Sheldor the Conqueror
[Image: 8vvwwj.jpg]

More "Sheldon" in one measly gif than we're likely to see all season...

Morlock
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • Kimk26, Idle Miscreant
[Image: 5krgaa.jpg]

[Image: ayjzo8.jpg]

[Image: 53n2ae.png]
OH PLEASE...
The following 4 users Like Toad's post:
  • Louise, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Melvin
Sheldon's honesty was extremely beautiful because in real life no one could be that truthful. He was released from the expectations of others. The continuous duty which we have as humans to one another. It was part of what made him endearing, hilarious and likeable, he went places none of us could tread because he was innocent and this is why he got a free pass on a lot of his behaviour. Sheldon was a slice of light relief from society. I don't believe any early Sheldon fan took him seriously, as a way to act, he was a symbol of what not to do, to say and he made us laugh because he alone could do it.

[Image: bbt-say-to-my-face-jpg.jpg?w=780]
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Nutz, Melvin
(10-24-2015, 02:49 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Sheldon's honesty was extremely beautiful because in real life no one could be that truthful. He was released from the expectations of others. The continuous duty which we have as humans to one another. It was part of what made him endearing, hilarious and likeable, he went places none of us could tread because he was innocent and this is why he got a free pass on a lot of his behaviour. Sheldon was a slice of light relief from society. I don't believe any early Sheldon fan took him seriously, as a way to act, he was a symbol of what not to do, to say and he made us laugh because he alone could do it.

"Sorry I'm late, I didn't really want to come" has always been an absolute fave of mine. So relatable! Tongue
The following 6 users Like Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, wellplayedpenny, FlyingMonkey, Nutz
Wow. I feel like you guys covered everything already-what I liked about Sheldon and what we lost.

I loved him being childlike (not childish.)
Kids can just say and do anything without a care and people just work around them-I loved that Sheldon could do this.
Hell, I wish I could do this.

I loved that his brilliance put him above everybody in the room and he knew it. 

"I have a masters and two PhDs. I should not have to do this."  Dodgy

I loved he was confident enough to be a nerd and have fun without caring what anyone else thought.

Too bad TPTB felt threatened by their own creations and felt the need to punish him by taking out their high school frustrations out on the happy/brilliant/pretty characters by dragging them down.
The following 5 users Like Jela's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Gamma, devilbk, Toad, Nutz
I just rewatched The Codpiece Topology and it struck me how much more human Sheldon used to be. I suppose this is something that applies to pretty much any sitcom character during the early seasons (I can think of like two sitcoms were the characters weren't flanderised to hell when the show ran on after season three), but it stands out so much more here because of all the talk of how much of a robot Sheldon used to be.

But he wasn't, though. At the end of that episode, when he accidentally breaks up Leslie and Leonard over loop vs. string theory (here's a plot point that wouldn't happen these days), he sits down next to dejected Leonard on the couch and tells him "look on the bright side... only nine more months to Comic Con". The punchline is, of course, that Leonard actually does find that a cheering thought - and I think Sheldon knew that, because he was smiling along. That, to me, was more meaningful than a whole episode of Amy training him into empathy that he OBVIOUSLY ALREADY POSSESSED. He was a much better friend to Leonard and Penny back in the day, even if he said awkward things or "misbehaved". Similarly, the others didn't let him get away with shit and trample over them, but they also weren't constantly spitting venom his way. It was just so much more light-hearted and actually believable as friendships; nowadays, Sheldon has been relegated to genius toddler status, and their relationships are consequently completely uneven.
[Image: L8fn9t4.gif]
OH PLEASE...
The following 8 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, devilbk, Kimk26, FlyingSolo, QueenOfShebaSays, Jela, Melvin
[Image: ZgXc44h.gif]
OH PLEASE...
The following 8 users Like Toad's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingSolo, QueenOfShebaSays, Jela, Kimk26, devilbk, wellplayedpenny, Melvin
The Vegas Renormalization

[Image: mwvuBre.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 4 users Like Toad's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Trust No One, spuffyfan, Kimk26
Like this pic...

[Image: tumblr_o7ytd5sRSj1s6fovto1_540.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, FlyingSolo, wellplayedpenny