0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.02 The Retraction Retraction
Airs Monday, October 2 at 20:00 on CBS.

"Leonard angers the university and the entire physics community, after he gives an embarrassing interview. Also, Amy and Bernadette bond over having to hide their success from Sheldon and Howard."

So Amy and Bernadette pretend to be less than they are incase their men can't handle it?  Undecided 

They have so many old worn out tropes going on. I'm not sure who it's trying to favour. We all know Bernadette earns more than Howard and they really bashed him over this. Now Amy's doing better than Sheldon? I remember Sheldon and Amy once having an argument about their fields, he thought physics was the better discipline. Why would her success bother him? And I thought that the psychic promised Sheldon that his life and career wouldn't improve until he 'gave himself to Amy'. That never happened, can he take it back?
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Nutz
Sitcom 101 - wise, tolerant, patient women putting up with their foolish, childish husbands/boyfriends.
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Kimk26
Interesting that Penny hasn't felt the need to hide her success. I think this says way more about Amadette than it does about Shelward.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Kimk26, Jenger
OK, I must say, I actually liked parts of this episode. The Amy/Bernadette parts were meh, but it was fun to have The Original Five together right up through going to Feynman's grave. It felt a little old school.
The following 1 user Likes Shellsyke's post:
  • Jenger
You're right, I checked the clips on YT. It's great to see the gang back together.

But I kept wondering, why on Earth didn't Sheldon call Ramona?? Did Amy ban him from ever communicating with her again?
First Amy ruins his life, then she ruins his career and interest in science. The only thing he lived for.
Ramona could definitely clue him in onto something, some new promising field to focus into, or just be there for him.
She likes him much more than Amy. With Shemona, none of this depression would occur.

He would call her, they would go out for dinner, stare at each others eyes, talk science,... But nooo, he's left stuck with his backstabbing "best friend", an alcoholic wife and two frightened stooges. But at least he's not with the hag. Could be worse.

Penny was fiery, Leonard was whiny and annoying, only Sheldon acted like his new dumb self. Other than that, great scene. Except for depression. I blame Amy for it.
I've added polls to the first two episodes
(10-05-2017, 02:50 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I've added polls to the first two episodes

(In Goth girl voice) Not that anyone cares
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26
You should add an option for Didn't Watch
The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Nutz, Kimk26
Oh gawd!! what a depressing episode and it shows how slow the show is to respond to science news these days. So they are all depressed about the Higgs Boson and the large hadron not proving supersymmetry now?!!! I know I'm just a mere fan fiction writer but I wrote The Supersymmetry Revelation THREE BLEEDIN' YEARS AGO!!! I used that very topic, to get Sheldon to fall in love with Penny. Its just a fic about supersymmetry being disproven and Sheldon's reaction. Talk about late to the party.

Not much to report about this episode except its depressing and Penny is the only spark of life. Didn't think much of Bernadette and Amy's bragging competition. It lacked real bite.

Here's my fan fiction if anyone is interested. Big Grin
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jela, Kimk26, Gamma
Never assume a woman is pregnant. Number one rule. Also don't comment on the size of the belly.

Why would they want Lenard to talk up the Physics department? Also, Amy manipulated Sheldon into complimenting Lenard...gross. Sheldon should have played a prank on Lenard like Barry did to Sheldon. That would have been fair. Also, Lenard is in idiot. Who says what he said on the radio? He should have been fired...like eight years ago. Loved the dean's lie. Lenard deserves to be treated like crap.

Lady Physics...is the love of Sheldon's life. I love it.

I dislike that Amy and Bernie are hiding their success. It doesn't make sense. They should be able to tell their significant others anything. However since Sheldon always acts like a ten year old ...guess it makes sense. Also, it took Amy took five seconds to hate the bragging of Bernie...lol. I liked Bernie standing up for herself, but Amy's attitude was crap. She's clearly wanting to be the best and claiming that she is making groundbraking strides...I don't believe it.

How could Sheldon believe that Lenard's right? That doesn't sound like the Sheldon of old.

Lenard depresses Sheldon, Raj depresses Howard, and himself. LOL. They are terrible cheerleaders. Penny's cheering them up was great. The drinking was funny. Although I love the scene at the grave. It was adorable, and they got their excitement back.

I loved the email Lenard sent, it was great.

Overall, I think it turned out okay. The five together again was pretty great. Love that Sheldon still gets to sit in his spot. Also, I laughed a few times. Nice.