The Sweater Vested Metrosexual
What you really wish you could say, every time someone is being annoying:

[Image: 2r2u355.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, CassandraElise
After watching this early clip, I'm wondering if he just doesn't listen to women, but carries on this internal monologue, and sings Bollywood tunes. After seeing Penny ring Raj's parents, when he went out with deaf woman. I'm starting to wonder who I would trust; Sheldon at least tells the truth, and when he spoke to Leonard's mother about him, it was part of an ongoing dialogue. Howard doesn't seem devious, and only exaggerates to make himself seem more successful with women.

I can't really say I know a lot about Raj to present him to the masses but I was curious to know what favorite scenes people had with him. Perhaps a poll like Louise did with Howard? Was just curious since the poor guy gets overlooked so much on the show that I wondered if there were things I was missing about him, too.
Let's go exploring!
The following 1 user Likes wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Louise
(11-04-2014, 08:16 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: I can't really say I know a lot about Raj to present him to the masses but I was curious to know what favorite scenes people had with him. Perhaps a poll like Louise did with Howard? Was just curious since the poor guy gets overlooked so much on the show that I wondered if there were things I was missing about him, too.

This is so true. It's embarassing, because Raj is one of my fave characters, and yet I can't bring to mind many of his "shining moments", except for the really obvious ones. He is def. neglected. We'll have to do some "research" and come up with some "best of Raj" moments...
The following 3 users Like Louise's post:
  • wellplayedpenny, queenoftheDales, CassandraElise
Raj seems to have two distinct persona; he's either [Image: tumblr_inline_ml35ofyO0s1qz4rgp.gif] or after he's had a drink.

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
There is also a third aspect of Raj that's only hinted at: Howard's 'wing man'. Raj is more than willing to go to a Goth club, out to the market to hit on hippy chicks, square dancing, etc in the hopes of attracting a woman.
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales
I'm glad he exits between those two extremes, because they aren't pleasant. I wonder if the former is how he feels in US, and the later how he acts in India. They've had alot of fun hinting at his and Howard's relationship. I think he was more than just a wing man(although I just want to say I hate that expression). Ersatz. Complicated. Repressed. [Image: 200_s.gif]
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Louise
I was going to say that it was interesting that Howard found a way to 'temper the douche' so to speak even as he brings Raj into his own. After all, Howard went to bars, etc, by himself (the Falcon after all). Raj then went along and as can be seen in Gothowitz he looks forward to these times of potential conquest. Howard brought him out of his shell much better than alcohol did. I may be wrong (it's late here) but Raj had his romantic trysts when he was mute as opposed to when he drank and treated his women dates horribly. Howard was the knock at the door Raj needed.
Let's go exploring!
Obviously I'm no expert, but I'm starting to wonder if he had selective mutism, or just lacked confidence. He only, selected women he was attracted to, not to talk to. Maybe it was a drink(or even the belief that he had a drink, when talking Ms. Glau), that gave him his confidence. Sometimes too much. He's one of the characters that need to be with someone(or dog) to feel happy. Yes, he would have been lost without Howard. I enjoy the whole of his relationship with Siri.

I now don't believe he had selective mutism, because that takes therapy to cure. Raj started talking to 'women he found attractive', after Lucy ended their relationship. I think he realised that silence kept the illusion of the exotic foreigner. [Image: giphy.gif]