the very first time she saw him in my mind anyway.
  • Jislane35
*grins* And it is the same type of 'shippers, too. The Weasleys basically forced themselves on Harry and refused to fuck off (and I'm not completely against the school of thought re love potions either) and somehow a disturbing pre-teen crush with a good dash of Oedipal creepery is 'tru wuv', and a smart, ambitious, pretty girl ends up with a whiny, jealous deadweight.
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar
(02-03-2014, 10:35 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: *grins* And it is the same type of 'shippers, too. The Weasleys basically forced themselves on Harry and refused to fuck off (and I'm not completely against the school of thought re love potions either) and somehow a disturbing pre-teen crush with a good dash of Oedipal creepery is 'tru wuv', and a smart, ambitious, pretty girl ends up with a whiny, jealous deadweight.

I had the misfortune of being active in the Harry Potter fandom back in the days of the shipping wars. I was called every word under the sun for my daring to think that Harry and Hermione could be a couple and my refusal to kowtow to the awesomeness of the Weasleys. Needless to say, when I joined the Big Bang Theory fandom I was well prepared for the immature onslaught from the canon shippers. Rolleyes
The following 1 user Likes CassandraElise's post:
  • Jislane35
I worked in bookselling back then, so I had a really early paperback copy of Bk1 before it became stratospheric - (paid for my new kitchen, incidentally) - and watching the whole thing take off and go mental, to the point of late night release parties, was really strange.

I can't think of anything that would do my head in more than being constantly surrounded by a bunch of rowdy, ill-mannered cretins like that family, from the overbearing (s)mother in charge of it through the borderline pyscho bullies (because forcing people to change colour/shape/clothes/sing against their will is hilarious, right?) to the obsessed fangirl and the petty, whinging stomach. Gah.

My first 'shipping experience was 'Firefly', and even the folks I disagreed with over there were civil. The worst experiences I have had in this fandom have actually been from fellow S/P 'shippers, sadly. I ran away from anywhere mainstream before the barmy army really got going.
Well whatever they sling at Shenny's it nothing compared to the storm on Tumblr over Rowling's revelation. It's totally kicking off big time. Big Grin
  • Jislane35