Moon Pies Meemaw
Oh, that would be wonderful. (My money would be on diabolical. Sheldon got his sneaky side from somewhere.)
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
(03-11-2014, 09:34 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: Now that Raising Hope has been cancelled Cloris Leachman is available. Her Meemaw I could see calling Penny 'Amy' for an entire episode and refuse to accept she is wrong. And the audience would not be able to decide if she is dotty or diabolical.

Oh I just had a bolt of inspiration on this thought. In attempting to correct her. She concludes he has two friends named Amy and proceeds to refer to them as 'Spunky Amy' and 'Grumpy Amy'Angel
The following 2 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
I love Cloris Leachman but I'd rather see Carol Burnett as Meemaw.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • lewstonewar
(03-11-2014, 09:34 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: Now that Raising Hope has been cancelled Cloris Leachman is available. Her Meemaw I could see calling Penny 'Amy' for an entire episode and refuse to accept she is wrong. And the audience would not be able to decide if she is dotty or diabolical.

This reminds me of a wicked little fanfic, set in Texas I think - alas I can't remember the title, in which virtually everybody, including Sheldon at times, keeps mistaking Penny for his girlfriend. Usually right in front Amy too, who keeps exasperatedly whining throughout "Shellll-donnnn, *I'm* your girlfriend!" *smirk*

And to re-rail this thread now...LOVE Cloris Leachman! I could see her MeeMaw being a more user-friendly version of the "toxic granny" thing she has down pat.
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-11-2014, 11:08 PM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: This reminds me of a wicked little fanfic, set in Texas I think - alas I can't remember the title, in which virtually everybody, including Sheldon at times, keeps mistaking Penny for his girlfriend. Usually right in front Amy too, who keeps exasperatedly whining throughout "Shellll-donnnn, *I'm* your girlfriend!" *smirk*

And to re-rail this thread now...LOVE Cloris Leachman! I could see her MeeMaw being a more user-friendly version of the "toxic granny" thing she has down pat.

First, I want the name of that fic. Second they have a real chance here to do the character and by extension her grandson Sheldon right by NOT falling onto the Shamy lovefest. I really want to see her telling her grandson that he lives in his mind and she was hoping that he found someone to drag him out once in a while, (like that firecracker Penny) not lock him in. In the end, she loves her Moonpie and if he loves Amy she supports him. Notice I say him not them.

Question I word really liked answered: can you see this woman being a proper Meemaw to your grandchildren.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
I love MeeMaw. Actually I find the hints we get about how close Sheldon was to his grandparents to be very charming. The letters he hides under his pillow, and the grudge nursed against Santa Clause well into adulthood. I mean it's kind of process of elimination, since Sheldon has a presumably 'normal' brother, and sister, he would have seen his parents as closer to them, whereas older people, while not entertaining to most children, would have been great company for someone like Sheldon. He could have easily claimed them as 'his'. Witch makes Pop-pop's early death all the more heartbreaking, actually.

From what we've seen from the show, Sheldon's parents did try to make him 'normal'. Making him watch football so he could get to do his homework, bowling with Jesus, giving him a dirt bike for his birthday, etc. I'm not saying that it was wrong of them, or claiming I would known how to have handled a child genius any better. But I imagine that kind of thing would have made him cling even harder to MeeMaw. I could actually write a fluff piece about Sheldon and his MeeMaw on that premise alone Smile

That said, I wouldn't want to see the writers wreck my precious head-cannon. I mean there are so few things they haven't already ruined for me. Sheldon's 'homo novus' mentality, his confidence, etc. Penny's possible booming social life, the mechanical skills, Junior rodeo- I could go on, but I'd rather get off my soap box and simply state that I don't trust them not to ruin one of the few things about the show that still makes me happy.
The following 4 users Like muaaimoi's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, FranEssi, Nutz
(03-14-2014, 06:44 AM)muaaimoi Wrote: I love MeeMaw. Actually I find the hints we get about how close Sheldon was to his grandparents to be very charming. The letters he hides under his pillow, and the grudge nursed against Santa Clause well into adulthood. I mean it's kind of process of elimination, since Sheldon has a presumably 'normal' brother, and sister, he would have seen his parents as closer to them, whereas older people, while not entertaining to most children, would have been great company for someone like Sheldon. He could have easily claimed them as 'his'. Witch makes Pop-pop's early death all the more heartbreaking, actually.

From what we've seen from the show, Sheldon's parents did try to make him 'normal'. Making him watch football so he could get to do his homework, bowling with Jesus, giving him a dirt bike for his birthday, etc. I'm not saying that it was wrong of them, or claiming I would known how to have handled a child genius any better. But I imagine that kind of thing would have made him cling even harder to MeeMaw. I could actually write a fluff piece about Sheldon and his MeeMaw on that premise alone Smile

That said, I wouldn't want to see the writers wreck my precious head-cannon. I mean there are so few things they haven't already ruined for me. Sheldon's 'homo novus' mentality, his confidence, etc. Penny's possible booming social life, the mechanical skills, Junior rodeo- I could go on, but I'd rather get off my soap box and simply state that I don't trust them not to ruin one of the few things about the show that still makes me happy.

I agree, I'd like meemaw to stay untouched OR to never be used to justify the new direction and choices being made for this. She could be a voice on speaker phone or a bit like Mrs Wolowitz (never quite seen). There's too much potential to spoil her.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jislane35
I don't know what this is. I just found it when I was avoiding work. It's...marvelous...

[Image: 2sbvb5l.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, Jislane35, Trust No One, Nutz, Jomi25
It's an illustration to go with one of damalur's crack fic. I think it is actually called 'Moonpie and Meemaw'.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35
(03-22-2014, 05:56 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: I don't know what this is. I just found it when I was avoiding work. It's...marvelous...

[Image: 2sbvb5l.jpg]

This was great. I really worry about seeing Meemaw on the show with Amy in the picture. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35