The Big Bounce
(11-28-2017, 07:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: According to a new theory of the universe, it's more of a bounce than a Bang....

Brazilian physicist... Juliano Cesar Silva Neves porposes that the universe is cyclic and there was no beginning to it.

Perhaps we can use The Big Bounce Theory as the place where our Hypothetical Shenny exists? Big Grin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/5017045/bi...ig-crunch/

If bounce is how it happens and we are energy, I'm getting a big repeato reincarnation vibe about this science... Shock

So wait, how the heck does the Universe contract on itself? Is this guy saying that after a fixed amount of time or a certain "length" of expansion, the universe contracts and then "re-expands"? If so, how fast is the rate of collapse? Instantaneous or would we all see it coming at "X" speed/rate?

Or is he saying there's /some/ kind of event that happens at some point(It might differ in terms of time from universe to universe) that goes off and everything "restarts"?

Also, that sounds like one of those "arguments" about the universe/our actions being pre-determined and repeated time and time again.

(09-29-2018, 12:30 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: Here's an interesting scientist, Dr. Dudley Buck(new to me). He is credited with inventing the Cryotron, ferroelectric memory, content addressed memory, and developments in electron beam lithography. He was a key figure in the development of the computer. What's also interesting is that in 1958 as a goodwill gesture to Russia, some of it's best scientist were invited to study in the US. Of course they all turned out to be KGB agents. After 7 Soviet scientists visited Dr Buck at MIT, both he and Dr. Ridenour, died of a mysterious illness on the same day. Reminds me of the Skripal poisoning.
http://www.dudleybuck.com/

Man, that sucks. I wonder what else he could've made if he had been alive longer. As an aside, whatever came of the Skripal Poisoning? I haven't kept up on that.

Messages In This Thread
The Big Bounce - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-28-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-21-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-29-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: The Big Bounce - by Nostalgia - 09-29-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: The Big Bounce - by ricardo shillyshally - 09-29-2018, 08:19 PM