0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.07 The Geology Methodology
Airs November 9, 2017.

"Sheldon and Bert collaborate on a research project, despite Sheldon’s embarrassment. Also, Penny and Bernadette coach Koothrappali on how to navigate his relationship with Ruchi."

The pull set of promo shots are here.

[Image: yo5k6l4.jpg]

[Image: 7LOe47P.jpg]
[Image: p6DUJvp.jpg]
Let me guess, Amy proves useless in consulting Sheldon, so he goes to the one person who actually understands him and makes him feel better? But she's not his girlfriend...
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • FlyingSolo
[Image: Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-27%2Bat%2B2.58.3...%255D.jpeg]

This picture says it all about the Lenny...
The following 3 users Like Shellsyke's post:
  • CTR69, Idle Miscreant, chaotic temptation
And the next moment, where Leonard goes full schadenfreude on Penny. Shows you who real friends are. Again. Leonard acts like a selfish prick there, bailing out.
Sheldon knows Leonard's a jerk and won't be of any help. He knows Penny will listen to him and maybe provide a good advice, but they need privacy.

Penny became Sheldon's bro. You know, the guy you can share everything with. The guy you like more than your girlfriend. The guy who will always be there for you, after the breakup. She replaced Leonard as Sheldon's best friend, it's obvious.

A male-female bromance, I can't explain it in any other way. They share everything and can do lots of things together, but they never admit their feelings or kiss.
I'm totally convinced that the writers read fourm posts on the other fansite!!!

There was an argument over there about Sheldon's attitude towards Penny's past. Now I maintained that Sheldon never understood, nor cared about social convention. Sexual reputation was of no interest to him and when he calculated Penny's sexual partners back in S5, he did so out of pure scientific curiosity. It wasn't moralism. Some of the canons, who are VERY anti-Sheldon and Penny as a match, argued that Sheldon has always thought of Penny as a slut. Which is just ship-wars and total bullshit.

Then lo and behold, in the next recorded episode, they have Sheldon judging Penny's past. Now I am convinced that the writers have A. Got it in for Shenny Shippers and have been making obvious pops at our ship for years, and B. Read the forums and give the canons whatever they ask for. The writers maintain that they aren't allowed to read fan sites but I think they are totally lax with that rule.

I've been reading the reviews of tThe Geology Methodology and almost ever reviewer is perplexed or at least mention the 'Slut-shaming' of Penny as weird or mean by Sheldon.

Deen of Geek writes:

"In other news, Sheldon basically calls Penny a slut, and she replies by telling him to go be sexually promiscuous with himself. Not sure why that’s here, but at least she hit back."

EW
Compares the episode to Tayler Swifts Reputation.

Christian Post
Doesn't name the insult but calls it weird.
"Sheldon also has something weird to say when she [Penny] asks him to work with Bert properly. Suffice to say Penny is close to punching the man."

Vulture says:
"Good one, Penny! She doesn’t bother to tell Sheldon what that “figure of speech” is, because this is still network TV at 8 p.m., but damn, does this episode have some consistency issues. Penny is judged by Sheldon, one of her closest friends, for what he deems to be her sexually free past..."

SO writers!! I'm watching you reading thar forum!! Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy I can seeeee you...
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CTR69, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Shellsyke
Old Sheldon:
[Image: big-bang-theory-22.gif]

S8 Sheldon:
"I'm the wise man."

S11 Sheldumb:
"Penny, you're a dumb slut married to Leonard, how do you cope with all of this?"

Head-Shenny: 
"I need to talk to Penny, alone." Sheldon shoos Leonard away like a dog. The last thing he needs right now is getting bothered by the little troll. Minutes pass, he does not say anything. Sheldon sits in his spot in silence, until Penny breaks it.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Penny asks him from the far right cushion.

"Not really, I just wanted Leonard to go away, so I can watch some Doctor Who. It helps me clear my head after work." Despite living for almost year across the hall, Sheldon kept returning to his old apartment, to his spot. Because Penny was now there as well.

"Huh." Penny shifts into her spot in the middle cushion. "Most guys usually open up a cold one and later burp like pigs." Penny shakes her head imagining Leonard in a few years. "Wanna talk about it?"

"I plan on working with Bert from the geology department for my next project, can you believe it? Geology..." Sheldon shook his head in disbelief.

"Didn't he recently win some fund prize or something?"

"He did. I must admit, he is good at what he does. Very good. But still nowhere near my level of work." 

"Give him a chance. Things change, Sheldon. Working with Bert can only boost your career. It can't make it worse, right?"

"But what will others think of me, if I'm working with Bert?"

"Since when do you, of all people, care what everybody else thinks?" Penny was surprised of this. Sheldon never cared about other people's opinions about anything.

"Amy recently pointed to me, I need to be more considerate of other people's feelings and opinions."

"Screw that! Don't let her get into your head, Sheldon. Your confidence was one of the things I liked about you. Don't let that slip away."

"Things change..."

"They should not for the worse. Come on, where's the Sheldon who banished from this apartment!?" Penny nudged his shoulder. "I miss that guy..."
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Nutz, Shellsyke
(11-13-2017, 11:16 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I'm totally convinced that the writers read fourm posts on the other fansite!!!

There was an argument over there about Sheldon's attitude towards Penny's past. Now I maintained that Sheldon never understood, nor cared about social convention. Sexual reputation was of no interest to him and when he calculated Penny's sexual partners back in S5, he did so out of pure scientific curiosity. It wasn't moralism. Some of the canons, who are VERY anti-Sheldon and Penny as a match, argued that Sheldon has always thought of Penny as a slut. Which is just ship-wars and total bullshit.

Then lo and behold, in the next recorded episode, they have Sheldon judging Penny's past. Now I am convinced that the writers have A. Got it in for Shenny Shippers and have been making obvious pops at our ship for years, and B. Read the forums and give the canons whatever they ask for. The writers maintain that they aren't allowed to read fan sites but I think they are totally lax with that rule.

I've been reading the reviews of tThe Geology Methodology and almost ever reviewer is perplexed or at least mention the 'Slut-shaming' of Penny as weird or mean by Sheldon.

Deen of Geek writes:

"In other news, Sheldon basically calls Penny a slut, and she replies by telling him to go be sexually promiscuous with himself. Not sure why that’s here, but at least she hit back."

EW
Compares the episode to Tayler Swifts Reputation.

Christian Post
Doesn't name the insult but calls it weird.
"Sheldon also has something weird to say when she [Penny] asks him to work with Bert properly. Suffice to say Penny is close to punching the man."

Vulture says:
"Good one, Penny! She doesn’t bother to tell Sheldon what that “figure of speech” is, because this is still network TV at 8 p.m., but damn, does this episode have some consistency issues. Penny is judged by Sheldon, one of her closest friends, for what he deems to be her sexually free past..."

SO writers!! I'm watching you reading thar forum!! Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy I can seeeee you...

Also, Penny hadn't really been portrayed as promiscuous on this show when she was single. The character who has had the most partners/flings since this show started was Leonard.
The following 2 users Like Shellsyke's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77
(11-16-2017, 08:27 AM)Shellsyke Wrote: Also, Penny hadn't really been portrayed as promiscuous on this show when she was single. The character who has had the most partners/flings since this show started was Leonard.

Good point. Leonard would take sex whenever it was on offer. We've seen quite a few women with Leonard. Yet the show acts as if he wouldn't even get a girlfriend, if he and Penny broke up now. The opposite seems to be true. He could always date Mandy Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77
That was from the beginning on the problem for me with Leonards character.
He had affair after affair but presented himself as such a poor guy who never got a chance.

That's why Penny's affection for him was- for me-(regarding her characteristic introduction into the show) always unbelievable and the decisive factor, for my conviction, that she is just a trophy for him. Angry
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant