10 Years Later: 1.10 The Loobenfeld Decay
Season 1, Episode 10 - The Loobenfeld Decay (First Aired on March 24, 2008)
[Image: 2869451e49104ccb5edec0.jpg]

Leonard lies to Penny so that he and Sheldon can get out of watching her perform. However, Sheldon believes that the lie has too many loose ends, so he comes up with a new, unnecessarily complex one to replace it.

Canon Facts:
  • This episode is the first time that Sheldon's trademark knock turns up, when he knocks on Leonard's bedroom door
  • Aired on Jim Parsons' 35th birthday
  • Despite being described as a mysaphobe, Sheldon takes out the packed chicken he had previously threw in the garbage bin for consumption later, as he doesn't like waste as well
  • Sheldon's make-believe cousin is from Denton, TX
  • The song that Penny sings at the beginning of the show is "Out Tonight" from the musical RENT

I miss this Sheldon. Arrogant, naïve, goes above and beyond for a friend and can't lie worth a spit. Damn, this was a great episode

Favorite Scenes/Quotes:

Leonard: No, see, the liquid metal terminators were created in the future by Skynet, and Skynet was developed by Miles Dyson but that future no longer exists due to Dyson's death in Terminator 2.
Sheldon: Okay. Then riddle me this: assuming all the good Terminators were originally evil Terminators created by Skynet but then reprogrammed by the future John Connor, why would Skynet, an artificial computer intelligence, bother to create a petite, hot, 17-year old killer robot?
Leonard: Skynet is kinky? I dunno.
Sheldon: Artificial intelligences do not have teen fetishes.

Blossom
Leonard: I already told her a lie. Why replace it with a different lie?
Sheldon: Well, first of all, your lie was laughably transparent, where mine is exquisitely convoluted. While you were sleeping, I was weaving an un-unravelable web.

Blossom
Penny: Do you have any idea what time it is?
Sheldon: Of course I do. My watch is linked to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado. It's accurate to one-tenth of a second. But as I'm saying this, it occurs to me that once again your question may have been rhetorical.

Blossom
Sheldon: Remember how Leonard told you we couldn't come to your performance because we were attending a symposium on molecular positronium?
Penny: I remember symposium.
Sheldon: Yes, well, he lied.
Penny: Wait, what?
Sheldon: He lied, and I'm feeling very uncomfortable about it.
Penny: Well, imagine how I'm feeling.
Sheldon: Hungry? Tired? I'm sorry this really isn't my strong suit.

Blossom
Toby: How about this as my motivation? When I was fourteen years old, I was abused in the Philippines by a clubfooted Navy chaplain.
Sheldon: No. We're going with middle child and a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production.
Toby: Well, how do I play genetic predisposition?
Sheldon: Subtextually, of course!

Blossom
Howard: It's your Millennium Falcon, you and Chewbacca can do whatever you want to. Me and Princess Leia here'll find some other way to spend the evening.

Blossom
Sheldon: [discussing why Leonard lied to Penny to get out of hearing her sing] Then I suppose you could have agreed to go.
Leonard: And, what would I have said afterwards?
Sheldon: I would suggest something to the effect of: "Singing is neither an appropriate vocation, nor avocation for you, and if you disagree, I'd recommend you have a CAT scan to look a tumor pressing on the cognitive processing centers of your brain!"

Blossom
Toby: [on couch with Penny] This is amazing. Just sitting on a couch watching TV with a woman. Not being drunk or, or high, or, or wondering if you're a dude down there.
Penny: Leo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy. You're going to do OK.
Toby: One day at a time, Penny. [puts his head on her shoulder] One day at a time.
Leonard: [in kitchen, to Sheldon] How long is he going to stay here?
Sheldon: He's a homeless drug addict, Leonard; where is he going to go? Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant