0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.06 The Proton Regeneration
Airs Thursday, November 2

"Sheldon goes head-to-head with Wil Wheaton for the role of the new Professor Proton. Also, Penny steps in to take care of Halley when Bernadette and Wolowitz both wind up on bed rest."

Promo pictures are here

This reminds me of 4.14 The Thespian Catalyst. When Penny helps Sheldon be a better lecturer by giving him some acting lessons.

Oh course Sheldon takes it further, and here we have Penny getting to Sheldon's core again.

Wil Wheaton nemesis episodes were always fun so this episode has the potential to be good. Penny babysitting might be funny, it might also be a foreshadow of her suddenly getting maternal. Sad
Yes the Wheaton/Sheldon plot could be very funny. I have a feeling you’re right about Penny all of a sudden getting maternal, otherwise they would’ve had Raj and especially Stuart (you know the guy living with them and acting like the Manny in other episodes) watching her.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Liked Wheaton/Sheldon. Sheldon let out a "WHEA-TON!" reminiscent of earlier seasons when he found out that Wheaton got the part of Professor Proton. The dynamic between Jim Parsons and Wil Wheaton is great. It's kind of too bad that they are enemies again (at least from Sheldon's perspective). LOL at Bob Newhart/Arthur Jeffries wanting to get on that "list" so that Sheldon stops conjuring him up in his imagination.

Penny was the best part of the Howard/Bernadette subplot when she successfully took care of Halley and Halley said her first word "mama" to Penny, not Bernadette. I have to say I was pissed off that H & B called upon Amy to check in on Penny and "help" her. Hey dudes, remember when Amy was first on the show and even more socially awkward than Sheldon? There is no way that she is better at taking care of Halley than Penny. In their own way, all of the main characters minus Penny (and maybe Stuart, since he is not a scientist) don't seem to get that book smarts and street smarts are not the same. Penny may be less book smart than the rest of them, but she has more street smarts. She may not have personal experience being a parent to a baby, but her instincts are likely better than Leonard, Amy, Raj, or Sheldon.
The following 1 user Likes Shellsyke's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
I hated this episode. I felt like it was beat up on Sheldon and Penny hour.

Every comment about Sheldon was supposed to be funny, but it wasn't because they were mocking him. Amy spoon-feeding the problems with Sheldon's audition instead of just telling him the truth in a better way was appalling.

Raj was creepy trying to be there for Howard, beyond creepy that he felt he should check out Howard's junk for swelling or that he was stress-eating because Howard was having surgery was awkward.

I like Bernie, but seriously, why would they assume Penny couldn't take care of Halley? Book smarts are not the same as Street smarts. Usually people like Penny would be better at taking care of kids. She has at least one nephew, which means that she has been around kids before, therefore she probably knows how to take care of kids. I seriously hated that none of them trusted her with the kid. Like any of the guys could be any better at taking care of a kid. Also, if Bernie is 16 weeks, they wouldn't know the sex of the baby...and she wouldn't be that big.

Honestly, I really dislike the appearances of both Weaton and Arthur as they are beyond annoying with their comments to Sheldon. It's not funny that Arthur wants on that list. It's not funny that he's so sour and grumpy all the time. It's not funny that either of them mock him to his face.

I think I'm done.
The following 1 user Likes Jenger's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas