Penny Blossom
(03-11-2014, 03:29 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Except you know it won't be Penny that gets to be the sensitive caring empathic one with the right word at the right time. That part will go to the Writer's Pet.

(And then there will be alcohol and probably some very bad judgement. And things that make everyone want to claw out their eyes and wash the sockets with bleach.)

Book it Space. We all know who will be the sensitive caring one. I'd just love to see Jim do an episode like this. It reminds me of Family Ties episode and Alex's friend dying in the car crash and Alex needed help. Jim would nail this type of episode.
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, queenoftheDales, Jislane35
This is a great manip of Penny...

[Image: 10002915_631331626920509_1664073438_n.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, ricardo shillyshally
(03-23-2014, 02:40 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: This is a great manip of Penny...

[Image: 10002915_631331626920509_1664073438_n.jpg]

Beautiful, if only Sheldon would get a load of her in that outfit. Amy wouldn't fit it especially since she'd have to wear a frizzy crap wig, she'd look bland standing next to Penny in her Star Fleet uniform. I may even think about sketching up a pic where Sheldon is flying on her back with his arms wrapped around her, she'd show him the universe. He's the brain while she's the muscle. Perfect duo.
The following 3 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • lewstonewar, queenoftheDales, Trust No One
We need this Penny back. She looks like she's conscious and sober and not pissed off with the world.
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, lewstonewar, devilbk
(03-23-2014, 03:44 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Beautiful, if only Sheldon would get a load of her in that outfit. Amy wouldn't fit it especially since she'd have to wear a frizzy crap wig, she'd look bland standing next to Penny in her Star Fleet uniform. I may even think about sketching up a pic where Sheldon is flying on her back with his arms wrapped around her, she'd show him the universe. He's the brain while she's the muscle. Perfect duo.

I'd love to see a picture like you described Jis. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
I'm only watching classic TBBT. But from what you're saying they must be emasculating both Penny and Sheldon. Another favourite episode; Penny retrieves Sheldon's 'Glen the Battle Osterich', from Todd Zarnecki. She's the only one of the group who had any 'balls'!

Why Does that make me laugh! I need professional help!!!
The following 4 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, Trust No One, Tuesday Pajamas
(04-14-2014, 12:28 AM)pilot fish Wrote: I'm only watching classic TBBT. But from what you're saying they must be emasculating both Penny and Sheldon. Another favourite episode; Penny retrieves Sheldon's 'Glen the Battle Osterich', from Todd Zarnecki. She's the only one of the group who had any 'balls'!

Why Does that make me laugh! I need professional help!!!

This Penny feels like 100 years ago. She cannot even stand up to Leonard now. Sad
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
I know this has been talked about, but it does seem like they created Penny as half a character. No mother, no surname! It's just like she was only created to be made whole by L. What a fiendish idea! I think it was only when Jim/Sheldon and Kaley/Penny, started interacting, that she became a real person. We should definetely celebrate their fun/infuriating times together.

Long live the Sheldon and Penny Show!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • devilbk, Jislane35
(04-24-2014, 10:54 PM)pilot fish Wrote: I know this has been talked about, but it does seem like they created Penny as half a character. No mother, no surname! It's just like she was only created to be made whole by L. What a fiendish idea! I think it was only when Jim/Sheldon and Kaley/Penny, started interacting, that she became a real person. We should definetely celebrate their fun/infuriating times together.

Long live the Sheldon and Penny Show!

I honestly believe that everyone in the gang can be taken out of the show sans Sheldon and Penny and the show would still survive. They can always bring in newer and far better secondary characters for them to interact with. New friends that help them because they willingly want to, give them good advice when needed most, have good jusgement, have fun with them and their hobbies, have a lot of things in common with both of them, humorous, light-hearted.

Basically people who accept Sheldon and Penny for all that they are and will never try to change them for their own selfish reasons. They don't even have to be a certain age or gender. Hell it could be an old man, homeless person, comic artist, single mother, video game expert, plumber, college student, officer, soldier, librarian, another scientist from a different university, teacher, or even a teenager for all I care! Whatever! I just want those two to become closer together without having the gang invade and damage that intimacy that's always been taken away from them by the other characters. Meet people who help them through their careers and maybe even see the potential between Shenny which also helps Sheldon and Penny have a better relationship with each other thanks to the help and acceptance of their new friends who have built their confidence and respect for themselves back up. They start to realize all of the mistakes that the gang has done to them and apologize to each other for being blinded by their lies and manipulation that's lead to their poor treatment of each other over the years after dating Leonard and Amy.

But you're right Penny was nothing more but an accessory for Leonard, she wasn't meant to grow as a character but until she started interacting with Sheldon that changed everything. She became a little more interesting and some of the fans started to like her. Whenever she's around Leonard they always show her worst traits. And on top of that she almost always has a bottle of wine in her hand or close by.Literally.

And now Sheldon is going through that same phase as well, he's becoming an accessory for Amy. I truly don't understand why the Shamy's (including Lenny's) want their #1 favorite characters, their idols really, to be paired up with the characters they just can't stand. It's almost as if they HATE them and the only way for them to start liking them is if they obey the commands that come from Lamy and surrender everything they have for them. Or to admit that without them they're 'nothing'. They want to beat them down until they cry for mercy, it's pretty frightening. O_O
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally
I think they could have created two different shows, but only one would have survived. Yes I've often thought, within the main group; why did they all have to be scientists. Maybe the four main characters, but after that open it out, make it more interesting. All nerds aren't scientists! It's strange, because on TV and in real life, we see couples, and think they are so right for each other. But relationships are basically a compromise, someone has to compromise. Marriages are more like business agreements. So I suppose it's complicated, where ever!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35