10 Years Later: 1.3 The Fuzzy Boots Corollary
Season 1, Episode 3 - The Fuzzy Boots Corollary (First Aired on October 8, 2007)

[Image: the-fuzzy-boots-corollary-11.jpg]

Leonard gets upset when he discovers that Penny is seeing a new guy, so he tries to trick her into going on a date with him.

Canon Facts:
  • Leonard's full name is Leonard Leakey Hofstadter
  • Leslie Winkle is introduced as a character
  • First time the key bowl is seen next to the door

This episode solidified (for me) that Sheldon WAS the main character. Every scene with him is hysterical from him "stealing" the sword of Azeroth to his "helping" Leonard get ready for his "date". Interestingly, while Leonard lost a lot of likability points with me by his stalking behavior towards Penny, I fell more in love with Howards perv character.

Favorite Quotes/Moments
:
The entire opening scene (The Gates Of Elzebub)

Blossom
Sheldon: Okay, look. Ahem. I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker. Nevertheless, I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you. You did not ask her out.
Leonard: You're right. I didn't ask her out. I should ask her out.
Sheldon: No, no, no. That was not my point. My point was, don't buy a cat.
Blossom

Leonard: I'm fine. Penny's fine. The guy she's kissing is really fine.
Wolowitz: Kissing? What kind of kissing? Cheeks? Lips? Chase? French?
Leonard: What is wrong with you?
Wolowitz: I'm a romantic!

Blossom
Sheldon: Well, at least now you can retrieve the black box from the twisted smoldering wreckage that was once your fantasy of dating her and analyze the data so that you don't crash into geek mountain again.
Wolowitz: I disagree, love is not a sprint, it's a marathon. A relentless pursuit that only ends when she falls into your arms. Or hits you with the pepper spray...

Blossom

“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons