0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.17 The Athenaeum Allocation
"Leonard jumps through hoops to help secure the perfect wedding venue for Sheldon and Amy. Also, Bernadette and Wolowitz have a hard time deciding who should stay at home with the kids and who should go back to work."

Promo pictures are here

Not much to report.

Chopped off Amy...

Attached Files Image(s)

Shenny looking at their wedding invitations (the only worthy moment).

[Image: Capture11x17.jpg]

If the scanned brains kissing is the Shamy symbol, this should be one for Shenny:

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fst2.depositphotos.com%2F...ng.jpg&f=1]
The following 3 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Ratman77

I don't watch the show anymore. I check out the TR and see if there's any Shenny scenes and sometimes watch the promos and sneak peeks but I can't help but wonder how these scenes would be with Penny, instead of Amy.

Take this promo. Sheldon says :

“I’m really happy with our wedding date. The month squared equated the square of the sum of the members of the set of prime factors of the day. Isn’t that romantic?”

And Amy answers back “Yes it’s like that Shakespeare sonnet, Shell I compare thee to a day that’s also a really weird math problem.”

And I can’t help thinking that kaley is WAY better equipped to deliver that line. Penny would be much funnier saying that. Just TONS FUNNIER!! Wish I could hack a video together to prove it.

After 30 seconds of that sneak peek, I had to stop. Confused Listening to them talk about a wedding venue made my stomach turn. Ugh! They are so charmless. How can anyone be a Shamy? I see nothing in them but an awkward forcing of characters.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Ratman77, CTR69
Why the devil do they have Amy talking like Penny now? Wasn't the entire (excruciating, ham-fisted) point of Amy that she (and she alone, his friends don't count, apparently) connected with Sheldon on an intellectual level, and they had a similar appreciation for science-based humour? I'm fairly sure Season 4 Amy would have replied with something equally "weird", not a sarcastic comment.

I've noticed this before, these past few years, that they seem to be trying to replicate the grand old Sheldon/Penny interactions with Sheldon/Amy ones. There's been some almost identical set-ups...

It would have been less damaging to the character of Amy, and also less dull for the show, to simply bring back the actual Sheldon/Penny interactions.

I also haven't watched the show for the past few years, but glance at previews and scripts (out of some combination of artistic curiosity and masochism) like the rest of you. The writing is a sharp as ever, it's just the focus of the plots (weddings, arguing couples and baby troubles aren't my cup of Bordeaux), and the existence of certain characters and their soul-draining delivery that puts me off. Also of course the eradication of Sheldon's original intelligent, independent alien personality.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 7 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingMonkey, Nutz, chaotic temptation, Ratman77, CTR69
I know that there are viewers (and especially 'Shamy'-fans) who  have the opinion that Penny and Sheldon are like sister and brother but for me Amy and Sheldon were-from the beginning-like sister and brother. They never had the intimate bond and chemistry to be a romantic couple, only to be siblings in minds. Not more or less.

And-how 'Tuesday' and 'Idle' pointed out-that there is the fact that the writers are trying to copy the 'Shenny'-scenes and interactions they show that they are knowing IT with no words.
They know that Penny and Sheldon would be (are) the better (perfect) couple.Why else they should make this (dull) effort to imitate 'Shenny' with 'Shamy'?

On one side there is a certain triumph for us because they confess IT indirectly. On the other hand he question only gets louder: Why, to hell, the authors do not let the 'Shenny' happen?

It is not explainable.

[Image: Sheldon-Shakes-His-Head-To-James-Earl-Jo...Theory.gif]

But folks, 'Shennys', friends.
We will see, at the end we-and the 'Shenny' will win.

[Image: Sieger.gif]

I am convinced.
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Ah, Ratman's tireless optimism...a sunbeam through the haar of bitterness... Wine

Personally I'm not sure I'd want them together, post Season 4. Sheldon would have to detoddlerise himself first, and Penny would have to regain her will to live.

I just want their frienemyship (yes that's a dreadful word) and original characters back.

But anyroad, it's employing some excellent actors and writers, so that's grand. It's hard getting work as an artist!

I just wish comedies were barred from permanent romances. That way EVERYONE could just enjoy the writing without feeling like they're being forced to endure their neighbour's private marital disputes. Perhaps the TBBT fandom could actually be united! God forbid.

Seinfeld had the right idea. So did Blackadder, Mighty Boosh, Black Books...Even Frasier had no permanent relationships other than Niles and Daphne, and John Mahoney (alas!) said it went downhill after they got married, because Niles became less fussy and Daphne less weird. They became human. But who wants that!

Watching ships you dislike intensely plough on relentlessly through the mire is like being stuck in Wonka's nightmare tunnel...

[Image: tumblr_o8ioz70FD51s7xfipo8_500.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Ratman77, Nutz
Hey 'Idle'!

Thank you for your friendly feedback. Smile

On "serienjunkies" I have read that Mister Steven Holland said that he would not be interested in children at the show, because "TBBT", in his opinion, does not deal with families or relationships but with science and pop-culture.

The last episodes, in which it was nothing about relationships, had positive resonance by the viewers.

Who knows, perhaps there will be a return to the roots of the show. And is this not only possible if they take also the characters back to their roots? As you wrote, a return to their original characters and their frienemyship (cool word). Big Grin

But was this status not also the factor that brought us to see more in Penny and Sheldon than quasi-siblings or only good friends? Which brought this chemistry and this tension?

A german 'Shenny-shipper ' wrote that she wishes that Sheldon, on the day of the wedding, recognizes how batty Amy is and run away with Penny, who realizes that she and Leonard have absolutely nothing in common.

You are right. Ships you don' like are terrible and how longer they persist, they become become a (slow) tortur.

[Image: tumblr_mh1kpmMmwd1qg3g39o3_250.gif]

But if there will be really a return to the original qualities and characters (one is not possible without the other), why should it not possible that we will see how Penny and Sheldon will wake up and realize what manipulative puppeteers Amy and Leonard are?

Everyone can defeat his 'evil spirit'.

[Image: vader-kills-palpatine.gif]

Only the right moment has to come. Wink

So let see us this statement of Mister Holland as a good omen and let us be
optimistic.

All is still possible.
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Nutz, Idle Miscreant, CTR69, Tuesday Pajamas