10 Years Later: 1.5 - The Hamburger Postulate
Lots of great quotes and scenes in this episode. The contrast between Sheldon and Leonard comes out so great:

Sheldon: You’re a lucky man, Leonard.
Leonard: How so?
Sheldon: You’re talking to one of the three men in the Western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
Leonard: Well, what do you think?
Sheldon: I said I could follow it, I didn’t say I care.

This genius right here encompasses the whole Sheldon's character in two sentences. Brilliant, narcissists, emotionless. In a way, it also encompasses Leonard, obsessing and over-analyzing every word Penny says and how she says it. They're on a completely different levels of thought in this ep:

Leonard:What did she mean by that?! Was that just a generic platitude, or was that a subtle bid for attention?
Sheldon: You know why this hamburger surpasses the Big Boy? This is a single-decker hamburger whereas the Big Boy is a double-decker. This has a much more satisfying meat to bun to condiment ratio. 
Leonard: Are you even listening to me?
Sheldon: Of course I'm listening. "Blah blah, hopeless Penny delusion, blah blah." Big Grin

Sheldon couldn't care less about Leonard and Penny's words and their body language, spends his time thinking about the tasty burger and future visits. Classic INTJ type moment.
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Years Later: 1.5 - The Hamburger Postulate - by CTR69 - 10-26-2017, 03:07 AM