Hate Shamy?
Hi everybody!

I know that I repeat myself, but at this point I would still like to take the opportunity to explain why I reject the "Shamy"-relationship.

As already mentioned, the primary attraction of the show was the clash of two worlds. The gang of nerds with their own specific view to the world and their academic intelligence and the street-smartness and the view for the real life of the waitress Penny.

From this bunch Sheldon was my hero, because he had his own live and was fine with it. He was not really interested in the interests of others, which is not meant to be negative. He wasn`t antisocial and he did not have either a "bite me"- attentive.(He took care for people who were important for him....gave Raj a job, lent Penny money, ect.)  He had simply his own specific goals and his own way to made his life and he was aware about his intellectual skills.

At some point, the authors came to the idea to press Sheldon into a relationship. Okay, the vision "Sheldon in a realtionship" had its charm, but the way the authors have managed this became a neck-breaker. The intoducing of Amy as a female nerd wasn`t a bad idea in general, but the choice to made her to Sheldons girlfriend was the worst thing ever.

At first the facts, that the "Dennis Kim"-episode showed indirectly, that the message was, that a relationship can destroy a great mind and that Amy "was brought" by Sheldons friends-what could be interpreted that, in this context, they wanted to ruin him- and second that they made him to a prey for Amy which ended in this miserable "when they will have sex"- countdown.

Add to these there came this stupid rewritings of Sheldon (a thing he shares with Penny) which made the character  totally confused and illogical. These messy-nonsense, the justifications for his three nock-nock-nock, ect. All these only to let Amy appear as the best thing in his life.

What a mockery.

A "best thing" that is only whiny, constantly complaining and trying to get rid of her partner's preferences.

The only person which could be able to have a relationship with Sheldon, that could work, is/was Penny.

There is/was these respect for each other, the ability to promote only the best of the other and, of course, this chemistry and subliminal attraction seen from the first episode. A relationship of these two could have also held the claim of the first seasons. A matter of sensitivity, true feelings, ambition and humor.

That is it for what the possible "Shenny" is standing for me.

Doctor Sheldon Cooper was one of the most original figures that a medium has produced. Like Jack Sparrow for example. As this he could have truly made TV- history before the producers decided to make him a cheap ordinary soapopera- figure.

The "Shamy" is mainstream-crap. Pretentious, superficial, meaningless.

Thats all.
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Jenger, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Nostalgia

Messages In This Thread
Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-10-2018, 03:51 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by CTR69 - 06-11-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by FlyingMonkey - 06-11-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 06-13-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Jela - 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: Hate Shamy? - by Nutz - 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM