0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

12.03 The Procreation Calculation
(10-14-2018, 03:15 PM)I’m Shelatte Wrote: I haven’t watched the episode yet, but this is indeed very familiar. There is also the belief that some women may say they don’t want children, but they will totally change their mind once they are pregnant and become perfect mothers. I hope the writers don’t go this way, especially sincethey alrwafy did this with Bernadette - she also started out not wanting kids.

Oh they will. This ‘change of heart’, in their minds, is delivering a desirable story arc. I just wish something would happen on the show of interest but they are just fizzing out.
(10-12-2018, 12:51 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Judging by the clips, Penny also became part of Amy's manipulative life plan.
Getting pregnant together, breastfeeding each others babies, their kids must be friends together, massaging their intimates together,...

When Amy is all angry and upset about Penny not wanting children, Penny should remember the seven magic words:
- Shut up
- I don't care
- Effk you

It's like Amy now controls Penny's life as well. She's nice when the test subject cooperates, but very angry when things don't go her way. Penny should kick her out of of her apartment for such behavior, who the f does Amy think she is?

Amy clearly thinks of herself as the most integral part/binding that keeps the gang together, IMO. I wouldn't call her "integral" or a "binding" but an unneeded chain/anchor for at least Penny and Sheldon, if not the group as a whole. Also, I so wish Penny would use any of those 7 phrases on Amy. She needed to use them years ago tbh.

(10-12-2018, 02:26 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Exactly!!!! Amy is a complete A-hole!! Leonard had a reason to be upset because apparently and incredibly Lenny had never discussed children (how the hell are these two together???) but Amy makes remarks that would send most of us running for the hills, yet Miraculously Penny somehow expresses only support and love to this woman. Something Amy hasn’t earned. I can’t think of anything that Amy has done to deserve the title ‘bestie’. Amy is a creepy leech.

Remember, when Amy joined the group, she just called herself Penny's bestie(If anything, that should've been Bernadette since she was there first/longest unless there's some off-screen BBF I don't know of) and for some reason Penny never contested it. My guess is she felt sorry for her(Or rather, that's what I'd like to believe) and let it slide, but it went way too far as the seasons went on.

(10-13-2018, 03:16 AM)devilbk Wrote: I found it interesting that in The Tam Turbulence, when Penny and Bernadette check out Raj's arranged fiance, IT'S JUST THE TWO OF THEM AND NOT AMY. Amy wasn't invited and seems to not be concerned with anything that doesn't affect her directly. That's Amy.

Well, Amy is very self-centered. So long as it doesn't directly effect her, who cares? And she never really tried to be friends with Raj or get to know him, so it makes sense. Penny at least has something of a friendship with Raj and Bernadette has ties to Raj due to Howard and Raj being close(Also Raj's crush on her).

(10-14-2018, 03:15 PM)Shelatte Wrote: I haven’t watched the episode yet, but this is indeed very familiar. There is also the belief that some women may say they don’t want children, but they will totally change their mind once they are pregnant and become perfect mothers. I hope the writers don’t go this way, especially since they already did this with Bernadette - she also started out not wanting kids.

Hopefully, if they do make Penny have kids, they won't do the exact same scenario as Bernadette. I'd take adopting a kid or Penny coming around to the idea on her own over 'gets pregnant and falls in love with the idea of the kid'. TBH though, I'd prefer no kids on Lenny's part, but adoption would be nice. Well, depending on how they handle adoption, so maybe TBBT shouldn't do it since they'd mess it up.