Penny Blossom
(01-26-2014, 10:33 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 03:43 PM)FranEssi Wrote: That was quite a disgusting manipulation technique his mother taught him, wasn't it?

It kind of reminds me of Amy cooking Sheldon's favorite meal and playing his favorite music to have him shift his love for other people and things to a love for her. That was yet another manipulation technique. It's also amazing how Amy picks and chooses which of Sheldon's issues need to go and which ones need to stay. Apparently, Sheldon's 'need for closure' has to go but his 'need for repetition' can stay since Amy is planning to put it into good use someday. (Sorry, I don't know why, but I find that particular statement by Amy - along with her statement about her 5-year plan - extremely disturbing and sickening).

And Leonard is doing the same manipulations with Penny: he steals her mail so he can talk to her; as you pointed out he does nothing to help her with her drinking problem but at the same time he criticizes her for it; he uses his childhood issues and her insecurities to get pity sex from her; and who knows, he may have indeed found out about her father's cologne to have her have more sex with him.

Leonard and Amy, they are similar in many ways.

Oh they are identical in their motivation, they are just at different stages of their plan.

The episode where Amy cooks for Sheldon has some funny scenes and I did quite enjoy it but the intention is manipulation and this is something I have a problem with, in regards to shamy.

In comparison, Penny knows that Sheldon is a whackadoodle. It annoys and amuses her but there's a complete acceptance of this as an unchanging fact and this is what he really needs. She's also a stronger woman emotionally than Amy and can stand toe to toe with him and still make us laugh. Also Penny, is no angel, she needs a guy she can't push around and Sheldon is the only one on the show who fits that bill.

That was the old Penny, the new Penny is a spineless drunk who cuts down Sheldon more than she sides with him. Apparently after a touching Shenny scene the correct thing for the writers to do is make it crystal clear to EVERYONE that Penny & Sheldon aren't a couple, will never be a couple, and only stand each other because if their deep love of Leonard. (Again, vomit icon needed)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Trust No One, Jislane35
(02-01-2014, 03:02 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 10:33 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 03:43 PM)FranEssi Wrote: That was quite a disgusting manipulation technique his mother taught him, wasn't it?

It kind of reminds me of Amy cooking Sheldon's favorite meal and playing his favorite music to have him shift his love for other people and things to a love for her. That was yet another manipulation technique. It's also amazing how Amy picks and chooses which of Sheldon's issues need to go and which ones need to stay. Apparently, Sheldon's 'need for closure' has to go but his 'need for repetition' can stay since Amy is planning to put it into good use someday. (Sorry, I don't know why, but I find that particular statement by Amy - along with her statement about her 5-year plan - extremely disturbing and sickening).

And Leonard is doing the same manipulations with Penny: he steals her mail so he can talk to her; as you pointed out he does nothing to help her with her drinking problem but at the same time he criticizes her for it; he uses his childhood issues and her insecurities to get pity sex from her; and who knows, he may have indeed found out about her father's cologne to have her have more sex with him.

Leonard and Amy, they are similar in many ways.

Oh they are identical in their motivation, they are just at different stages of their plan.

The episode where Amy cooks for Sheldon has some funny scenes and I did quite enjoy it but the intention is manipulation and this is something I have a problem with, in regards to shamy.

In comparison, Penny knows that Sheldon is a whackadoodle. It annoys and amuses her but there's a complete acceptance of this as an unchanging fact and this is what he really needs. She's also a stronger woman emotionally than Amy and can stand toe to toe with him and still make us laugh. Also Penny, is no angel, she needs a guy she can't push around and Sheldon is the only one on the show who fits that bill.

That was the old Penny, the new Penny is a spineless drunk who cuts down Sheldon more than she sides with him. Apparently after a touching Shenny scene the correct thing for the writers to do is make it crystal clear to EVERYONE that Penny & Sheldon aren't a couple, will never be a couple, and only stand each other because if their deep love of Leonard. (Again, vomit icon needed)

You get the sense as if Penny almost gets jealous of Sheldon and lashes out at him. Not sure this makes sense?
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
That makes sense and is a definite possibility, but I think she is deflecting more than anything. Making cracks at everyone else (no matter how well placed they are) takes the focus off of the fact that she has nothing to show for herself but Leonard. Dodgy And that is nothing to brag about.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz
OK, what is going on with our girl? She seems to be on a path of self-destruction, drinking alcohol and staying in a relationship that is boring at best and abusive at worst, and nobody (not herself, not her friends, not her parents) seems to care. (By the way, where are Penny's parents? Do they care how she is doing? When was the last time we heard of or saw Wyatt? We don't know anything about her mother either. Is she ever going to appear on the Show?)

I hope at least her quitting waitressing and pursuing her acting job again is something that she is going to stick with and that is going to lead to some positive changes in her life.
The following 4 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Toad, Berliner, queenoftheDales, Jislane35
(02-07-2014, 06:27 PM)FranEssi Wrote: OK, what is going on with our girl? She seems to be on a path of self-destruction, drinking alcohol and staying in a relationship that is boring at best and abusive at worst, and nobody (not herself, not her friends, not her parents) seems to care. (By the way, where are Penny's parents? Do they care how she is doing? When was the last time we heard of or saw Wyatt? We don't know anything about her mother either. Is she ever going to appear on the Show?)

I hope at least her quitting waitressing and pursuing her acting job again is something that she is going to stick with and that is going to result in some more positive changes in her life.

Yes, I'm worried about Penny too ... well since Season 4 to be honest lol. She needs to dump the needy baby, greedy baby asap and get the Gollum off her back. It's the only way to escape her "prison".
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 4 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, CassandraElise, Toad
(02-07-2014, 06:27 PM)FranEssi Wrote: OK, what is going on with our girl? She seems to be on a path of self-destruction, drinking alcohol and staying in a relationship that is boring at best and abusive at worst, and nobody (not herself, not her friends, not her parents) seems to care. (By the way, where are Penny's parents? Do they care how she is doing? When was the last time we heard of or saw Wyatt? We don't know anything about her mother either. Is she ever going to appear on the Show?)

I hope at least her quitting waitressing and pursuing her acting job again is something that she is going to stick with and that is going to result in some more positive changes in her life.

The last time Wyatt called her was when she had gotten her NCIS part cut out asking if he should personally go down to the studio and give them a piece of his mind and I remember during season 4 he had asked Leonard for a favor and that was to look out after his daughter so he probably thinks that Leonard has got everything under control for him. What a great dad...

I think about two or three years ago I read an article saying that they were thinking of bringing in Penny's mom but they haven't made a firm decision on that just yet and I think it said something about her being a cougar so you already know what's coming.

If Penny continues to be a failure on her acting then she really is at a dead end and will soon ask for Leonard's hand since its apparently the 'only thing she's got left'. But Leonard could care less about her not pursuing her one dream because for him it means that she'll have less of a chance of leaving him and then it'll be HIM who becomes successful and not her, he'll finally start to REALLY feel out of her league if her ever wins the Nobel before Sheldon does. Penny did say that she'd marry for money this season so that's kind of foreshadowing things IMO.
The following 3 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • FranEssi, queenoftheDales, Nutz
I was over on the main site reading about the Cheesecake Scented Goddess (brilliant, btwHeartBlossom ) and this made me shake my head:

Penny is the champion. The warrioress. The true heroine of the piece. She will do something for everyone, except herself. Adding an essential touch of humanity to the show, she sparkles in every scene she inhabits. Who needs a last name? She's Queen Penelope.

I want Queen Penelope backSadSad

What did tptb do to her?!!!Angry
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!penny/cjg9
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, Nutz
(02-08-2014, 09:12 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: I was over on the main site reading about the Cheesecake Scented Goddess (brilliant, btwHeartBlossom ) and this made me shake my head:

Penny is the champion. The warrioress. The true heroine of the piece. She will do something for everyone, except herself. Adding an essential touch of humanity to the show, she sparkles in every scene she inhabits. Who needs a last name? She's Queen Penelope.

I want Queen Penelope backSadSad

What did tptb do to her?!!!Angry
http://www.shennyhq.com/#!penny/cjg9

Ruined her completely. The new female characters are taking the limelight and her character has being downgraded to loser. I don't know why Penny would know any of these people.
The following 2 users Like Moonbase's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz
(02-08-2014, 02:45 PM)Moonbase Wrote: Ruined her completely. The new female characters are taking the limelight and her character has being downgraded to loser. I don't know why Penny would know any of these people.

Don't forget that Amy now rolls her eyes over Penny. Rolleyes Kind of perverted, don't you think? Sock
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Jislane35, FlyingMonkey
Penny Penny Penny.
I still hold out hope that my girl gets back to the Old Penny one day...

[Image: big-bang-theory-leonard-penny-sheldon-photo-1.jpg]

[Image: 5a47c5a39e46ea04a67eb223522615f2.png?itok=uycwugk1]

Cousin Leopold approvesBig Grin
[Image: The_Loobenfeld_Decay_image.jpg]
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, FranEssi, Berliner