Moon Pies Meemaw
Meemaw, we've heard about her, but she hasn't been seen yet. Who do you want to play her, and what would you like to see (or not see) in the episode.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The writers have discussed it but she's a bit like Penny's last name and Mrs Wolowitz. We saw fleeting glimpses of Mrs Wolowitz and that was enough for me. She's supposed to be the voice from the sidelines that never makes an appearance. I don't know if I want to see meemaw. It might spoil her.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 09:02 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The writers have discussed it but she's a bit like Penny's last name and Mrs Wolowitz. We saw fleeting glimpses of Mrs Wolowitz and that was enough for me. She's supposed to be the voice from the sidelines that never makes an appearance. I don't know if I want to see meemaw. It might spoil her.

I figure Meemaw is the writers' plan B when their current storylines dry up, or for sweeps. Though she is only brought up in passing most times, I'm sure she still has some pulling power in Sheldon's decisions.
...Ugh, but with all the changes to his character, god knows if that is even true anymore. Sad
Even if the writers were to have her make an appearance and she does have anything negative to say about Amy or any of Sheldon's relationships, it will be turned into a joke and the laughter reel will be queued.

I'm on the fence about her guest starring, BUT if I had to choose an actress to portray her, it would be Shirley MacLaine. Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
Oh yes I like the idea of Shirley MacLaine. I hope if they do bring in meemaw, that she's fiery and funny. For her to love such an odd child as Sheldon, she must have been a real eccentric. His siblings thought he was a freak and in some ways he was, but she called him nummy nummy Smile
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 09:31 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 09:02 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The writers have discussed it but she's a bit like Penny's last name and Mrs Wolowitz. We saw fleeting glimpses of Mrs Wolowitz and that was enough for me. She's supposed to be the voice from the sidelines that never makes an appearance. I don't know if I want to see meemaw. It might spoil her.

I figure Meemaw is the writers' plan B when their current storylines dry up, or for sweeps. Though she is only brought up in passing most times, I'm sure she still has some pulling power in Sheldon's decisions.
...Ugh, but with all the changes to his character, god knows if that is even true anymore. Sad
Even if the writers were to have her make an appearance and she does have anything negative to say about Amy or any of Sheldon's relationships, it will be turned into a joke and the laughter reel will be queued.

I'm on the fence about her guest starring, BUT if I had to choose an actress to portray her, it would be Shirley MacLaine. Big Grin

It would be great to see Meemaw on the show. I think Betty White has been mentioned as a possibility. I just hope Meemaw will not be a stooge to Amy like Wyatt was to Leonard.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-27-2014, 12:18 AM)ses1515 Wrote: It would be great to see Meemaw on the show. I think Betty White has been mentioned as a possibility. I just hope Meemaw will not be a stooge to Amy like Wyatt was to Leonard.

This worries us all and would be a great tragedy. Meemaw has to be a character for her own safe, not for any propping up of other plots. I think Jim wants Betty White.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35
I really don't want to see Meemaw because we all know she'll end up as just another happy passenger on the Shamy train. She won't approve of Amy at first but then Amy will do something to win her over and blah blah blah blah. It's as if I can already see it. It's become a cookie-cutter show with plug-and-play storylines.
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-27-2014, 10:35 PM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: I really don't want to see Meemaw because we all know she'll end up as just another happy passenger on the Shamy train. She won't approve of Amy at first but then Amy will do something to win her over and blah blah blah blah. It's as if I can already see it. It's become a cookie-cutter show with plug-and-play storylines.

This is the problem. He have seen what Meemaw will be like. Wyatt sadly gave us the preview. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-27-2014, 10:35 PM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: I really don't want to see Meemaw because we all know she'll end up as just another happy passenger on the Shamy train. She won't approve of Amy at first but then Amy will do something to win her over and blah blah blah blah. It's as if I can already see it. It's become a cookie-cutter show with plug-and-play storylines.

If Meemaw makes an appearance, her jumping on the Shamy bandwagon is inevitable. I accept that. Dodgy BUT it would be an awesome consolation prize if she would lay the smackdown on Leonard's homunculus ass for messing with her Moonpie. Somebody needs too, and I think a fiery Meemaw would be perfect for that. Its farfetched but I can dream, right?:
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
Now that Raising Hope has been cancelled Cloris Leachman is available. Her Meemaw I could see calling Penny 'Amy' for an entire episode and refuse to accept she is wrong. And the audience would not be able to decide if she is dotty or diabolical.
The following 3 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, muaaimoi