Shipping Season 12
Not posting a Shenny thread this season. They won't write anything for us, I'm convinced of it. They are trying to make these two interesting by giving them drama. Borrowing Shenny natural charm (opposites attract)...

The happy couple Big Grin 

[Image: Big-Bang-Theory-1246985.jpg]

Looks like Penny doesn't want kids but I figure this is just the writers stirring up the fandom. Betcha she does breed with Leonard in the end. Gah!!! they like to stir up the fans but they always play to canon so I'm not fooled.
(09-30-2018, 01:12 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Not posting a Shenny thread this season. They won't write anything for us, I'm convinced of it. They are trying to make these two interesting by giving them drama. Borrowing Shenny natural charm (opposites attract)...

The happy couple Big Grin 

[Image: Big-Bang-Theory-1246985.jpg]

Looks like Penny doesn't want kids but I figure this is just the writers stirring up the fandom. Betcha she does breed with Leonard in the end. Gah!!! they like to stir up the fans but they always play to canon so I'm not fooled.

I wonder how anyone can look at that and think "There sits a happy couple in love with each other". It's literally screaming, "I hate/extremely dislike/am bored by this person and cannot wait to get away from them". Like, this isn't the picture of a (potential) family that'll be there 10, heck 5(if that), years down the road. This is the pic of the couple that got married "because it made sense at the time" and then later realized they had absolutely nothing in common or that they really liked about each other to try and make it work and that forcing it to continue made/will make things even worse for them both.

How can the producers/writing team/Lenny fans not see that?!
The following 1 user Likes Nostalgia's post:
  • Ratman77
[Image: d080e8acf0b6ed79b9b2273b66a8b2a2.gif]Remember this...
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nostalgia, Ratman77
(10-01-2018, 02:30 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: [Image: d080e8acf0b6ed79b9b2273b66a8b2a2.gif]Remember this...

Oh, only every freaking time I see Leonard and Penny "in love". Hell, they don't even look like they're "in lust" or if they ever do/did, it's all Leonard.

This gif shows Penny's interest in Sheldon(Not to mention that kiss scene, oh my god) so blatantly, I don't know how one could deny or miss it. It's definitely a starting point for a fic though, for sure.
The following 1 user Likes Nostalgia's post:
  • Ratman77
Both, the laundry- and the kiss- scene were only fantasy/dream-sequences, but they made it so clear, what for possibility the "Shenny" has.

These two scenes really made it physically with passion and tense and I also cannot understand why they stubbornly ignore it. Confused
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Nostalgia
(10-02-2018, 12:00 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Both, the laundry- and the kiss- scene were only fantasy/dream-sequences, but they made it so clear, what for possibility the "Shenny" has.

These two scenes really made it physically with passion and tense and I also cannot understand why they stubbornly ignore it. Confused

They might have been dream sequences, but they were still far more "real" than anything Lenny ever showed on the screen.

And as for why they ignore it? Other than the possibility of Mayim and Johnny holding blackmail over the producers/writing team, I've not got the slightest idea. This kind of chemistry shouldn't be ignored, yet they so blatantly do. It's amazing, in a (bad) way.
[Image: tumblr_pgndxgjdBO1s6fovto1_1280.png]12.05 - Might have a Shenny scene and I wish they will do something great with these two but the promo suggests its all short lived as we are reminded pretty quickly who each character 'belongs' to. Geeeez!
Well well, it's not just Shennys who think Leonard and Penny just don't have that extra something.

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a...not-a-fan/

[Image: penny-and-leonard-big-bang-theory.jpg]

Largely beloved CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory will be ending its reign on cable television in spring 2019 after 12 seasons. I can understand the broad, easy appeal of the show, with it’s predictable jokes and familiar comedic setups, but it’s just never been my personal cup of tea. And while there’s a lot I could pick apart about why I don’t like The Big Bang Theory, the one aspect of this show that really gets under my skin — and not in a good way — is Leonard and Penny’s relationship. Yes, you read that right: I can’t stand Leonard and Penny’s relationship on The Big Bang Theory and yes, you’re darn right I’m about to tell you why.

It’s not that I think Leonard and Penny are bad people or that I think their characters are made to be disliked. I clearly get that they’re both inherently good, nice people. But the problem is two-fold with Leonard and Penny. First, there’s a power imbalance that their relationship is based on that makes me feel, on a fundamental level, unsettled. Add to this the fact that so much has happened over the course of their relationship on the show that leads me to constantly wonder exactly why they’re together. By the time I take a moment to sit and really think about it, I wonder why this coupling ever started in the first place. Heck, even their first date happened under false pretenses!

It’s no great secret that Penny has always been at a disadvantage in terms of the way her character has been written (e.g., never given a last name; treated like a “dumb blonde” archetype; given bland, subpar career aspirations, initially being a struggling actor who works at The Cheesecake Factory). Compared to Leonard, who has had season upon season of character-building story arcs written in so we have always had a full sense of who Leonard is as a person, it feels imbalanced. The implication here is that Penny is someone that Leonard can upload his own personality into and make her a whole, valuable person. When he is with her, he can take up space with his personal life and she is there to accept it all and participate in it completely because she implicitly has nothing else going on in her life. Despite the fact that her professional aspirations have evolved throughout the series, I can’t accept that. I also can’t accept that Penny somehow becomes a more complete person when she begins dating Leonard and later marries him, further being defined by his own life and achievements.

From this shaky foundation comes an entire relationship that, even when you hit the big beats, makes it clear these two never should have been together. For one thing, Leonard (and many of the show’s leading characters) have a tendency to belittle Penny because she isn’t (in their opinion) as smart as them. Cracks about Penny’s intelligence have been made through TBBT’s run, and no, I’m not exactly over here laughing along with the studio audience.

That’s not to say that, when it comes to the more pedantic side of TBBT and arguing about the quality of someone’s intellect, Penny’s nose is entirely clean; she’s gotten in her cracks about Leonard’s work in experimental physics more than once. She’s made fun of him and his friends about their niche interests and teased them for liking things outside the perceived social norm. The mutual interest, respect and support Penny and Leonard should be giving one another as romantic partners just isn’t fully there.

Penny has, at various points in the series: not been supported by Leonard for pursuing acting; been borderline slut-shamed for the number of people she’s been with compared to Leonard; endured criticisms from Leonard’s mother about her character; cast in an semi-shame-y light when she and Leonard discussed having kids and she wasn’t ready because she wanted to focus on her career. Never mind that Leonard cheated on her or that Penny’s commitment to the first phase of their relationship didn’t feel as pronounced as Leonard’s. On paper, these two people with entirely different interests, beliefs, career paths, social circles and so on don’t appear to have the footing to get them past a third date. I remain confounded as to why TBBT has pushed all their chips to the center of the table on this couple.

Simply put, Leonard and Penny don’t work to me. When the credits roll for the final time this spring, we’ll no longer have a show that, in my eyes, never quite managed to fully represent a dynamic, unique and collaborative relationship between them, and instead, prioritized depicting a “nerdy guy” getting the “dream girl.”
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jela, devilbk, Nostalgia
There was absolutely NO SHENNY in S12 and its not getting great reviews. Amazon has season 12 rated so low, I was shocked. 

We all know who we tuned in for and they can't take that away or poison it... 

Shenny was so exciting. Before they made Sheldon such a schmuck! I'd never been excited by an TV couple before in my life. Most US shows have characters that are too classically perfect looking or just don't have the chemistry. Shenny was one of a kind.

[Image: tumblr_pradge879f1s6fovto1_1280.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nostalgia
In reviewing the relationship dynamics flow chart for the show, I'm concluding that the only two who married for love (and we actually believe them) are Howard and Bernadette. The other relationships are all counterfeit on some level. Penny has never loved Leonard the way he loved her. Penny has an idea of what love should be and hopes she and Leonard grow into it. Leonard has no idea what love is but is happy to treat Penny as a treasure collectible that can be exhibited to his "friends" or anyone he wants to impress. Sheldon and Amy - Amy clearly spent years manipulating and molding Sheldon into the milquetoast that would marry her. Grafting a shared Nobel Prize as the culmination of their relationship (probably combined with a pregnancy) is just bad, bad, horrible and manipulative writing. And it's a horrible shame (pun intended) that the show sacrificed the most energetic and original pairing they had for two mediocre and uninteresting ones because it wasn't what they had planned. Am opportunity squandered.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Nostalgia