0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.04 The Explosion Implosion
"Wolowitz and Sheldon bond when they drive to the desert to shoot off a model rocket. Also, when Leonard's mom, Beverly, finds a new best friend in Penny, it rubs Leonard the wrong way."

Doesn’t everything rub Leonard the wrong way? “I married you to hurt her”........ What a douchebag.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Jenger
Just like Sheldon, Penny is banned from making new friends. They're only allowed to live around their owners like pets, to make Leonard and Amy happy.
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • Nutz
(10-11-2017, 08:33 AM)Nutz Wrote: Doesn’t everything rub Leonard the wrong way? “I married you to hurt her”........ What a douchebag.

Oh a Union made in heaven!!  Sarcasm You know who else is best friends with Beverley? Sheldon.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, CTR69
Images for this episode are here but there's no Shenny ones.
Putting the Lemy "chemistry" in perspective...

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
11.4 - Part 1

Opening scene: B and H find out about the sex and the baby, fade to living room where Howard worries about how he can teach a boy to become a man when he was hardly one.... blah, blah, blah.... Sheldon jokes about penny being the man .... Penny alcohol joke.... Science joke..... still waiting for the comedy.

Theme song: 21 Seconds
Commercials: 2.54*

Scene change (Atom): 1.5 seconds
Leonard complains about the Laundromat not getting the stains out of his Star Fleet uniform. Penny jokes then he should stop making her wear the green paint, Leonard smirks and says its worth it and Nutz pukes up her lunch. Leonard runs out of the room when his mom skypes and all of a sudden the show is a comedy. Beverly is a joy and finding out she had Cuban food and unsatisfying intercourse the night before (roasted Pork and sideways missionary) while Penny is at her Penniest is hysterical.

Sheldon and Howard start talking about disappointing fathers over a Saturn 5 Replica Rocket while Raj is a douche. Howard realizes that building rockets (with his father) was probably why he became an Engineer. Sheldon says in his own way his Dad encouraged him to pursue Science, from him he learned that flatulence is combustible and that Polyester gym shorts don't burn... they melt. Raj continues to be a douche and then leaves pouting. Howard asks Sheldon to build the Saturn 5 Rocket with him and Sheldon says "that sounds like it could be a real bonding experience for us" when Howards agrees Vintage Sheldon shows up out of the blue and says "oh, I see, you think that's a positive" and makes his what the hell, I'm already down the rabbit hole look.

Very uncomfortable scene with Raj telling Bernie how to change baby girl clothes into boy clothes

Howard says they need Peanuts and after the predictable you cant have peanuts who will drive me home if you die line from Sheldon Howard tells him that When the Ranger mission successfully launched they had peanuts in the room and every since them they have them at every launch. Sheldon says it sounds like a silly superstition, but when Howard says it's more like a tradition Sheldon is on board since he loves a good tradition. When Sheldon goes into a dither about finding a "nut" store. When Howard realizes that there is no way to find Peanuts out where they are, he tells Sheldon the more he thinks about it, it really sounds like a tradition ... and Sheldon is back to hating it

Beverly wants to know if she can talk to Penny, Penny asks what time it is there and when Beverly says just after 5, Penny says "that counts" and puts back the OJ she was getting and grabs the wine bottle. Beverly says she enjoys talking with Penny and that she doesn't have a lot of "girlfriends" just colleagues, who are all Freudian, which means the only "boy" she can dish about is her Father. Beverly says if they're going to be real GF's then they need to talk about Penny's life too. Penny says to be "real' GF's they need a 3rd GF to trash behind her back. When Beverly says she likes the idea of being catty She says "what about Sheldon's fiancé, she seems a bit dower". Penny replies "oh dower.... meow"

Sheldon and Howard go the launch the rocket and get into a argument about if it's L- or T- for countdown. When Sheldon points out this is a Saturn 5 and therefore T- was used, Howard says it's his rocket, his way. Sheldumb is a jackass and tells him "he doesn't know why Howards Dad left, but he's getting a good idea" Howard starts the countdown, Sheldumb makes a crack and the Rocket explodes. Sheldumb says 'I remember them going up higher"

Commercials: 4.42.48

When Howard says he cant even launch a rocket how can he bring up a boy, Sheldon says "what do you know about raising a girl?"
Howard freaks out and says "Oh my God, you're right" and Sheldon comes back with "well I don't know if that was sarcasm or not. Either your welcome, or Hey!"

Penny is making sandwiches and Leonard texts her to put extra mayo on his (he's on the couch, btw) when Penny calls him about it he says "I was worried you might not check your email" when Beverly texts Penny Leonard wants to know why "is she sick of talking to the magic mirror on the wall?" Penny says she thinks Beverly is lonely and reaching out. Leonard warns her to be careful, "you think you're getting close to her and the next thing you know you're featured in a book called He's Doing it on Purpose: Raising A Teenaged Bed wetter" When Penny tells him "It's not like that, She's been opening up about her life and she actually has been very supportive about mine" when Leonard questions that Penny says "yeah, I've been telling her about my job and she says she was proud of me" Leonard pouts and says "That's great, never told me she was proud of me... Even when I stayed dry a whole month" When Penny asks him if he doesn't want her to be friends with his mother Leonard says "Let's be clear, I married you to hurt her... you're kind of ruining it"
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
11.4 - Part 2

Sheldon and Howard are picking up the exploded Rocket pieces and Sheldon is giving Howard reasons to feel good: "Reason # 13- As a launch it was bad, but as an explosion it was glorious. Reason # 14- You still have all your fingers and boys prefer a Dad with fingers" When Howard says he isn't going to be able to cheer him up. Sheldon says "How about this then... You quit your whining before I give you something to cry about young Man" When Howard says "what?" Sheldon tells him "they were comforting words my Father would often say" when Howard asks if it helped, Sheldon says "I've turned out great, you tell me" When they start to leave Sheldon asks Howard if he's going to mope all the way home. When Howard replies maybe, Sheldon asks "if he wants to be cheered up by an amazing Trigonometry riddle" and when Howard looks at him like what? Sheldon says "If you can't answer that there's no way you're going to get this riddle"

Raj and Bernadette - Blah, blah, blah

Leonard whines to Amy about Penny and his Mom being friends and Amy goes off on an overacted tangent about..... Amy. The rest of this scene has been redacted so you don't puke.

Howard and Sheldon start to have a very vintage Sheldon/Penny conversation (in the beginning)
Sheldon: You know studies have shown that people distracted by emotional issues are poor drivers
Penny Howard: What about people distracted by irritating passengers?
Sheldon: That would be hard to test because irritating is a subjective quality
Howard: I strongly disagree
Sheldon: Can I Drive?
Howard: No, You can't drive. You don't even have a license
Sheldon: Actually I do.
Howard: Really? When?
Sheldon: Three years ago. I went on a bit of a license kick. I'm also a commercial Fisherman
Howard: Then why don't you ever drive yourself?
Sheldon: Honestly, I barely passed my test. One time I drove on my own I made a U-turn, got dizzy, threw up and walked home.
Howard: You really want to drive?
Sheldon: Seems like a perfect time. The roads are straight, there's no one around and you don't care if you live or die
Howard: Live Sheldon. I want to Live
Sheldon: Well that makes things a little trickier, but I'll do my best.

Beverly is let down that it's Leonard and not Penny calling her.
Leonard: Hello Mother, how are you
Beverly: Fine and you?
Leonard: I'm Great
Beverly: Well it's been lovely catching up
Leonard: Hang on, we need to talk
Beverly: Oh brother
Leonard: I want to know why aren't you proud of me?
Beverly: Well isn't the question why aren't you proud of yourself?
Leonard: That is a question I ask a lot. But lets stick with the one I asked you
Beverly: Well why do you think I'm not proud of you?
Leonard: Because you never say it, but 2 days into chatting with Penny and you can't stop telling her how great she is.
Beverly: She is great. Honestly, of all my children's spouses she's the one I'm most impressed by.
Leonard: Seriously?
Beverly: Yes. She's confident, she's thoughtful and she never complained about you once. I know what kind of strength that takes
Leonard: So, Penny's your favorite?
Beverly: I suppose she is. You married well and for that I am proud of you
Leonard: I don't, I don't know what to say
Beverly: I'm also proud of how hard you're trying not to cry
Leonard: Thank you
Beverly: Would you like to hang up now?
Leonard: Yeah, here it comes

Howard is teaching Sheldon how to drive
Sheldon: The last time I drove I was terrified, but this is fun
Howard: You're doing great
Sheldon: You're a good teacher. your son is going to be luck to have you as a Father
Howard: Thanks
Sheldon: Do you think I could try going a little faster?
Howard: Go for it Champ (hits Sheldon on shoulder)
Sheldon: Oww!
Howard: Sorry, just ease on the gas and ...... AHHHHH TO MUCH TO MUCH!!!!
Sheldon: Why was I scared of this? This is exhilarating!
Howard: NO IT"S NOT SLOW DOWN!
Sheldon: Don't tell me what to do you aren't my father!

Commercials: 2.43.71

CHP (California highway Patrol) has pulled over the car and asked if Sheldon knows how fast he was going Sheldon says 112. Policeman asks for license his and Sheldon tells him he can keep it.

End credits: 25.99 seconds

Opening theme, commercials, Scene changes (Atom) and End credits: 11 minutes, and 26 seconds

So there it is boys and girls. 1 hour of my life I can't get back. Overall, LOVED the Beverly scenes, liked the Sheldon/Howard scenes (for the most part) and the rest could've been left on the cutting room floor. So I'm giving it 1 and a half Penny Blossoms.
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Jenger
I agree. I loved that Beverly had a lot of positive things to say about Penny. It's about damn time someone did rather than propping up Penny's looks or propping up Amy in general.

I also actually really did enjoy Sheldon/Howard.

Leonard/Amy really highlighted the worst in both of these characters.

Bernadette/Raj were just meh.
The following 1 user Likes Shellsyke's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
Thanks so much guys. Haven't had a chance to see this one yet. I'm also thrilled that there are scenes you are positive about, we don't get a lot of that around here Big Grin

"She's confident, she's thoughtful and she never complained about you once. I know what kind of strength that takes." Penny is confident, thoughtful and strong. Perfect for Sheldon!!! Heart So great to see her praised for once. I can't think of any other positive comment about Penny in the entire show. Even though she's the character who often steps forward to help everyone else.

Sorry we don't have a 1 and a half Penny Blossoms option Nutz. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, Jenger