Screen Actors Guild Awards 2014
(01-20-2014, 12:40 AM)taffinabean Wrote: I'm not sad, I'm happy. They don't deserve it tbh, especially for best comedy series. All that would do is encourage more of this fuckery. Yes I know, they're going to keep up the fuckery anyway, but I don't need to see them getting industry accolades for it. I'm mean. Smile

I wouldn't mind Jim winning only because he's such a lovely man and despite the shitty writing and dumbing down of his character he pulls off Sheldon every week.

Me too. I'm not sad the show didn't win, season 6 started great and went downhill.

I also saw Shamys saying the hated Kaleys dress at GG. I thought it was beautiful. I'm not really a flowery girl but it was gorgeous on her.
(01-20-2014, 12:53 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 12:40 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Here's my opinion on this matter and I don't want to trash Mayim the person but, I do think the only and I mean only reason she's nominated is because she 's the main guy, who is popular, girlfriend.

I agree. Jim/Sheldon is the central character of the big bang theory no matter what anyone says. He's in almost every main storyline and even some of the subplots when he doesn't necessarily need to be. You just need to glance down wiki list of episodes and almost all the synopsis mention him first and foremost. It's his show. So that makes sense and would be the case for whomever they brought to be his girlfriend.

Yes he's the one who is used to market the show as well. TPTB can't possible think Johnny is the lead man, can they?

Anyway, I don't wanna get too OT in the SAG thread.

Regardless of my feelings on what they've done to the show, it's always nice to see the real people out and about all sitting together with their real life partners looking good.
Smile

(01-20-2014, 12:57 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 12:40 AM)taffinabean Wrote: I'm not sad, I'm happy. They don't deserve it tbh, especially for best comedy series. All that would do is encourage more of this fuckery. Yes I know, they're going to keep up the fuckery anyway, but I don't need to see them getting industry accolades for it. I'm mean. Smile

I wouldn't mind Jim winning only because he's such a lovely man and despite the shitty writing and dumbing down of his character he pulls off Sheldon every week.

Me too. I'm not sad the show didn't win, season 6 started great and went downhill.

I also saw Shamys saying the hated Kaleys dress at GG. I thought it was beautiful. I'm not really a flowery girl but it was gorgeous on her.
It reminded me of a beautiful water color painting and again very romantic. She looked stunning in it.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(01-20-2014, 12:59 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 12:53 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 12:40 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Here's my opinion on this matter and I don't want to trash Mayim the person but, I do think the only and I mean only reason she's nominated is because she 's the main guy, who is popular, girlfriend.

I agree. Jim/Sheldon is the central character of the big bang theory no matter what anyone says. He's in almost every main storyline and even some of the subplots when he doesn't necessarily need to be. You just need to glance down wiki list of episodes and almost all the synopsis mention him first and foremost. It's his show. So that makes sense and would be the case for whomever they brought to be his girlfriend.

Yes he's the one who is used to market the show as well. TPTB can't possible think Johnny is the lead man, can they?

Anyway, I don't wanna get too OT in the SAG thread.

Regardless of my feelings on what they've done to the show, it's always nice to see the real people out and about all sitting together with their real life partners looking good.
Smile

(01-20-2014, 12:57 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

It reminded me of a beautiful water color painting and again very romantic. She looked stunning in it.

Yeah Mayims dress is very, Edwardian maybe? I like her styling but it kind of emphasizes the old-fashion look. I have read that because of religious reasons she dresses conservatively, arms covered and such, but I have seen her still do that with a much better dress.

I love Kaleys dress. Her Golden Globes dress, I liked the style and cut but the material, at first I was not a fan. I saw it described as "bed-in-a-bag". Yeah, it does kind of have that duvet look to it. The more you see it though the better it looks, very romantic I wonder if it is one of those dresses that just does not photograph well but looks good in person.

I think Melissas dress was chosen to de-emphasize her bust. So they really emphasize her waistline. I think the dress is pretty. Nothing really standout about it but fine.

apparently Kaley was sick last night

I was not at all suprised that none of the actors or that show won anything. The show hasnt really won much that wasnt fan based. No Emmys or Golden Globes or SAGs. A couple of Satellite Awards, and a critics choice. They did get a Best 10 Television Program award from AFI, but that was way back in 2009. I did note that the crew won an Emmy for technical work in 2013, for camera work and other technical aspects of the show. Listening to how they nominate shows for awards I think that the shows popularity gets them the nomination but the actual writing is not going to get them the win. I also think the more they knock the Sheldon character down the less Jim will win.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 2 users Like Gamma's post:
  • taffinabean, Jislane35
I hate to say it but I'm glad they didn't win anything. The show has gotten so campy in the past few seasons. It's not nearly as sharp and witty as it used to be.
The following 4 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Wisp, taffinabean, Jislane35, Berliner
(01-20-2014, 04:08 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: I hate to say it but I'm glad they didn't win anything. The show has gotten so campy in the past few seasons. It's not nearly as sharp and witty as it used to be.

True. It's not as clever as it once was so I'm glad it didn't win either, it would send the wrong message. Hopefully they'll have a little rethink after these results but I'm not holding my breath.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • taffinabean, Jislane35
(01-20-2014, 04:26 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 04:08 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: I hate to say it but I'm glad they didn't win anything. The show has gotten so campy in the past few seasons. It's not nearly as sharp and witty as it used to be.

True. It's not as clever as it once was so I'm glad it didn't win either, it would send the wrong message. Hopefully they'll have a little rethink after these results but I'm not holding my breath.

RETHINK? Don't be silly. Tongue *sighs* I hate to say it bu I was glad they didn't win too.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35

I'm with you, we're bitter but rightfully so. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Jislane35