0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 11.10 The Confidence Erosion
Airs : December 7, 2017

"Sheldon and Amy try to eliminate stress from wedding planning by applying math to the process. Also, Koothrappali “breaks up” with Wolowitz after realizing his best friend is actually hurting his confidence."

Well... don't look at the promo pictures if you don't want to see Shamy wedding pics. They seem to be either play-acting their wedding so Sheldon doesn't have an aneurysm when on the day he actually has to marry Amy, or eloping. Morlock Morlock Morlock 

It's not a pretty sight my friends but promo shots are here.

Of course the real HORROR of all this, is we'll have to endure this spectacle TWICE. Sheldon mock-marries his captor and then marries his captor. Gahhhh!! Puke
Damn, you weren't joking...
The first image was already enough for me.

[Image: laptop_close.gif]
(11-21-2017, 10:27 PM)CTR69 Wrote: Damn, you weren't joking...
The first image was already enough for me.

[Image: laptop_close.gif]

We all knew this was the main arc of BB now... anyone want to make bets on how many Shamy weddings they can squeeze into 1.5 seasons. Big Grin
What used to be beautiful about Sheldon was that the fellow looked outward into the universe. His eye wasn't focused upon the mundane.
He was a constant reminder that one can march out of time with the rest of the world, and still keep one's own tune.
If they're intent on humbling him, it's certainly succeeded. It's like watching Icarus floundering around in an IKEA kitchen...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Ratman77
(11-22-2017, 11:49 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: What used to be beautiful about Sheldon was that the fellow looked outward into the universe. His eye wasn't focused upon the mundane.
He was a constant reminder that one can march out of time with the rest of the world, and still keep one's own tune.
If they're intent on humbling him, it's certainly succeeded. It's like watching Icarus floundering around in an IKEA kitchen...

I'm puzzled as to why Sheldon is agreeing to a ceremony at all. The character I know, would just skip all that spectacle and jump straight to the registry office to sign the documents. Logically speaking, none of it makes any sense. Why he's marrying her in the first place is out of character.

In "The Porkchop Indeterminacy" (S01E15), Sheldon tells Leonard that he's not good enough to date his sister:

Sheldon: So there is the possibility, however remote, that resting in her loins is the potential for another individual as remarkable as myself.
Leonard: Exactly. And, you owe it to yourself and to posterity to protect the genetic integrity of your sister’s future offspring.
Sheldon: You’re right. If someone wants to get at Missy’s fallopian tubes, they’ll have to go through me.

Later Sheldon tells Leonard that he's not genetically sound enough.

Sheldon: It’s nothing personal, I’d just prefer if my future niece or nephew didn’t become flatulent every time they eat an Eskimo pie.
Raj: Everybody knows genetic diversity produces the strongest offspring. Why not put a little mocha in the family latte.

Sheldon: In principle you have a point, but as a practical matter, need I remind you that it takes experimental pharmaceuticals to simply enable you to speak to the opposite sex.
Raj (waving finger at him): I think you’re focussing entirely too much on the drugs. (Finger keeps waving. Leonard has to reach out and stop it.)
Howard: Is it ‘cause I’m Jewish, ‘cause I’d kill my Rabbi with a porkchop to be with your sister.
Sheldon: This has nothing to do with religion. This has to do with the fact that you’re a tiny, tiny man who still lives with his mother.
Leonard: Sheldon, you are really being unreasonable.
Sheldon: Am I? Here. Eat this cheese without farting and you can sleep with my sister.

So why the hell why is Sheldon Cooper, marrying a woman with so many genetic flaws.

1. Webbed feet
2. Short-sighted
3. Pelvis problem she can't open her legs or something.
4. Dodgy feet (orthopedics)
5. Some uterus tilt thing.
6. Excessively hairy.

I'm sure there's others but she is not what he logically wanted...
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CTR69, devilbk, Shellsyke, Ratman77, Nutz
"Penny, this is non-optional. I need you to become the mother of my child."

[Image: big-bang-theory-penny-WHAT-gif.gif]

"It's all very logical. Your Scandinavian features represent, what the Western culture takes as the highest standart of beauty. Your Nebraskan corn-fed vigor and extroverted personality will give the child the best chances of social success and acceptance, while my mind provide him with the best and most advanced analytical skills, able to solve the deepest mysteries of the Universe and nature of reality."

Shock

"Our child will be smart and beautiful."
The following 5 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingSolo, Shellsyke, Ratman77, Nutz
(11-22-2017, 08:46 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I'm sure there's others but she is not what he logically wanted...

It's presumably meant to represent that his love for her doesn't fit within the logical parameters (genetic and societal hardiness etc) self-prescribed by his previous existence. And that her personality is what he fell in love with. Unfortunately her personality is precisely the problem.
I can't see Sheldon (even this doped-up glue-eating toddler version) falling in love with someone so self-pitying and manipulative, who loathes his hobbies and passions. He might as well marry Leonard. At least they could park a Time Machine in their living room.

Could have been worse, they could have made him marry a version of Alicia from Season 1...*shudder*

Or, you know, they could have not destroyed his character and kept him focused on the mysteries of the universe...

BUT ANYWAY.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Shelatte, Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77
At this point, I can not help but make you courage again, folks.

Sheldon and Amy rehearse their wedding.

Well, how much- especially at TV-shows- it happens something rehearsed and prepared and afterwards it is completely different?

The break up of Al and Peggy in 'Married with children.'
The wedding of Jackie and Kelso in 'That seventies show.'

Only two examples.

In this episode is the 'break up' of Raj and Howard. Something that no one would have expected, right? Hmm, why could not it be that we see a first step at a similar direction? That this whole puffed up game between Sheldon and Amy is not the first sign of a bang?
Come on folks, let us see it from this point of view. Let us hope that there will come the great turn and that we will see Sheldon-regarding his marriage proposal-come to reason. Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_nv9upjStTx1qicfexo2_r1_540.gif]

Chins up and SHENNY FOR THE WIN!!!!