Penny Blossom
Suggestions for thread title:
- Blonde Goddess
- Queen of the Nerds
-
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
(01-24-2014, 02:34 AM)Berliner Wrote: Suggestions for thread title:
- Blonde Goddess
- Queen of the Nerds
-

- The Cheesecake Scented Goddess

-The Junior Rodeo Queen
The following 2 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • Berliner, Trust No One
(01-24-2014, 03:06 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:
- Blonde Goddess
- Queen of the Nerds
-

-The Junior Rodeo Queen

I like yours better actually. Smile
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-24-2014, 03:14 AM)Berliner Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 03:06 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:
- Blonde Goddess
- Queen of the Nerds
-

-The Junior Rodeo Queen

I like yours better actually. Smile

Thank youSmile
There's also nothing wrong with just Penny. It's to the point Smile
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-24-2014, 03:34 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: There's also nothing wrong with just Penny. It's to the point Smile

How about Penny Blossom?
The following 2 users Like Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Tuesday Pajamas
(01-23-2014, 12:57 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Penny's daddy issues are pretty well documented between her breakdown with Leonard's mother about her childhood as "slugger" and her begging Leonard to play her boyfriend when her dad showed up.

Let's not forget the advice Beverly gave her son before leaving him "if you want sexual relations with that girl, find out what kind of cologne her father wears" (which I'm sure he did).

This was deeply unsettling, and yes, I suspect he did.

I think Penny was a son substitute when her older brother started going off the rails, and then when she got pretty and started noticing boys, her father didn't know how to relate to her. I think she's the youngest? I got that impression.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-24-2014, 04:00 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 12:57 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Penny's daddy issues are pretty well documented between her breakdown with Leonard's mother about her childhood as "slugger" and her begging Leonard to play her boyfriend when her dad showed up.

Let's not forget the advice Beverly gave her son before leaving him "if you want sexual relations with that girl, find out what kind of cologne her father wears" (which I'm sure he did).

This was deeply unsettling, and yes, I suspect he did.

I think Penny was a son substitute when her older brother started going off the rails, and then when she got pretty and started noticing boys, her father didn't know how to relate to her. I think she's the youngest? I got that impression.

They left things very open with Penny. I'd love to meet what they envision to be her mother. Her father left little impression on me but I have a feeling Penny's mother will be much like her.

Can you imagine Penny and her mother and Sheldon in a scene together? It could be funny if they pick the right mom.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-24-2014, 03:55 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 03:34 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: There's also nothing wrong with just Penny. It's to the point Smile

How about Penny Blossom?

Or The Broken Blossom, since it covers both her money situation and her spirit

You know, the first couple of seasons I didn't see her as somebody who was afraid to be alone. Yes, she went out and partied with her girlfriends and had sex with guys (although I think Sheldon's number of sex partners she's had is lower if you consider she was with Kurt for 4 years, and had at least one 6 month dry spell resulting in her gaming addiction) but she was young, healthy, and in her early 20's so it's not surprising that she was hitting the clubs. It wasn't until season 4 when Bernadette and especially Amy started browbeating her about how great a guy Leonard was, how could she let him get away, And how much more accomplished, pretty, etc Priya was that she started to drink more and withdraw into the Bitter, sad, drunk Penny we know today. Does she even have any other friends anymore? I think her world has become The gang, the very people who treat her so bad with her boyfriend leading the charge, letting her know every single chance they get how inadequate she is. How often do you have to told you're stupid (even in jest) before you start believing it, how often do you have to be put down before you feel worthless.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
Thank you everyone for the title suggestions! I love all of them. But I personally prefer for the title to include the name of the character, so I’m going to go with Penny Blossom. Hope that’s OK with everyone. Still, if there is another title you prefer, tell me and I’ll go with the title that gets the majority of votes!
The following 1 user Likes FranEssi's post:
  • Jislane35