10 Years Later: 1.8 The Grasshopper Experiment
Season 1, Episode 8 - The Grasshopper Experiment (First Aired on November 12, 2007)
[Image: bbt-s1e8-1600x900-800x450_071420140201.jpg]

When Raj's parents set him up on a blind date, he finds he can talk to women with the aid of alcohol.

Canon Facts:
  • During Raj's video call with his parents it is revealed that he is 26 years old.
  • This is the first appearance of Raj's parents.
  • Penny makes her first appearance as a bartender
  • This is the first time Raj speaks to Penny.
  • This is the first episode in which Comic Con is mentioned
  • This is the first episode where Sheldon is drunk in the series.
  • This episode was watched by 9.32 million people with a rating of 3.8 (adults 18-49).

After watching this episode again, I'm really not fond of it. Although there were a few really funny moments, they were overpowered with Raj only being able to speak to women with alcohol (making him a complete douche in the process) instead of letting him BE the womanizer of the group without ever saying a word. Plus, Penny getting Sheldon drunk isn't nearly as amusing after watching it again knowing his father was an alcoholic. My grade, one  Blossom

Favorite Scenes/Quotes:

Blossom
Raj Koothrappali: [to Sheldon] If you do not stop hitting on my lady, you will feel the full extent of my wrath!
Leonard: I'm not hitting on her!
Lalita: And I am not your lady!
Wolowitz: And you have no wrath.
Blossom
Penny: I need some guinea pigs.
Sheldon: O-kay, there's a lab animal supply company in Reseda you could try. But if your research is going to have human applications, may I suggest white mice instead; their brain chemistry is far closer to ours.
Penny: I swear to God, Sheldon, one day I'm going to get the hang of talking to you.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons